Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Fog Light Bulb or Film? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/72344-fog-light-bulb-film.html)

EFitREI 06-04-2012 02:05 AM

Fog Light Bulb or Film?

Sorry new to this Fog Light situation. Should i get Yellow bulbs for the fogs? or just put yellow film over it? If i do bulbs, would it be HIDs? Or what kind? If i do film, where can i get it? or do i do both? Thanks! Sorry I'm a newb

bugzlyff 06-04-2012 10:29 AM

if you need more light, go for HID 3000K. if not, just paint your fog light glass with amber yellow

alanchan 07-10-2012 12:29 PM

I got both
yellow color bulb and the yellow film
feels the same way, nothing special
kind of bore with it now
good luck

AC7880 07-10-2012 02:55 PM

Headlight armor film. Google them

reyangelo 10-05-2012 12:56 AM

Both if possible

I would do both if you can, mainly because the film looks sweet in the daytime. I just installed PIAA Yellow Fog Lights, pic below shows output. I will next be purchasing film to make sure I get the same effect when they are off. Also, FYI - dont paint the bulb. I tried it (dont ask why :rotfl:) just for kicks, it lasted one day and burnt the paint. Hopefully I can get the film on before cold weather kicks in. :popc:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=6825

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=6824

Subie 10-05-2012 01:31 AM

The film is supposed to give some semblance of protection for the lens against road debris. Doing both would be a bit redundant unless you don't care about the cost. The functionality of the fog lights is really a stretch anyway. But to get the most out of the little-added function, yellow/amber would be best for fog/rain/snow. Just my take.

krunk13 10-05-2012 01:45 AM

Doing both isn't redundant. With just the film you get a washed out yellow ish white beam. Just get both so you wont have to replace your fogs down the line after a rock take em out.

Subie 10-05-2012 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by krunk13 (Post 1136739)
Doing both isn't redundant. With just the film you get a washed out yellow ish white beam. Just get both so you wont have to replace your fogs down the line after a rock take em out.

My reference to redundant was this - "The functionality of the fog lights is really a stretch anyway."

They really don't do muchto be categorizedas "real fog lights."Just my take...

HeadlightArmor 10-13-2012 12:20 PM

Your choice really, you can change the bulbs to yellow ones. Most do run even hotter than the stock bulbs (not good), but will produce a more yellow light. If you are trying to turn the fogs into secondary low beams, no that is not going to work. The fog lights really only add light from the bumper to where the low beams begin. Factory fog lights are in reality more about decoration than true function…

That said, we do have fog light protection kits in GT Yellow and Clear. We have had a number of customers like the yellow look during the day, though they do not use the lights very often. Some want the clear look during the day, but yellow fogs when it is foggy. For them the clear protection kit with a yellow bulb is the right choice. Just be careful of higher watt bulbs. High watt bulbs add more additional heat than additional light, not good given how hot Honda lights tend to run in the first place.

Hope that helps

reyangelo 10-14-2012 11:05 PM

FogLight feedback since installed

Since I last installed these PIAA Fog Lights, I have tested them on the road. I tested these a couple late nights and early dark mornings where there is little outdoor lighting in the area on the road. Without the foglights on I will get by, no biggie - dont think it mattered much (at least personal experience) when I had the stock ones on. With the PIAA FogLights, I have realized I get an extra 10-20% viewable coverage area including on the right and left hand lower side of the road. To me, think this helps and provides more coverage - not much more but noticeable enough to me. Again, I am not an expert lighting person - this is my personal experience. :vtec:

I may not place the yellow film though, again - dont want to affect the coverage area I have now. Would look nice but now Im considering it unless I can confirm this will not affect it.

sonicbob82 11-28-2012 10:47 PM

wow i like that yellow a lot! i did the same thing on an RSX that i used to own, but haven't seen it on a Fit yet. I'm liking it!!!

Black3sr 11-29-2012 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have film on mine

Attachment 22051

Wafulz 11-29-2012 11:54 AM

i got bulbs im not a fan of the yellow sticker but there ok i guess

okey0 01-22-2013 09:14 PM

Has anyone modded an H9 bulb and used it in the foglight slot instead of an H11? It looks like all you have to do is trim one of the little tabs off the H9 bulb so the socket will fit in it. Since the H9 is a headlight bulb, it really ups the lumens. Just wondered if anyone has tried and had any issues.