Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   HID Ballast Bulb Connectors (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/81251-hid-ballast-bulb-connectors.html)

madtodaimax 02-06-2014 08:30 PM

HID Ballast Bulb Connectors

So I retrofitted with the morimoto mini D2s kit. I just got a set of OEM fog lights to install along with a set of 55w HIDs for that. Could i potentially switch the connection to the bulb from my 35w morimoto set for my headlights to the 55w ballast i just received for my fog lights?

gym 02-14-2014 12:15 PM

Yes most ballast use a 9006 for power. And please do!! 55w let alone 35 hid in a halogen reflector is a glaring disaster... If your heart is set on hid fogs (BTW HID has a worst CRI then halogen really bad for foul weather) you should get some ford fusions they are bad ass

13fit 02-14-2014 01:37 PM

match ballast to bulb. 35w bulb to 35w ballast.

My HIDs are BETTER in crappy weather then any halogen Ive ever tried, and Ive tried every single one from walmart and autozone in my car. Hands down, my 12k HID kit in my headlights has been better in everything

gym 02-15-2014 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
a 35 watt d2s bulb will take to a 55w ballast just fine... BTW your 12k hid kit is crap your halogen h4 bulb is better and will have more useful light in the right place. My retro with 4300k will beat up your PNP 12k... You guys are smart full of knowledge and have great builds with Hondata, k swaps, boost, hot rims and other great mods but when it comes to lighting this place is full of rice!!! To OP glad you did a retro!!!

road shot
Attachment 16100

Attachment 16101[/URL]

gym 02-15-2014 08:48 AM

And to help cure the plethora of bad information about lighting on this forum I will recommend Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply and HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum

13fit 02-15-2014 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by gym (Post 1223360)
a 35 watt d2s bulb will take to a 55w ballast just fine... BTW your 12k hid kit is crap your halogen h4 bulb is better and will have more useful light in the right place. My retro with 4300k will beat up your PNP 12k... You guys are smart full of knowledge and have great builds with Hondata, k swaps, boost, hot rims and other great mods but when it comes to lighting this place is full of rice!!! To OP glad you did a retro!!!

Rice? I did my lighting so I can see better at night and in bad conditions. My light pattern is much better then in your pictures, plus I have both good short range lighting and excellent long range lighting WITHOUT glaring at other drivers.

That is the benefit of getting HID bulbs that have proper shielding, and also making sure to adjust the headlgiht housing for best position.

As a driver who HATES headlight glare, be glad you do not drive around Fort Hood. All the kids out here that get back from deployment and buy random crap for their cars shit all over my retinas at night lol

gym 02-15-2014 02:26 PM

yes rice, 2 fast 2 furious glare china junk!! 12k in your oem H4 halogen headlight assembly = rice, your output would be in the HID FAIL thread over at hid planet ... You may think they don't glare they do, you may think they are better then my real retro, they are not they may be brighter because of glare and the fact the arc of the hid bulb is lighting the high beam portion of your reflector as well(doubt it at 12k) but the beam pattern is going to be garbage and all over the place... Everything about your car sounds great( based on your sig) I have similar mods and sounds like you have good taste, but everything about a hid bulb 4300k or 12k in honda oem h4 halogen reflector is wrong and it is hazardous to other drivers as negligent as street racing if not more!! I never would have been aware of a 51r battery swap with out fit freak as stated some great builds and a wealth of knowledge here but someone needs to man up on these lighting threads.. So to you 13 fit I suggest you read the links I posted and gain some knowledge maybe then you would have not wasted money on every crap silverstar piaa blue bulb at walmart for $40 + a 2 pack lol and i doubt you would have a crap $2.00 hid kit from china I know, I know it cost more then $2.00 but that is because you did not buy it from china directly :) To the OP I would love to see some output shots and I hope I could help

