Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

2015 LX Looking for easy install LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
2015 LX Looking for easy install LED headlights

Hey all. Looking to install some led headlights. I grabbed a set of "LED EAGLE" with the fan, from Amazon
Amazon Amazon
) with the assurance that they would fit no problem...sure if I wanted to get rid of the rubber dust cap...which I do not. Anyone have a good bulb that you are able to install without having to do away with the dust cap? If not how did you guys install your led headlights?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
I have IPF led, it fits perfectly
///IPF? 351HLB LED HEAD LAMP CONVERSION KIT

Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
Nice. Actual instructions as well...what did you pay for them? I see they are super expensive on Amazon.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
I paid around $220 shipped on eBay. You're DRL and high beams will work also. I haven't tried other brand but i heard some LED headlight bulb you will lose DRL or the high beam indicator.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
I paid around $220 shipped on eBay. You're DRL and high beams will work also. I haven't tried other brand but i heard some LED headlight bulb you will lose DRL or the high beam indicator.
Were you able to keep your rubber dust cap on as well?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
I have my dust cap on no modifications needed. I have this LED also on my Nissan 240SX its a pop up headlight and it fits great with no mods to dust cap or spacers needed.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
If you're able would you mind taking a picture of the beam pattern against a wall? I've seen some led upgrades in halogen light assemblies that didn't focus the light as well. I don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
So since I'm in Canada I've been looking at xenon Depot at the leds. They have a Honda Fit led kit, fanless, easy fit, but the customer service rep says that in order to have the drls function I need a canbus decoder. I realize that the headlights are not canbus and I've never heard of decoders allowing the drls to work...anyone else heard of this?

XenonDepot | 2015 Honda Fit LED Kit | Xtreme H4 LED Pro

Old 09-26-2017, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
On the Fit the DRLs work by supplying one of the halogen lamp's filaments (I think it must be the low beam filament) with a lower voltage than the standard 12-14 volts. Maybe around 5 volts. Halogens simply put out less light, at lower voltage. As the voltage gets lower, the amount of light gets lower. LEDs often cut out completely below a certain voltage, or they put out almost the same amount of light as the voltage gradually goes down, and then suddenly begin putting out no light, once the voltage reaches a certain point. There is not comment on the IPF web page about how their product operates at low voltage for DRL function. You would think that since most LEDs do not work properly at DRL voltage, that the IPF page would comment, if their LEDs do work. But the page says nothing.

Last edited by nomenclator; 09-26-2017 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
Pretty sure the Fit uses the high beam for drl. Does a pwm module properly ramp the voltage down in the leds high beam as to make them behave as drls? Here is the link to what they said I should get along with the headlights...
HID Kit PWM HID kit Module | HID kit canceller | Anti-flicker module

From looking around I'm wondering if they will just fully power the high beams in place of the dim drls, I'd rather just pull the fuse than run high beams all day

Last edited by Macswfc; 09-26-2017 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
don't waste your money. Get a quality halogen bulb. LED in the stock housings are going to look like complete crap and you won't have any visibility. Trust me, I'm a retrofitter and I have this discussion many times before and after people buy cheap LED headlight bulbs.

Read this article for the best halogen bulbs to upgrade to:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-halogen-bulbs

If you want a retrofit, check out my facebook page @818retrofits and message me there. We can discuss way more in detail and I can show you pictures of HID vs LED vs Halogen vs Retrofit.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
don't waste your money. Get a quality halogen bulb. LED in the stock housings are going to look like complete crap and you won't have any visibility. Trust me, I'm a retrofitter and I have this discussion many times before and after people buy cheap LED headlight bulbs.

Read this article for the best halogen bulbs to upgrade to:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-halogen-bulbs

If you want a retrofit, check out my facebook page @818retrofits and message me there. We can discuss way more in detail and I can show you pictures of HID vs LED vs Halogen vs Retrofit.
Noted! Thank you

Old 10-15-2017, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member

If I figured out how to post a photo properly, Sirius LED bulb on the left, stock on the right. You can see the beam cutoff is not as sharp, but I don't think it's anything like an HID bulb in a regular housing. Cost was $50 for a pair, going to play around with the adjustment and make sure I'm not blinding people, but I think it's worth keeping.

https://www.siriusledlights.com/coll...d-headlight-h4

Old 10-16-2017, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal

If I figured out how to post a photo properly, Sirius LED bulb on the left, stock on the right. You can see the beam cutoff is not as sharp, but I don't think it's anything like an HID bulb in a regular housing. Cost was $50 for a pair, going to play around with the adjustment and make sure I'm not blinding people, but I think it's worth keeping.

