Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Best 2007 & 2008 Headlight Buld (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/95273-best-2007-2008-headlight-buld.html)

JodysTransmissions 02-21-2017 08:08 AM

Best 2007 & 2008 Headlight Buld

We have a 2007 and 2008 Fit and we keep loosing headlight bulbs. These are the $50+ Sylvania or the less expensive Autozone bulbs.

What are you all using for bulbs for longevity? Is a Honda bulb recommended?

Thanks, Jody

JackMan 02-21-2017 09:20 AM

Do you have any condensation showing on the inside of the headlight? If there's water inside, that will blow the bulb if it comes into contact with the hot glass. When installing the bulb make sure you don't touch it with your fingers. Oil residue from your skin will bake onto the bulb glass and cause it to fail (eventually).

Honda bulbs are no different than the ones you've installed. There must be another source of why they're blowing.

My recommendation: check for moisture inside the headlight assembly first :)

JodysTransmissions 02-21-2017 11:07 AM

No moisture inside the lens housing and I knew not to touch the bulbs during installation. These bulbs seem to last about 5-6 months.

JackMan 02-21-2017 01:03 PM

I'm sorry I can't add anything more to this issue. 6 months seems a pretty crappy lifespan. You may just have bad luck with the filaments breaking? Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have can chime in with something you can try. I installed a miniD2S projector retrofit in my headlights so I've been out of the halogen bulb universe for a while.

If it's not moisture/oil getting on the bulb, it may be bad luck, or vibration?

dwtaylorpdx 02-21-2017 06:30 PM

Osram bulbs work the best in my jeep which is a kidney pounding machine, the expensive bulbs don't last for more than a couple months.. (PII and the High end Sylvania's)

JodysTransmissions 02-22-2017 07:41 AM

"miniD2S projector retrofit in my headlights"

Is this an easy conversion? You have been most helpfully by answering my post, thank you!

solbrothers 02-22-2017 10:13 AM

have you gotten the headlight recall done? mine kept going out until i got that done.

also, my low beams dont work when it rains. only highbeams. i need to figure that out.

JodysTransmissions 02-22-2017 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 1365103)
have you gotten the headlight recall done? mine kept going out until i got that done.

This is a new recall that I have not heard about? Recall number?

JackMan 02-22-2017 03:48 PM

Hey Jody, the miniD2S projector retrofit is quite involved and requires disassembling the headlight. If you're content with your halogen lights (when they work), it may be in your best interest to keep them and not do a retrofit.

I wasn't aware there was a headlight recall, but if that's the case, check with your dealer and hopefully you can get some of the bulb cost back.. or a free set of light bulbs? Again, I'm sorry I can't be of much help beyond the obvious solutions of why it keeps blowing!