Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Yellow fog bulbs vs. Yellow film

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Yellow fog bulbs vs. Yellow film

Just curious what everyone thinks is better? I had the Nokya fogs in my Fit but they were a higher wattage and I went through several pairs before giving up on them. I was thinking of doing the yellow film but was curious of how it looked and where everyone was getting the film from? Is it pretty durable?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
The reason why they fail so early is because of the higher wattage. The film has nothing to do with it. If you can find white ones with lower wattage, and then use yellow film to keep the yellow color, it should last longer, same with lower wattage yellow bulbs. Lower wattage is what gives them longer life.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crawly
Just curious what everyone thinks is better? I had the Nokya fogs in my Fit but they were a higher wattage and I went through several pairs before giving up on them. I was thinking of doing the yellow film but was curious of how it looked and where everyone was getting the film from? Is it pretty durable?
First, if I can offer one peice of advice; stop buying Nokya bulbs!!!

Go out, get a set of yellow Piaa bulbs. Yes, they cost like twice as much, but they won't burn out on you and they are way brighter with less wattage.

Is one of those things you shouldn't cheap out on, just bite the bullet and get them.

Film is ok, it protects the lense as well.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-05-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:44 PM
i like bulbs more, im done with yellow fogs (all previous hondas ive had)

Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak

Go out, get a set of yellow Piaa bulbs. Yes, they cost like twice as much, but they won't burn out on you and they are way brighter with less wattage.

Is one of those things you shouldn't cheap out on, just bite the bullet and get them.

Film is ok, it protects the lense as well.

Not the the first to tell me this, I will be biting the bullet

Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kriddik
Not the the first to tell me this, I will be biting the bullet
to be honest I almost went with the Nokya bulbs myself just over the price, now that I have had my Piaa's in for a while I am really happy with them. They really are brighter while using less wattage and they seem to be holding up through the test of time.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crawly
I got ur answer:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...tml#post598791

Film FTW!! Protection ftw!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:24 AM
i had the nokya bulbs before yes i like that it was supper sick making the outside of the car look bone stock in the day and at night its like "bling!!" but yea the film does protects the fog light lense a bit more then usual. i say its whatever u wanna do but the film last as long as it doesnt get messed up. and bulbs always burn out.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Yea I have to look into that

Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned
I have been enjoying this thread, and have been getting more and more annoyed with the dimness of the stock GE8 fog lights.

For anyone who is looking for PIAA H11 fog bulbs, I just ordered a set of Extreme While Plus bulbs from an eBay vendor who charges only $56.00 per pair. The PIAA web site price is around $75.00. Unfortunately for me, this vendor is in CA, so I had to pay sales tax, but it was still cheaper than buying from PIAA.

This seller's eBay number is 16191, user name is jjboy925, located in San Leandro, CA. He also carries several styles of headlight bulbs from PIAA at discount prices. I'm going to see what difference the higher power fog bulbs make, and then will order some PIAA head light bulbs from the same vendor.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
I have been enjoying this thread, and have been getting more and more annoyed with the dimness of the stock GE8 fog lights.

For anyone who is looking for PIAA H11 fog bulbs, I just ordered a set of Extreme While Plus bulbs from an eBay vendor who charges only $56.00 per pair. The PIAA web site price is around $75.00. Unfortunately for me, this vendor is in CA, so I had to pay sales tax, but it was still cheaper than buying from PIAA.

This seller's eBay number is 16191, user name is jjboy925, located in San Leandro, CA. He also carries several styles of headlight bulbs from PIAA at discount prices. I'm going to see what difference the higher power fog bulbs make, and then will order some PIAA head light bulbs from the same vendor.

That sounds awesome bro...

Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Amazon sells these bulbs for around 55 to 60 depending on the day and color. Yellow tends to be around $5 more. Free shipping.

Amazon.com: PIAA 15211 H11 Style Xtreme White 55=110-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack: Automotive

Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 AM
I Just got the film easy to apply protects ur fog lights and they last long and look the same maybe even better then putting bulbs in and oh yea way way way way cheaper haha

Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman

Yeah I barely even notice the stock fog lights when they are turned on, forget about the stock bulbs helping out in fog or snow!

I think you will be pretty happy with the PIAA's, they provide a very noticeable difference in lighting and the yellow color is great for enhancing depth perception in bad weather situations.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak

Exactly, the PIAA bulbs are great and their yellow bulb pierces inclement weather (fog/rain/snow) much better than a white or blueish bulb.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, imagine... using fog lights for fog

Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 AM
anyone tried...yellow bulb and yellow film?
how does that work?look?
I currently have yellow hid bulbs in the foglight
but I wnt the yellow look even when the light is turned off

Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
looks the same except you have yellow film when its not on. it doesnt affect output too much, it wasnt noticeable for me. I just got yellow fim today, thanks to koolkevin1107, great guy btw

Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by 713_fit
anyone tried...yellow bulb and yellow film?
how does that work?look?
I currently have yellow hid bulbs in the foglight
but I wnt the yellow look even when the light is turned off

Yea I was looking for that yellow fog look as well, but I keep getting mixed feedback on the film:/

Quick Reply: Yellow fog bulbs vs. Yellow film