Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   help!! headlights won't turn on???? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/39992-help-headlights-wont-turn.html)

trancedsailor 03-17-2009 09:07 PM

help!! headlights won't turn on????

I installed Koolkevin's keyring LED, at first I put the 2 ends in the wrong slot (light wasn't on) so I flipped them and then the green ring came on. Now though, my headlights won't turn on. The parking lights come on for lowbeams, and fogs/parking/angel eyes lights on for highbeams. My fogs are not supposed to come on with highbeams. What the hell did I do? I checked the 2 headlight fuses under the hood and the HID fuse, all 3 were good. The car starts, everything works but the actual headlights. I took out the keyring and still nothing. What can I do? Please help me I have a meet that I'm missing and this sucks!

trancedsailor 03-17-2009 09:25 PM

bump please help! Could I have shorted a wire? I only messed with 2, in the brown harness under the bottom plastic piece of the steering wheel

trancedsailor 03-17-2009 09:43 PM

the white wire, and black/yellow wire under the steering dash in the brown harness, anyone know what theyre for?

trancedsailor 03-17-2009 10:41 PM

bump in the night. Please I need to drive at night and this is bad

trancedsailor 03-18-2009 01:11 AM

going to sleep BUMP someone please help :(

trancedsailor 03-18-2009 09:34 AM

daytime bump

trancedsailor 03-18-2009 03:08 PM

bump :( :(

Super Mario 03-18-2009 04:15 PM

Wish I knew and I wish I could help... I would have just thought it was a fuse. GL.

Fit-it 03-20-2009 09:03 PM

I would check continuity (sp?) with a volt meter from you headlight switch to the fuse, relay, and actual bulb and see where your shorting out. when messing with the wires, is it possible you could have exposed bare wire from friction?

trancedsailor 03-21-2009 01:14 AM

thanks yo. It's fixed. My boy found the issue with a relay. Apparently the asshole at Velocity Trends in Jacksonville, Florida sucks ass. We ended up with 2 useless relays, one useless wire connection with fuse, and about 10 feet of unnecessary wiring. The lights work now, there's no clutter in the engine bay, and this is the way it should've been done from the start. I hate real shops. It's good to know people, that's all I gotta say.

isthata_scion 03-21-2009 08:32 AM

good to hear its fixed man

what a relief.

koolkevin1107 03-21-2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 610912)
thanks yo. It's fixed. My boy found the issue with a relay. Apparently the asshole at Velocity Trends in Jacksonville, Florida sucks ass. We ended up with 2 useless relays, one useless wire connection with fuse, and about 10 feet of unnecessary wiring. The lights work now, there's no clutter in the engine bay, and this is the way it should've been done from the start. I hate real shops. It's good to know people, that's all I gotta say.

Glad u got it fixed man. I was thinking about ur car for a couple days. I even went to my car and took off the bumper and headlights and checked with the wiring to make sure it wasn't my keyring led that did it. I knew it was a relay for the retrofit.