Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   how to change license plate blub (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/6379-how-change-license-plate-blub.html)

sy11580 06-22-2006 03:22 PM

how to change license plate blub

does any one know how to change the License Plate blub? I have no idea how to remove the plastic cover to change the blub!! I have one of the blub burn out!!!

Wave 06-23-2006 05:26 PM

you figure it out yet?

uiskibum 06-23-2006 06:54 PM

I would reccoment getting the downloadable repair manual if you don't plan on ordering one from Helms. For the time being I put this together from the downloadable manual.

changeLight.pdf

Cheers!

gimme 06-23-2006 07:37 PM

check access through the rear hatch.

sy11580 06-24-2006 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wave
you figure it out yet?

No WAVE!!! I try to put, move it to right, move it to left still don't work!! the Plastic wrote down the arrow and it say"REMOVE" but really don't know how to hell move that crap!!!

sy11580 06-24-2006 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by uiskibum
I would reccoment getting the downloadable repair manual if you don't plan on ordering one from Helms. For the time being I put this together from the downloadable manual.

changeLight.pdf

Cheers!

Thanl for your like that may too much work to do

Hasafraker 06-26-2006 08:28 PM

Thanks that's handy, I was thinking about putting red bulbs in there, but OMG you'd think the designers said "well... We've got 10 pallets of these little fasteners, the boss said use'm all up! I'm pretty sure we can use 30 of these things in the hatch!" I spose you could look at it like "it's damn sure not gonna come off accidentally" ;)

Wave 07-02-2006 08:57 AM

I changed my license plate bulbs to LED's from www.superbrightleds.com

Hey anyone know where I can replacement clips? It would be the (2) clips that are listed as part B in the PDF link above. I broke them trying to get the cover off!

sy11580 07-02-2006 01:51 PM

Can u tell me?

Hey anyone know where I can replacement clips? It would be the (2) clips that are listed as part B in the PDF link above. I broke them trying to get the cover off!

Wave you changed it? How did u do that? tell me tell me!!!

Wave 07-02-2006 01:53 PM

click on the link below and follow the directions!

Originally Posted by uiskibum

changeLight.pdf

Cheers!

uiskibum 07-04-2006 09:30 AM

you should be able to get those from Honda if they are just those ever annoying snap clips. Take the pieces into a parts counter and see what they can come up with.

clk1022 07-22-2006 05:53 AM

How do I remove the (10) chips in part C after remove the 2 clips in part B? I dont see any chips there. please help. thanks.

clk1022 07-22-2006 02:21 PM

Got it~~Thanks for the info. it's very helpful!

alclssus2020 09-14-2006 09:01 PM

License Plate bulb replacement?

http://cgi.ebay.com/161-168-194-2825...QQcmdZViewItem

I need to replace rear license plate bulb with LED bulbs. On the service manual, the bulb # is 168. Would this fit?

koolkevin1107 09-15-2006 02:50 AM

yeah a 168 bulb is the same as a 194 bulb. The 194 is more commonly used and is known as a wedge bulb. That guy is sellin em waaaay too expensive. I buy all my bulbs from www.autolumination.com and i have never had a problem with them. Those led's will fit but its really not necessary and it won't give you more light then what you have b/c led's focus the beam in one direction and the rear hatch bulbs are facing towards the back, not down towards the licence plate. Just get some 194 hyper whites and u'll b set. That's what i did. =]

LiL Wee FIT 10-28-2006 05:16 PM

Help with license plate bulbs replacement!

I am trying to replace the license plate bulbs, and it is a PAIN IN THE Arse!! I downloaded the Fit manual here, and it said to take apart the trunk trim panel to get to the bulbs. But there are like 10+ clips holding that stupid panel together! I tried to pry that panel open, but I was only sucessful in getting 2 of the clips on one of the sides.

I also tried to CAREFULLY pry the bulb cover from the outside, but had no luck.

Anyone tried to replace the license plate bulbs? How did you go about doing so?

-Sherman

vividjazz 10-28-2006 08:50 PM

Don't know wether our Honda Jazzes and those sold in the rest of Asia including Japan are enormously different but our 2 bulb holders just slide out to one side without taking apart anything. Then the bulb just clips in and the cover slides / clips back into place. The covers can be a bit stiff to move the 1st time.

The illustrated instructions are in the manual in our gloveboxes that came with the car. Easier than changing the headlight bulbs or even the parkers.

LiL Wee FIT 10-29-2006 01:08 AM

Oh man.. thank you soo much vividjazz!

You were right! I don't have to use any tools at all! Just push the bulb covers towards the right side / passenger side (NA cars) and they'll come loose! Felt soo stupid after spending hours and hours trying to change it... Haha!

I was planning to put LED bulbs in.. but they were too big, so I just went with hyper white bulbs. In the meantime.. I'll wait for someone to come out with some super duper bright LEDs, while keeping them the same size.

Thank again!
Sherman

vividjazz 10-29-2006 06:26 AM

You might want to check out what these guys have
http://www.ledshoponline.com/automotive_leds.htm

Polarg B1 Hybrid made in Japan have LEDs which you can use for the number plate lights and parkers. I'm sure there are heaps of Polarg stockists in NA.
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f...0130_small.jpg

Ings-net 12-15-2006 07:36 AM

sorry, i don't understand wat is 168 and 194, is that call m4/t10?