Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Euro Headlight Adjusters (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/59512-euro-headlight-adjusters.html)

Jonny_405 10-01-2010 10:10 AM

Euro Headlight Adjusters

Greetings.
So I about a month ago I installed my newly retrofitted Fx35 bi-xenon projector headlamps from HID Illusionz. The lights are very nice and bright. With that in mind though i hate to irritate other drivers and be a safety hazard so I find if the beam does stray up too far it is very blinding.
Now the problem I have is with getting them aimed properly under different conditions. I live on the praries around Edmonton, AB and so while it is just me in the car most of the time driving on flat ground I found a good setting and everything was good, wasn't blinding anyone and able to see pretty good with the low beams.

Now I am on a road trip at the moment and am driving around Newfoundland. Many short steep hills and such here so I found with passengers in the back and my normal settings for Alberta driving I am blinding other drivers here constantly, so I went out one night and adjusted my lights down a bit which work ok in driving around town but out on the highway my visibility now is very poor only being able to see less than 50 ft out in front.(not much reaction time to avoid a moose :( )

So I got thinking about these electric headlight adjusters like are on the Jazz in the UK. Would it be possible to install this system in a NA - Fit?
I tried googling on how to do this but couldn't find a single thing about doing this to a car that doesn't already have the option. I wouldn't mind even picking up the parts from the uk and trying to retrofit this myself provided there isn't too much drilling or cutting involved to make it worthwhile. Afaik the spot for the switch/dial is already in the dash next to the side mirror switch. Just need to install the motors on the lights and wire things up I would assume.
That way I could see being able to lower my lights when around town and then being able to turn the dial and raise them for better highway visibility, or raise and lower them when carrying a load, etc. It would sure be a nice option versus having to stop and get out and adjust them manually all the time.
Any thoughts?
Or possibly anyone from the UK know where I could get these parts?( I couldn't find any place online to get factory parts for the jazz, even ebay was pretty scarce for parts).
Thanks for your input.
Jonny B

Scala 10-01-2010 12:14 PM

Awesome post, I was actually wondering the same thing if anyone knows where to get auto adjusting headlights.

FITMugen 10-01-2010 10:05 PM

I can supply electrical circuit if you have parts.

doryon 10-02-2010 03:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I've doing some research about this too. I did a FXR retro as well and I'd love to control my headlight's height.

So far I have this part #:

2002 Honda Jazz

33130-S5A-G01 ADJUSTER UNIT, HEADLIGHT

35820-SAA-G01ZA SWITCH ASSY., HEADLIGHT ADJUST *NH167L
or
35820-SAA-G11ZA SWITCH ASSY., HEADLIGHT ADJUST *NH167L

2005 Honda Jazz

35820-SAA-G21ZA SWITCH ASSY., HEADLIGHT ADJUST *NH167L

33130-SJK-J01 ADJUSTER UNIT, HEADLIGHT

The switch should be compatible with other Honda models, I presume. Don't know about the 'regulator' on the headlight.

Anyone else?