Are you able to get the weather covers on after installing the bulbs?

I noticed the web page said 8000 lumens "total" without specifying how many lumens produced by low beam, how many by high beam.

I could put led drls in the bumper cover, where the fog lights go, but I still haven't solved the problem of placing a switch to turn them on-off in the cabin, and wiring the switch to the drls.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Macswfc
Pretty sure the Fit uses the high beam for drl. Does a pwm module properly ramp the voltage down in the leds high beam as to make them behave as drls? Here is the link to what they said I should get along with the headlights...

From looking around I'm wondering if they will just fully power the high beams in place of the dim drls, I'd rather just pull the fuse than run high beams all day
I read the "HID Kit" web page but it is not very articulate. I can't figure out what the device does, from reading the page. Also, it doesn't say anything about allowing DRLs such as those in the Fit - which get their 5 volts as a result of PWM - to operate properly if the halogen lamps are replaced with LEDs. I would think that you still need the LEDs to operate at 5 volts - which they won't do. It isn't enough to just smooth out the flicker caused by the PWM module. This sentence makes no sense: "Also, it cannot be used in conjunction with DRL (Daytime running lights) if your vehicle *shares* the same low-beam bulb as the daytime running light."

"Share the same low-beam bulb" with what? Share takes the preposition with. Share as makes no sense. Shares the same low-beam bulb as the daytime running light...." As the daytime running light does what? It makes no sense.

Last edited by nomenclator; 10-16-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal

I went with the xenon Depot Honda Fit kit that I linked to earlier, cutoff is very sharp, very similar to the stock halogens. A bit of sportiness on the road directly in front of me but I don’t really notice it when driving.

I did have to lower the aim though as they were a couple inches higher than stock. I purchased the drl kit they had but after figuring out that all that did was keep the high beams on as drl I just decided to grab a pair of aftermarket drl led lights and wire them up, also pulled the drl fuse. I had to cut the dust caps just a bit to allow the leds to protrude.

I’m pretty happy with them so far, nice crisp 5000k light.

Last edited by Macswfc; 10-17-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Macswfc

here is the link to what who said you should get?

The Fit uses pwm to supply 5 volts to the headlight in order to make them shine less brightly in drl mode. It looks like the PWM kit they are selling will simply smooth out the flickering caused by pwm the Fit will still only put out 5 volts. It may be a smooth 5 volts but that's not going to help anything. In that case neither HIDs nor LEDs will work properly. I think the kit is made to work with headlights that get their 12-volt supply powered by a pwm module, in order to prolong bulb life by keeping the power supplied at a steady pulsating 12 volts DC when the alternator and regulator are functioning, rather than fluctuating between 12.5 and 14.5 DC as I know many older cars did.

Last edited by nomenclator; 10-16-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
here is the link to what who said you should get?

The Fit uses pwm to supply 5 volts to the headlight in order to make them shine less brightly in drl mode. It looks like the PWM kit they are selling will simply smooth out the flickering caused by pwm the Fit will still only put out 5 volts. It may be a smooth 5 volts but that's not going to help anything. In that case neither HIDs nor LEDs will work properly. I think the kit is made to work with headlights that get their 12-volt supply powered by a pwm module, in order to prolong bulb life by keeping the power supplied at a steady pulsating 12 volts DC when the alternator and regulator are functioning, rather than fluctuating between 12.5 and 14.5 DC as I know many older cars did.
The xenon Depot Rep told me to get them so I would have a functioning drl. The headlights themselves have their own drivers. All the pwm module would do (to the best of my knowledge) is boost the low voltage going to the highbeam for the drl function, making them run at full power...which I did not want.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
Weather covers do not fit over the Sirius bulbs, think I'm going to try trimming them to stretch around the heatsink/fan assembly. I noticed the '8000 lumens' thing too, and they don't say on the packaging how many watts they draw, but if they work I don't know that I need the precise specs.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
macswfc, if you get after market drl kits how are you going to switch them on-off? You will have to run a wire from them to a switch in the cabin. Sounds like a lot of work.

Quick Reply: 2015 LX Looking for easy install LED headlights