Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member

Hello Everyone,

Normally I would share info on FB but that platform still isn't really suited for storing knowledge as it's hard to search. Hence I will post it here.

I am the owner of a 2015 model Honda Fit (Jazz) in the Philippines.

Recently I decided to have the dealer install a OEM Daytime Running Light and here's the images I took. Unfortunately I was not allowed to view the actual install but at least it will give you an idea what to expect.

This is the package it came in with the part number (Honda Thailand)

Opening the box;

This is the included DRL lamp unit. It's actually a Philips Daylight 9 DRL kit that has been specially made for Honda. I've seen a lot of the cheap stuff on ebay coming out of China and these are very nice. The housing is made of metal (not plastic) to act as a heatsink. This also makes it possible for me to replace a busted DRL by just getting the Philips unit from amazon instead of springing for a whole new set.

This is the control unit and the brackets in the background.

Bag containing bolts, tiewraps and other stickers.

The Wire Harness. If you look close you will see it has pigtails for attaching it to the underdash fusebox in the cabin so you don't really "splice" ugly wires to the ACC line.

Unlike the China units, since the Philips DRLs are rectangular, the fog lamp covers also have a rectangle cut-out unlike the china made units that have a curved DRL unit which can never be replaced easily if you break a LED.

Here's how it looks.

I really wish I could have documented where they connected where to what but the package did NOT have installation instructions and I guess only the dealers have access to those. When my car is no longer in warranty I can be more brave to take a deeper look how it's installed, but as it is, it was very very very clean and no stray wire at all in the install, everything looks like it came right out of the factory.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl1.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl2.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl3.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl4.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl5.png  

Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl6.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl7.png   Jazz GK Daytime Running Lights (Philippines)-drl8.png  
Old 05-09-2017, 03:57 AM

Hey Thanks a tonne for the detailed information.
I live in India and as a part of cost-cutting, DRL's are not present in Honda Jazz, not even as an optional accessory. I am planning to procure one from Thailand. Good that you provided the part no.
Can you please confirm whether it will fit on Indian Jazz too?
Also, can you provide a good website or source from where I can source.
Awaiting your valuable feedback for the same.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Nice setup! how bright in lumens are they? I got cheap ones from china that are LED switchback types. They werent very bright, and had a blueish tint to them which i didn't care for.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Adnaan Pardawala
Hey Thanks a tonne for the detailed information.
I live in India and as a part of cost-cutting, DRL's are not present in Honda Jazz, not even as an optional accessory. I am planning to procure one from Thailand. Good that you provided the part no.
Can you please confirm whether it will fit on Indian Jazz too?
Also, can you provide a good website or source from where I can source.
Awaiting your valuable feedback for the same.
Unfortunately, I do not know where to find these online as I bought it at the Honda dealership here. Best to consult your dealership and provide the part number. That said, the WIRING diagrams are NOT included in the box (I checked) so your dealer's service department MUST be trained how to install it or have it in their computer system's database for installing.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Nice setup! how bright in lumens are they? I got cheap ones from china that are LED switchback types. They werent very bright, and had a blueish tint to them which i didn't care for.
Yes these are bright compared to the "bluish" china made ones.

To get exact specs, I suggest you research on the Philips 9 DRL units as they are a exact match.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Gotcha. yeah just looked them up, I can certainly get them here in the states. Wonder since I have the china made DRL housings, wonder if there is a way to fit the Phillips lights to those housings?

Old 05-10-2017, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Gotcha. yeah just looked them up, I can certainly get them here in the states. Wonder since I have the china made DRL housings, wonder if there is a way to fit the Phillips lights to those housings?
Ah. I see what you're getting at.

Personally, my reason for going OEM was to ensure that the wiring was done "according to spec". Other GK owners I know who went with the China made DRLs had awful wiring harnesses that was just slapped on.

On the OEM wiring harness, the DRLs turn on upon ignition and powers off automatically when the is ON.

On the China made wiring harnesses, some include a switch which I did not want.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Yeah I actually had to repair the harness, cheap china components and just overall poor quality. The harness worked flawlessly after that, but I know not everyone is advanced with electronic component repair as me. The OEM harness you mention with the DRLs turning on with ignition and power off automatically is a fairly simple circuit. Trick is not everyone knows where to tap power for that thus why a voltage based circuit with connection straight to the battery.