Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   3rd Brake Light Decal (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/28446-3rd-brake-light-decal.html)

jenos 07-21-2008 07:24 PM

3rd Brake Light Decal

I thought this might be an appropriate place to post this since its for lighting, but I was wondering if anyone has used, or knows the best way to put this decal on the third brake light? do you think i have to take the third brake light off and then place it on? thanks for any help you could give me.

Mobile Image - Auto Accessories & Graphics

xonexlifex 07-21-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by jenos (Post 372869)
I thought this might be an appropriate place to post this since its for lighting, but I was wondering if anyone has used, or knows the best way to put this decal on the third brake light? do you think i have to take the third brake light off and then place it on? thanks for any help you could give me.

Mobile Image - Auto Accessories & Graphics

id say the easiest way would be to take it out, i dont know tho bec ive never had to take it off for any reason, but what a cool idea tho! instead of getting the hella expensive third brake light, this is a great replacement

yeamans17 07-21-2008 08:12 PM

Its super simple to pull out, you push in 2 tabs and then take out 2 bolts.

mnapuran 07-21-2008 08:46 PM

Take a look at the pics here.. takes less then 5 minutes to do.
Index of car stuff\2008-Fit\2008-04-16 3rd Brake light\ - ASP ListPics

Fat Ping Cat 07-21-2008 08:54 PM

yes it is very easy to do, push in those two rectangular tabs... be careful not to ruin the plastic when taking off the cover. after that take out the two bolts 8 or 10mm, and unplug it.

i just got the decal, so on thursday my car is going in for tint and the tint will go in front of the light then i am going to put the decal on the tint, it should look pretty clean..:D

and being that it is going to say 'fit' on my third brake light i debadged it too... because that would just be redundant! :confused:

i had some extra aluminum tape lying around so i put some on that on the inside of the light fixture, its actually brighter... you should see it, all they have in there is black plastic and a dull piece of steel, not very reflective IMO:rolleyes:

oh i just read your post closer.. i'm assuming you didn't actually get it yet. you do need to take the brake light out, it is a black decal that is to be applied to the inside glass of the rear window. you put it on like any decal... mobile image will give you instructions too.

jenos 07-21-2008 09:32 PM

hey thanks a lot for the replies, and for the advice. I actually did receive the decals, but I'm new to all this, and I thought i was supposed to stick the decal on the actual brake light itself, and thought it'd be pretty challenging to do since the decal isn't cut to shape. I just got tints, do you see any trouble with sticking the decal on top of the tint? also wuts the best way to line up the decal with the light? by eye?

thanks again for all your help. really appreciate it.

Fat Ping Cat 07-21-2008 09:41 PM

i think it will be fine on the tint. if you take out the brake light and look at the rear glass you can see that black ceramic stuff they put on the edge of the glass, they notched it out there for the light so it would be easy enough to center it on that... of course make sure to apply the decal low enough so that you don't have the light shining out underneath the decal when you put the light back on..

haha i was confused too.... i was like... this decal doesn't fit on the freakin lens! :hyper: but then realized it had to go on the glass:p

solbrothers 07-21-2008 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i got a jazz LED 3rd brakelight

Attachment 79181

Fat Ping Cat 07-21-2008 09:53 PM

hott!!!!

:D

i like that piece that you have on your hatch too... i kind of want to do that but i think it would be a pain to have it painted to match

solbrothers 07-21-2008 10:03 PM

thanks! yeah, i bought it used and painted. i bought it from rickygoshdarn. good seller.

jenos 07-22-2008 11:51 AM

ahhh thanks big time, that piece of info was gold about how the light matches up with the rear hatch...and thanks for the info on how to take the light off..I'm gonna try it today, very psyched. thanks for help.

and yehh that jazz light is pretty sick..nice job maaan.

Fat Ping Cat 07-22-2008 12:04 PM

cool, maybe take a picture then. i probably will on thursday if i don't forget.

mnapuran 07-30-2008 11:30 PM

Shipped quite a few more this week! Those that ordered should see em soon :p

DeeZeex 07-31-2008 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by mnapuran (Post 381624)
Shipped quite a few more this week! Those that ordered should see em soon :p

Mine arrived last week, and only took a few minutes to install. I think it looks great! Thanks!

mnapuran 07-31-2008 01:29 AM

Good deal... glad you like it!

xonexlifex 07-31-2008 09:33 PM

man i just ordered one of these and cant wait til it finally gets here, but i havnt really seen it on many fits, lets see those pictures guys!

Fat Ping Cat 07-31-2008 09:48 PM

hah i'm getting to it... i decided to go somewhere else for tint. i didn't have a good feeling about the other place but the next should be great i hear very good things. so probably later staturday i will try to get a picture of the decal over my brake light:o

xonexlifex 07-31-2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat (Post 382587)
hah i'm getting to it... i decided to go somewhere else for tint. i didn't have a good feeling about the other place but the next should be great i hear very good things. so probably later staturday i will try to get a picture of the decal over my brake light:o

ok sick, ya i have my windows tinted 25% in the back, im sure it will look great

Fat Ping Cat 08-02-2008 11:56 PM

i finally got it on my car (the new tint looks amazing btw:D) and yes it does seem very thin, and yes it did want to peel off with the plastic applicator tape. the biggest problem with the adhesive on that applicator tape being way too strong. you have to be extremely careful while peeling off that clear plastic apparently. i did it really slowly after seeing your post.

its on my car now, and it isn't going anywhere. but the quality could be better, the vinyl should be thicker with a stronger adhesive and the clear applicator tape shouldn't have such a strong adhesive on it.:rolleyes: ...personally i felt that shipping was pretty steep too

end result being, i am extremely happy with how it looks

jenos 08-03-2008 03:50 PM

maan, I agree with all of you guys. I'm pretty new to decals and this stuff, so I figured I had a hard time since I'm a newb, but I definitly found it pretty difficult to take off the applicator tape as well. I was really afraid of ripping the vinyl, which I agree is pretty thin. I ended up using an exacto blade to carefully separate it. All in all though, at the end I'm really happy with it, I think it looks pretty awesome. really appreciate all the feedback from you guys.

really sorry for the horrible pics, I'm going to try to take better pics at night to see if that's clearer...but let me know wut u think...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/...53d579.jpg?v=0

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29291986@N08/2728630219/