Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

wheres the turn signal flasher?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows where the turn signal flasher is AND a wiring diagram of which pins do what. I'm wanted to change ALL bulbs to LED and i've got a flasher from a 4Runner and i'm curious if it works. Thanks!!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/87238-post9.html

Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Any pics of them working??
That would have to be a video clip wouldn't it? I could take one with my phone but I don't really see the point. They flash normally.

Or are you wondering how bright the HID LED's are? They are good and bright. Now the have HID Refractive LED's which would be even better. I may change to them later.

Sorry for the long delay.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
such a long step for installing led signal bulbs. That even looks like if you were installing HIDs on the signal bulbs. Screw it, they only flash brighter, nothing my stock ones cant do well hehe. by the way i got clear bulbs in the front so no amber is reflected in the housing, but lights up orange as it should. Thats why i looked at leds,since i wanted to get rid of the amber relfection but got told about this hyperflashing thing and just changed my mind.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Why not just hook up the original bulb in parallel, painted black with high-temp paint or covered in opaque foil, and stuffed out of sight...

Old 06-13-2007, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, Honda made it a pain to go LED but that's what I wanted so I went for it. They should have made the flasher LED compatible if the were going to integrate it into the instrument cluster.

Last edited by 2hot6ft2; 06-14-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
What about aftermarket signal relays, there are some out there that should that correct for less resistance. I have never replaced a Honda relay, but I assume they are similar to other cars.

TMI LED TECHNOLOGY: EL98 Electronic Turn Signal Flasher with Audible Beeper 8- 14.5VDC

(I believe the audible beep is there to simulate the natural clicking of your stock flasher)

Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
What about aftermarket signal relays, there are some out there that should that correct for less resistance. I have never replaced a Honda relay, but I assume they are similar to other cars.

TMI LED TECHNOLOGY: EL98 Electronic Turn Signal Flasher with Audible Beeper 8- 14.5VDC

(I believe the audible beep is there to simulate the natural clicking of your stock flasher)
If it were only that simple. Did you miss this "They should have made the flasher LED compatible if the were going to integrate it into the instrument cluster.".

I refer again to the post showing where they put the flasher on the Fit here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/87238-post9.html.

If you are successful at replacing the Fits flasher with an LED compatible one please post a DIY as there are several including myself that would prefer just replacing the flasher.

Originally it was my intention to do just that when I began the hunt for the flasher. Even the Honda dealership had no idea where it was and could not find a replacement part # for it.

So I took the dash apart to find it.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, in my Toyota 4Runner, i had LED turn signals. As you know, LED's take less power than conventional light bulbs, therfore, my turn signals hyperflashed. All i needed to do was put a slow flasher inplace of the OEM flasher unit. (That or put a resistor of soome sort before the LED bulbs) Anyway, what i'm wondering is if anyone know where to get a slow flasher for the USDM 2007 Honda Fit Sport AT and/or, since the flasher unit is behind the gauge cluster, is it even interchangable?? I REALLY want to have all my exterior lights LED so i dont'have to worry about changing them. If you've tried to change your bulbs in the Fit/Jazz, you know how difficult they are. Any help would be awesome.

PS: I still have the slow flasher from my 4Runner so if i can use that one, even better.
Again I refer to this post showing the location of the flasher on the Fit here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/87238-post9.html

claymore please close this it has been covered enough times.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sorry, I was skimmed over that comment
lol, that is retarded.

Thanks for the link too, that looks like a small nightmare to get into there.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Sorry, I was skimmed over that comment
lol, that is retarded.

Thanks for the link too, that looks like a small nightmare to get into there.
Not a problem and you're welcome. Hope it helped you understand why the load stabilizers are the only way "I" was going to get the LED's to work right.

It really wasn't all that bad it just took a little while to figure out how it was put together the first time without screwing things up.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
so plugging in led's make the signal hyperflash,but will it damage anything?wires,fuses,etc

Old 07-01-2007, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jman245
so plugging in led's make the signal hyperflash,but will it damage anything?wires,fuses,etc
It wouldn't damage the wires or fuses since the LEDs draw so little power which is why they flash really fast. The only thing it might do is wear out the LEDs twice as fast since they would flash twice as much.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
i want to put led's for the marker lights thats on top of the headlight lights but not sure of which ones to get.i know that it's a 194 wedge bulb but the website has so many its confusing for me.194 Signal/Marker Bulbs</font>
if i use the first ones shown,smt tower,i wont burn or melt anything in there right?

Last edited by jman245; 07-03-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

i want to put led's for the marker lights thats on top of the headlight lights but not sure of which ones to get.i know that it's a 194 wedge bulb but the website has so many its confusing for me.194 Signal/Marker Bulbs</font>
if i use the first ones shown,smt tower,i wont burn or melt anything in there right?
No you won't burn or melt anything and you made the right choice on which one to use. The 194 SMT Tower will be plenty bright. I hadn't seen those before and I was waiting for someone to come out with some like that but I quit looking for a while. I have bought some from them before. Nice find.

The "Focus Lens" and "Inverted Lens" ones are not very bright. The "Inverted Lens" works good for the license plate lights though, nice light blue tint to the white ones.

The other ones that are bright would be the "194 Superstar Bulbs With Metal Heat Sink", "4- Star SMT", "194 Supernova Bulbs With Metal Heat Sink" and "194 Superstar Bulbs" but they are too directional to use for the marker lights.

The rest are standard LEDs and are not very bright so you wouldn't like them.

Let us know how they look when you get them installed.

Last edited by 2hot6ft2; 07-03-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: didn't make sense
Old 07-04-2007, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
^^^i think i will be ordering a pair then.THANKS

Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
^^^i think i will be ordering a pair then.THANKS
You're welcome, and let us know how you like them once they're installed.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
superbrightleds.com also has a wide variety of LEDs. I just put a pair of their WLED-W4 white wedge (194) LEDs in the "eyebrow" sockets over the headlights, and the WLED-R6 red LEDs in the upper taillight housings. I'll be ordering some for the backup lights at least, but maybe not for the turn signals after reading this thread.

I'm tempted to trace some wires, though. The unit in the instrument cluster seems awfully small to be able to switch and dissipate heat for the turn signals. Most of the flasher units on my previous cars (primarily older GMs) were about the size of my thumbs put together. I wonder if there is another relay controlled by the unit in the cluster. Does anybody have a FSM with wiring diagrams for the signals?

Another reason to use LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs is heat, especially for lights that are on most of the time, like tail lights. My previous car got hot enough inside the housing to melt the plastic.

--Barry

P.S. I'm not affiliated with superbrightleds other than as a satisfied customer. I bought their B8.5D LEDs to replace all the instrument cluster lights in my Saturn L300 (blue LEDs) and in my sis-in-law's (white LEDs). I also went for the 3rd brake light conversion.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck. I have the helms manual. It is where it is.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Blitz

Blitz make some the website is i-Burner Spark Lights [14565] - $248.00 : Blitz, Power Site
I havent had a chance to try them been wanting someone else to try them first but I might just get them and try them out first

Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone just put an LED 7440 bulb in the 3rd brake light? I am debating picking one up and putting it in there to see how it would look. Its iffy how it would look since that bulb goes in sideways to the housing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheres the turn signal flasher?