Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/5845-independent-fog-light-first-post-has-answer.html)

dougiepants 06-05-2006 02:36 PM

Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/114502-post173.html

Thanks leonine

wyy183 06-05-2006 02:52 PM

I'm going to do something similiar to this. I'm going to set mine up so that the fogs will come on when I turn on the parking lights. This will also enable them to be used with high-beam.

I'll have to check the circuitry on this. It didn't look too difficult, in the schematics; however, when I actually go looking for the wires it might be a different story!!

dougiepants 06-05-2006 03:13 PM

Well I would like to run the fog lights all the time even if all of the lights are off, using just parking, on, & even with the brights.

sLiVeRwOrM 06-05-2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by dougiepants
Well I would like to run the fog lights all the time even if all of the lights are off, using just parking, on, & even with the brights.

I want to do the same but dont want to mess with wires i dont know wtf is doing.

dougiepants 06-05-2006 04:15 PM

once we can figure it out it will be easy

b17gsr 06-05-2006 04:23 PM

As soon as I get my service manual, I'll let you know. Unless someone else beats me to it.

dougiepants 06-05-2006 05:06 PM

Thanks. I would like to get my hands on it but I won't be able to for a week or so...

wyy183 06-06-2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by dougiepants

All you're looking to do here is to trigger the relay from a power source. Right now, from the factory, it is set for the low beams to trigger the relay. For what you are wanting to do, you could trigger the relay from the accessory socket (or some such,) so that they will automatically go off when you turn your key off (wouldn't want to forget!!!)

I may install a switch so that I can toggle whether I want mine on "normally" or as I described, using the parking lights as a trigger.

dougiepants 06-06-2006 03:40 PM

I'm still wanting to use the oem one... I just need to see the manual

Edwood 06-08-2006 12:10 AM

I thought you could turn on the Fog lights with only the running lights on at least. I guess I haven't tried that one yet, I'll have to see for myself.

JDMGD3 06-08-2006 12:15 AM

I havent played around with the Fog lights alot but I think you can only activate them with the low beams on or higher, higher being the high beams but they cant be activated with only the parking lights on.

b17gsr 06-08-2006 01:01 AM

It's just a question of rewiring the switch. I've done it in many Integras over the years. I wire them to work with the parking lights. On the 90-93 Integras, it takes about 5-10 minutes to rewire it.

dougiepants 06-08-2006 11:41 AM

I'm wanting to rewire so I can use anytime I would like. As in running just fog lights and nothing else...

jdmparts@gmail.com 06-09-2006 04:07 PM

I too want an independent fog light.

I'm thinking to do this, the fog lights would need an independent power source and switch. The factory fog lights probably only get power when the headlights are on and power is cut to it when high beams are on, which would also explain why parking lights do not power them on.

I would want to mount a switch either next to the power mirror adjustment (where the JDM coin holder would go) or in the small convience pocket on the driver side dash that's under the mirror switch.

wyy183 06-09-2006 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jdmparts@gmail.com
I too want an independent fog light.

I'm thinking to do this, the fog lights would need an independent power source and switch. The factory fog lights probably only get power when the headlights are on and power is cut to it when high beams are on, which would also explain why parking lights do not power them on.

I would want to mount a switch either next to the power mirror adjustment (where the JDM coin holder would go) or in the small convience pocket on the driver side dash that's under the mirror switch.

When you purchase the fog light kit for the base model, it comes with a fog light switch that mounts next to the mirror controls.

You can go to your local Honda dealer and have them order that switch for you.

The switch, IMO, is not the big concern, there is a relay that is getting its trigger voltage from the low-beam circuit. You could tap into something light the accessory outlet (lighter) with the other switch and tap into the feed line for the trigger on the relay using quick-connect splice adapters.

Just my $0.02

sLiVeRwOrM 06-09-2006 05:27 PM

wow.. mabye somebody could try that with the switch and stufft then do a DIY..!

dougiepants 06-09-2006 05:30 PM

I'm wanting to use the OEM Sports model switch. It is just a relay that supplies or kills power to the fog lights until the normal headlights are on.

dougiepants 06-09-2006 05:31 PM

That is why I posted this for interest... lol...

b17gsr 06-09-2006 11:46 PM

Here's hoping they didn't hard wire the Fog light switch to the low beam signal in the light stalk.

dougiepants 06-10-2006 12:44 PM

Well I was thiking it might be possible to cut the wire that runs to the OEM fog light switch. Then run it to the fog lights and a power source to activate them...