Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   retrofit idea (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/48906-retrofit-idea.html)

jnesselroad 09-28-2009 10:26 AM

retrofit idea

2 Attachment(s)
i'm thinkin about modding my headlights finally. i've been waiting so that i can do the entire project at once, but all of the sudden last night i had this idea. can anyone tell me if i'm stupid crazy or if it actually might work?

the idea is to move the blinker up to the bulge running light spot (i will have the wink lights on my mirrors as well, so i'm not worried about people seeing my blinkers) by adapting some of the wiring, then replacing that position with a high-beam only projector. then i'll put a low-beam only projector into the stock lo/hi spot. here's a pic labeled...

stock
Attachment 54965

modded
Attachment 54966

so, am i crazy? or could this work?

accordguyintake 09-28-2009 12:12 PM

it could work, but if you're planning on running HIDs you prolly wont be able to run HID high beams, unless you dont plan on flashing people. Be the first to do it :D

jnesselroad 09-28-2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 754790)
it could work, but if you're planning on running HIDs you prolly wont be able to run HID high beams, unless you dont plan on flashing people. Be the first to do it :D

i'd probably stick with halogen high-beams. but i don't flash people anyhow, except when they flash me right now cause i have a crappy pnp hid kit. http://www.dogmall.co.uk/smile/mad/mad0228.gif

accordguyintake 09-28-2009 01:11 PM

lol are they aimed too high? i have one too and at first wen i put em on, my beams were hitting the trees! just go through a dark alley or something and see how high they go, bringing it down could help a bunch :)

FITMugen 09-28-2009 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have HID on mine. It maintaines both Hi/Lo and DRL. it is PnP kit.

Attachment 54948

There is an after market for 2009-10 Honda Fit headlights. It separate headlight into 2 beams, Hi/9005 and Lo/9006. Low beam is a projector. So what you have to do is to swap the blinkers with parking light. Use LED as High beam.

jnesselroad 09-28-2009 08:09 PM

My pnp maintains hi and lo, that's not the problem. I was just thinkin it might look cool with a double projector set-up, but I found a good deal on bi-xenon so I migt just go that way and leave the blinker alone. Switch out the bulb with a silverstar though to get rid f the yellow colored bulb.

MNfit 09-28-2009 09:18 PM

FitMugen, goddamn what is the light rating of your HIDs there realy blue.

jnesselroad 09-28-2009 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks like 10k, here's mine at 8k.
Attachment 54946

FITmugen, you have hid fogs too?

FITMugen 09-28-2009 09:27 PM

6000k hid

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MNfit (Post 755133)
FitMugen, goddamn what is the light rating of your HIDs there realy blue.

6000K HID both headlights and fog lights.

Attachment 54945

jurassicJAM 01-06-2011 06:03 AM

i actually did something like this, i'll try to get a picture up asap

danger69 01-06-2011 01:51 PM

The main problem I see is fitting a projector for the Hi beam. Wiring will be your next big hurdle. I want to put the blinker on the DRL. And to do that is either use an LED kit or require another bulb socket to make it work.

gd3vbp 01-06-2011 01:57 PM

I like the idea, but the issue I would see having a dedicated HID high beam is 1) they have to warm up everytime you turn them on (not a huge issue with an oem bulb/harness setup, but most aftermarket kits take a bit) and 2) I don't see there being enough room to mount a projector in that space, its pretty snug looking right there.

I do like the idea of moving the signal up to the running light socket. I think you should reverse the running light and turn signal so you have a amber running light in that corner of the housing.

jurassicJAM 01-17-2011 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's how my lighting is set up. low beam/high beam where they are together with the HID's, then swapped the blinkers and idle parking lights. so my blinkers are now my idles and my idles in the corner are my blinkers.

i'm also running hid fogs, just didnt turn them onn..

pretty much what fit mugen said, using LED amber bulbs for my blinker light on the inside that is now my idle. Used to run nokya yellow mini halogens, but didnt like the look because the yellow didnt match with my fog lights so amber looked better imo.

Attachment 39390