Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Headlight Adjustment (its a must!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by ilovesti
what is a NA Fit or non NA fit? i dont get it, what is the difference between them
NA = North America, so the NA Fit is model that Honda make for the North American Market (it is called the Jazz in most other parts of the world).

Same body but different engines and gearboxes. Also other changes such as trim, gadgets, etc. The Jazz in Europe comes with electric headlight adjustment, so the vertical alignment of the headlights can be adjusted whilst driving. As another poster has said that is a legal requirement in Europe.

We also have toys like electric folding mirrors and height adjustable front driver's seat, that you don't appear to have, but we don't have cruise (the one thing my wife misses on her Jazz), which you do have.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for this post! I will have to do this to my fit asap!

About the left to right adjustment... this kinda sux... I know my 80s cars have both vertical and horizontal adjusters... there's gotta be a way

Old 01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
mine are already too high. ill drive behind my friends and theyll complain and say that my brights are on when theyre not. i guess when i buy HIDs ill need to adjust them lower

Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
dude! it sucks for changing out the blubs!! i bought a set of PIAA hyper white bulbs and its a lot of WORK!!

I had to take off the bumper, take off headlight... to get access to the light bulbs.... could had got it under the fender liner, but i didn't have a jack lift or stand to help lift a car a little bit higher so i have more room to move around..... so, took off the bumper....

just reminds me of them 96-00 civic, because they use similar bulbs.... its a PAIN!!

i adjusted them, wanted a lil bit high, but it was too high.... good thing before i adjusted it i marked it on a wall and and reference back to the original hight....

would be a lot easier if there are rooms for our hands to fit and unplugg and plug them up!!

Old 01-27-2007, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
You just had to turn the wheel all the way to one side and you could get to the bulb by the fender.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smeister
You just had to turn the wheel all the way to
one side and you could get to the bulb by the fender.
tried that..., it was raining and the car was in the garage. i didn't have enough room to move around and even if i turn the wheel all the way... i needed to take off the fender liner to get access to them...

but with limited tools... i decided to do it the hard way and take the whole thing off...

Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
i think i need mine adjusted..

Headlights in my fit works "fine" till i dive it on hill side...

as the car goes down so does the HL and the cut off line just decrease "big time" causing a very dangerous situation..(esp on hill & coner).

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by corey415
It would be a great feature if the US Fits had manual electronic headlight adjustment; but American drivers are too self engrossed to care whether or not they are blinding other drivers.

It's pretty bad here as it is; you have seniors driving around with their high beams on the freeway and lifted SUVs and trucks with headlights that totally blind you.
Federal law requires all HID/Xenonlights to be self leveling, self adjusting. Was fun watching them pop up when you would turn the lights on. Too bad they don't MANDATE HID/Xenons on all cars...

Last edited by DrDiff; 03-13-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Adjust Headlights

Just Got My New Sport 1 Week Ago. I Work Nights, Lights Seem To Be Aimed A Little Low. How Do You Adjust Them?? Thanks Gundad122

Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, Norridge, I used to live not too far from there in Elmwood Park. Welcome to FitFreak!

Check these out:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...adlight+adjust

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...adlight+adjust

Old 06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
head light adjust

does any one has head light adjusting nut's pix? i try on mine about half hour.... still don't know which one.... please help?

Old 06-15-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Its grey

hey its the grey screw. It look like in 1 1/2 in Diameter and its a 1/4 nut.
You proberly need to take out a black panel around the light.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
wat he said ^^^^ turn it clockwise to raise them up, its the only one really behind the light. gl

Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Adjusted low beams - now high beams are a problem

Thanks for the great info on fixing those nauseating low beams. Have had my sport FiT for 2 weeks and did the fix with no problems. Simply told my husband to get me a #2 Phillips and stand back.

The black line has moved far enough up that it is less or a problem BUT my highbeams are useless. Must be pointed to the sky because they do not light up the road. Kind of looks like someone shining a dim flashlight ahead of my path. Very poor. Can't use them.

Any suggestions? After setting the lowbeams 5 full rotations up, I had been thinking about turning them up a bit more as no one has flashed me and the black line is still in my field of vision. Now that I cannot use my high beams, I don't know what to do.

I live in a rural area and like to see ahead. Missed a fox tonight but not by much!
tHanks

Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Lightbulb Highbeams are useless once lowbeams are reset.

I had the black nauseating line with my lowbeams on and couldn't see a street sign even if I was directly in front of it.

After reading all the information on the site regarding setting the lowbeams properly, I made the suggested adjustments (I went 5 full rotations to get them high enough). I can now see much better and while the black line is still there, it is much higher.

However, my highbeams are useless as they miss the road completely. It is like turning my lights off! I live in a rural area and need to see far ahead especially for wildlife. Mine are aimed for the tree tops now!

I don't want to lower them as that will bring the black line back down and bring back the original low beam problem. Backing off even a bit is not an option or it really would impair my lowbeams. (reducing the distance lit)

I don't see anything in a search regarding anyone else having this issue after adjusting their lights.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
wow this is great
i installed hid on my fit,
turns out the low beam was way too high, and high beam was in the air. so following ur guides i was able to make it normal again,
thanks!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 AM
i cant figure out how to raise the driverside

is it hiding somewhere in that black panel where the stock intake box is connecting?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
headlight adjust

It Is In The Same Place As The Passenger Side. You Must Remove The Black Plastic Cover To Get At It. Larry

Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lilcat
does any one has head light adjusting nut's pix? i try on mine about half hour.... still don't know which one.... please help?
If your refering to the nut and location see page 3 on this thread.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LB3DR
dude! it sucks for changing out the blubs!! i bought a set of PIAA hyper white bulbs and its a lot of WORK!!

I had to take off the bumper, take off headlight... to get access to the light bulbs.... could had got it under the fender liner, but i didn't have a jack lift or stand to help lift a car a little bit higher so i have more room to move around..... so, took off the bumper....

just reminds me of them 96-00 civic, because they use similar bulbs.... its a PAIN!!

i adjusted them, wanted a lil bit high, but it was too high.... good thing before i adjusted it i marked it on a wall and and reference back to the original hight....

would be a lot easier if there are rooms for our hands to fit and unplugg and plug them up!!
1996-2000 Honda Civic Headlights are a breeze to uninstall/reinstall, and it honestly shouldn't take more then 10 minutes total from start to finish.

As someone already mentioned however, if you went through the fender liner with the 2007+ Honda Fit it makes your life significantly easier, as I was able to do my PIAA GT-X in about 15 minutes, and the only tool required was a Phillips screw driver.

So is it a consensus that the headlights are aimed incorrectly from the factory for the 2007+ Honda Fits?

Quick Reply: Headlight Adjustment (its a must!!!!)