Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   HID Question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/58642-hid-question.html)

noshatch 08-31-2010 11:26 PM

HID Question

Does the daytime running lights interfere with the HID's. I am about to put some in and I was thinking that they were going to interfere and cause something erratic.

90crxfreak 09-01-2010 12:25 AM

please dont get a "kit" they suck and make my eyes hurt

and no... if it is a good ballast it will turn the drl's off.... if not full fuse #15

noshatch 09-01-2010 06:53 AM

What do you mean by kit? I already have ballasts and bulbs from my truck that I traded in for the fit. All I am getting is the h4 bulbs since the one that I have is 9006

SoUnFit 09-01-2010 02:21 PM

a kit is throwing hid bulbs (and ballast) into a halogen housing. sometimes you get lucky and the beam and cut off are decent, most the time you get lots of glare that shoots light into everyone elses eyes blinding oncoming traffic and may even make your visibility worse than what you started out with.

the correct way is a projector retrofit. as always, doing it right takes more time and effort but is worth it.

noshatch 09-01-2010 10:00 PM

Look I have never done projectors in any of my cars and they all have H.I.D's. The question that I had was were they going to interfere with the DRL's but I found that out tonight. I put a set of hid hi/lo in and I have the cutoff and everything. I am not trying to mod the hell out of this car. Its my daily and I have my race car and play car to do that with

90crxfreak 09-01-2010 11:14 PM

my car is a daily too.... your point? i'm spending more money to be courteous to other drivers.

j5ive 09-02-2010 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by noshatch (Post 904951)
Does the daytime running lights interfere with the HID's. I am about to put some in and I was thinking that they were going to interfere and cause something erratic.

Yes. DRL will interfere with you HID kit. But it's easy to disable simply by pulling a fuse. If you have a GD like me, I've got the instructions here on my blog. In fact, I've got a DIY on installing an HID kit here as well.

noshatch 09-02-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 90crxfreak (Post 905419)
my car is a daily too.... your point? i'm spending more money to be courteous to other drivers.

I am good with that. You dont live in florida and no one is courteous to anyone here. Trust me they hid's are not as bright as what I had in my rearview mirror last night. The asshole behind me had his headlights pointing up instead of toward the street

90crxfreak 09-02-2010 07:40 PM

you want to talk about annoying people? I live in a town with a hispanic population... I'm white and I'm the minority... and no, its not a joke. And every other Puerto Rican wants to out do their neighbor.

My town is known as Little Rico... lol

I'm lucky if the other person has 1 brake light working. I cannot move out because i do not make enough money in NJ... (NJ is a death trap... dont move there) Most of these driver A. Do not have a license and B. If no license you think they have insurance? LMAO

{{sorry for racist rant, but some "people" need to open up their eyes and see where they live.}}

SoUnFit 09-02-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by noshatch (Post 905758)
I am good with that. You dont live in florida and no one is courteous to anyone here. Trust me they hid's are not as bright as what I had in my rearview mirror last night. The asshole behind me had his headlights pointing up instead of toward the street

The question I was replying to was "what do you mean by kit?"
It's courtesy and safety too, imagine if that asshat behind you was coming toward you and that's all you could see, that's creating risk for wreck. Very distracting esp those in SUVs and Trucks with HID kits, headlights are closer to eye level for those in cars + throwing glare all over, I do wish cops would ticket the hell out of those people. Knowing you're in the wrong and blinding other ppl and still doing it anyway is just plain irresponsible. If your housing doesn't throw up too much glare, more power to you, but it's still not done properly. Not lecturing, just giving you a heads up.

90crxfreak 09-02-2010 11:30 PM

HID XENON CONVERSION KIT H1 H3 H4 H7 H10 9005 9006 9007: eBay Motors (item 250682953034 end time Sep-14-10 01:40:05 PDT)this is an HID kit