Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Noob question: interior LED lights and color choices

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Noob question: interior LED lights and color choices

I see several options for replacement LED lights. I have a brand new Vortex Blue Sport, so I was thinking the blue dome light would be cool.

I'm not a tuner or anything. heck, I'm not even young! It just seems like it would be fun.

But... how practical are they? Does anyone "mix and match" colors? Like, for example, a blue dome light for when you're getting in the car, but the bright white map lights if you're trying to find something that fell behind the seats?

Or is that just too dorky?

Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
I had a blue dome light for a while. It wasn't very bright but had kind of a blacklight ish effect that I thought was pretty neat not as helpful for finding stuff in the dark.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
I replaced the dome light and the cargo light with blue LED's. I left the map reading lights white.

I also replaced the cup holder light to blue. But I had a real hard time finding a 1.2a 14v light for that application. ( I found one at a tuner shop in Toronto at the Pacific Mall)

Now when I open the car door at night it has a nice blue glow that matches my interior (2012 Sport Fit black) beautifully.

When I get tired of it I will try red. ( I have ordered Honda red emblems for the front and rear and one for the steering wheel as well as RS badges for the front and back) So a red theme might complement that!

If I need some lights for real, well I have my two map lights in bright white.

a good compromise me thinks!

oh and PS I'm not young anymore either. But I am having a little fun with this car! Like I told my wife...it coulda been a Corvette! hahahahaha.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 06-22-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
oh and PS I'm not young anymore either. But I am having a little fun with this car! Like I told my wife...it coulda been a Corvette! hahahahaha.
Good to hear I'm not the only one! I might be having a mid-life crisis, but I still need to be practical.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Where did you get those blue LED's for the dome and cargo, or how about a part number?

I've got that midlife thing going on too.

Thanks

Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by running
Where did you get those blue LED's for the dome and cargo, or how about a part number?

I've got that midlife thing going on too.

Thanks
Here you go:

One for the dome and one for the cargo area. Fits nice. Looks good not too bright.
31MM ERROR FREE FESTOON BLUE LICENSE PLATE 2-LED BULBS | eBay

Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, I checked the link and it mentions license plate lights. Dome and cargo the same part number? I'm just to lazy tonight to check.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by running
Thanks, I checked the link and it mentions license plate lights. Dome and cargo the same part number? I'm just to lazy tonight to check.
They fit. They are the same as the liscence plate lights.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks again.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I decided that for the time being that I would go with bright white. I can always play with blue bulbs down the road.

Anyway, I ordered a set from iJDMToy.com. They sell drop in kits, as well as individual bulbs. I went for the 3 Lights Wide Angle Shine Deluxe SMD LED Interior/Complete Package.

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Bulbs, HID Headlights and Accessories

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM
LCF
I have the vortex blue fit as well, and I have replaced all the interior lights with blue LEDs. It looks SHARP... Love it.
I have blue LEDs in: Map, dome, license plate, cargo trunk, and am in the process of figuring out how to replace the one that lights up the cup holder. That is a bit tricky.

I'll agree that the blue isn't really bright enough for the map lights, but I'm stubborn and I like the way the interior looks, lol..

Also, you can just do a search on Ebay and you will come up with all sorts of results. They sell the LEDs in kits (that's how I bought the map/dome/license plate light combo).

If you want something easy and simple that looks really awesome, do the license plate lights. It's easy to change out and is a very cool effect at night while driving.

Good luck!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
I usually buy my leds from v-leds.com. There bulbs are really good! Never have I been unsatisfied w/ there stuff. If you wanna see a bulb size chart of your car, you can go to modifiedlife.com