13fit 02-17-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by gym (Post 1223393)
yes rice, 2 fast 2 furious glare china junk!! 12k in your oem H4 halogen headlight assembly = rice, your output would be in the HID FAIL thread over at hid planet ... You may think they don't glare they do, you may think they are better then my real retro, they are not they may be brighter because of glare and the fact the arc of the hid bulb is lighting the high beam portion of your reflector as well(doubt it at 12k) but the beam pattern is going to be garbage and all over the place... Everything about your car sounds great( based on your sig) I have similar mods and sounds like you have good taste, but everything about a hid bulb 4300k or 12k in honda oem h4 halogen reflector is wrong and it is hazardous to other drivers as negligent as street racing if not more!! I never would have been aware of a 51r battery swap with out fit freak as stated some great builds and a wealth of knowledge here but someone needs to man up on these lighting threads.. So to you 13 fit I suggest you read the links I posted and gain some knowledge maybe then you would have not wasted money on every crap silverstar piaa blue bulb at walmart for $40 + a 2 pack lol and i doubt you would have a crap $2.00 hid kit from china I know, I know it cost more then $2.00 but that is because you did not buy it from china directly :) To the OP I would love to see some output shots and I hope I could help

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you are such a toolbag :wiggle:

if you hate HIDs so much, ignore all online posts about them. I have 5 soldiers under me who see me in traffic every single day and not one of them has complained. My HID bulbs are shielded. the shield is actually motorized just like some of the fancier OEM ones.

MY lights dont glare. MY lights are bright enough to drive back roads with. MY lights are brighter then any halogen outside of maybe some dumbass 120watt bulbs, which would melt my headlight housings right away

you are talking about cheapass HID kits without shields and probably the higher wattage ones. The ones that no matter which direction you see the HIDs they are damn near blinding you.

Mine are NOT these kind. so hush about them being rice.

gym 02-19-2014 12:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Now we are name calling lol , I love hid retrofits with hid projectors... Let me start :12k is rice, hid in a halogen reflector is rice, and this is the best the op asked a question so I answered it. I said (not verbatim) hid does not have a CRI (color rendering index) as good as halogen it is not the best choice for fogs or foul weather not to mention it glares, if your heart is set on hid fogs may i recommend ford fusion fogs. I did not bash him, I was not an hid elitist, lol the projector I recommended is halogen :) and is one of the rare cases of hid working rather well in a halogen projector. Valeo h7 and brand name Blazer (not ford) fogs are a few other. Then here you come Mr 12k with your mis information and typing in caps. Only three companies manufacture hid bulbs for OEM use. Osram Philips and GE oh and they don't make 12k many companies in china do maybe Korea if your lucky (beter QC)
this is a retro
Attachment 16039[/URL]
This is an OEM D3S projector
Attachment 16040
this is a oem D3S ballast d3s and d4s use less voltage
Attachment 16041
these are OEM Osram D3s Bulbs. They are mercury free as are d4s
Attachment 16042
Attachment 16043
Let me know when you need another lesson in lighting can we talk led builds next? I am sure I can help you figure out what heatsink will meet your thermal requirements or maybe we can calculate resistor values for your build? Toolbag? no, nerd yes!!!

13fit 02-19-2014 01:43 PM

I dont know why you are trying to "teach" me. I know about different lighting.

This HID system was $50, works, the 12K is to reduce the brightness and get rid of the factory yellow ugly look, and to satisfy me, THE DAMN OWNER.

I could careless about your opinion man. Im not changing my setup.

I also am not spending over $500 on a retrofit. Not worth the money in my opinion. If I wanted projectors, I would just buy the available projector headlights for my car. Then Im not fucking around making something work when I can buy a drop in replacement.

Dunno why you waste energy trying to "school" me. I certainly did not ask you for information, nor do I want you to continue doing so.

Although yes, I plan on going to LED lights all around. I already have the resistors and mounting brackets made up, its simply waiting on me to purchase the LEDs and the wiring. I also need to replace my soldering gun before I do the conversion.

bye bye

EDIT and if you are going to say LEDs are rice, my intention is amperage reduction while improving the appearance of my car IN MY OPINION!!. I already saved a few doing the HIDs.

sixstringsam 02-26-2014 04:22 PM

I want to put a HID conversion kit, halo projection kit too. Any pointers?

I'm not sure what the H11, H13, etc. bulb sizes mean. I know I want a bi-xenon. Is there a specific bulb size for the fit? Thanks:D