Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Headlight bulbs, Changing them and other questions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/4665-headlight-bulbs-changing-them-other-questions.html)

JDMGD3 04-30-2006 11:28 PM

Headlight bulbs, Changing them and other questions

Im not sure if any of you have taken a close look at changing the bulbs in the headlight housing but there is very limited space behind the headlights to change out any of the bulbs whether its the lowbeam/highbeam bulb, blinker or parking light. It almost seems as if you have to pull out the whole housing assembly to get access behind it and even that isnt too easy. I tried finding different ways of getting my hand behind the bulbs but its near impossible to squeeze a hand in that small space and this is coming from a guy who has small hands.

If anyone has looked into this and has found a better way of achieving this I would like to know, thanks.

vividjazz 04-30-2006 11:42 PM

Do Fits in the states not come with manuals as a large numbers of answers are contained in the manual? You get to the parker and headlights from under the front guards not the engine bay. The manual has step by step instructions and pictures comprehensively detailing the process.

JDMGD3 04-30-2006 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by vividjazz
Do Fits in the state not come with manuals as a large numbers of answers are contained in the manual? You get to the parker and headlights from under the front guards not the engine bay.

Maybe the Japanese spec Fit's are different but the US Fit's have to opening's under the front bumper area to put a hand through and gain access to the back side of the headlights. You would have to take out the fenderwell plastic trim to have clear access to the headlights from the back.

vividjazz 05-01-2006 12:12 AM

The process for us is to put the front wheels at full lock in one direction to get better access to the wheel arch. Undo 2 plastic clips then you can get your hand in behind the lights. I'm 6' 3"s so don't exactly have small hands. Its certainly not comfy in there but quite adequate. Parkers twist out and headlights unclip and have a seal that comes off.

Price paid for a small engine bay.

sillypuddy 05-01-2006 08:39 AM

the manual says to take out only the one round fender clip

but if you take out the square one (with the phillips screw) and pull the fender further back, it's easier

I also find taking the whole wheel off (or use a hoist) makes more clearance

-joe

erinmeow 05-15-2006 03:13 AM

So do we have any DIY for the headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs yet? (hopefully with pictures)

aziatiklover 05-15-2006 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by erinmeow
So do we have any DIY for the headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs yet? (hopefully with pictures)

yea that cuz I want to change the fog light bulbs with the ION one:D

sillypuddy 05-15-2006 09:30 AM

read the manual???

it has pictures and words on how to do this..

-joe

erinmeow 05-15-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by aziatiklover
yea that cuz I want to change the fog light bulbs with the ION one:D

Same here:cool: What brand are you getting?

erinmeow 05-15-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
read the manual???

it has pictures and words on how to do this..

-joe

I have not gotten my car yet, so i dont have manual. Just want to get ready once the car come in. hehe

aziatiklover 05-15-2006 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by erinmeow
Same here:cool: What brand are you getting?

iono yet whenever I get my car we will see :D

phunklife 06-05-2006 03:22 PM

Headlight sizes?

I dont have my car (someone hit me in a parking lot and left; Its getting fixed) so I dont have the manual. What size are the high/low beams?

motordad 06-05-2006 03:44 PM

I think they are H4 (HB2)?

MotorDad in Milwaukee

phunklife 06-05-2006 04:40 PM

both highs and lows are h4s then?

uiskibum 06-05-2006 06:32 PM

The H4 bulb is a combo bulb, so it has a filament for the high beam and low beam in the same capsule.

els2023 06-10-2006 10:14 PM

Best Replacement Headlight Bulbs

What Is The Best Replacement Headlight Bulb For The Fit?

Is It Piaa, Sylvania Etc...

Tomh 06-10-2006 10:28 PM

i had the silver stars in mine before i put my HID's in, and they were alot better then stock, i never got a chance to try the PIAA new extreme white though.

ludexr 06-10-2006 11:59 PM

Piaa Xtreme force H4 & H11 (4700k) output closed to HID system. Install H7 in my CBR600RR nice & bright white. I'm getting piaa for my Fit. will post photo soon.

07TaffetaFit 06-11-2006 12:21 AM

I have the Polarg bulbs, and honestly, it doesnt look that different from HIDs.

Tomh 06-11-2006 01:40 AM

trust me, once you get or see HID's on a FIt, you'll see a big ass difference them and standard bulbs, that claim to be close to HID.