Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

TRS LED Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Got the install done this afternoon. I am very happy with fitment. OEM brackets attached right to them and everything lined up well. Gaps are spot on.

Im not sure how much of this is 2018 specific, but I’ll mention some tips.

You have to remove the washer fluid reservoir to get access to the bottom bolt on the passenger side light. You just pull the neck out the top, then take 2 bolts off and you can pull the reservoir down and out. Rest it on a block so it doesn’t spill.

Once you do the first one, the second will take no time at all.

You cant close the fuse box with the wiring added. I just have two of the 3 clips snapped and the other side is just resting on the wiring. I will take a cutter and make a cut out for the harness in the future.

Love love love love how they look. I will report back tonight after I test performance.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
The washer fluid reservoir was not in the way of my install (2018). I installed without the DRL relay and they function normally without the relay. When I plugged the DRL relay into the fusebox #30 as specified per the instructions the inner white LEDs remained on even after the vehicle is turned off and locked with the key fob. I am currently in the process of dialing in and adjusting the beam pattern to my liking. Definitely happy and satisfied with the purchase. Fitment is just like stock and the lens finish is superb. Never want to have to pull off the front bumper again though and risk damaging the mounting points.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:15 PM
The DRLs stay on for five minutes. It says that in the instructions.

Did you not remove the bumper bracket under the headlight? I couldn’t figure out how to get the light out without fully removing it and I couldn’t access that bolt from the bottom. The one that goes through that bracket and into the headlight. Oh well, guess I did some extra work!!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:19 PM

How do you adjust the beams? My cutoff looks like crap.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Just returned from a test drive. Not happy with the cutoff for appearance reasons, but function wise they are much better than stock.

Ive upgrades from regular bulbs to silver stars on my older vehicles and this is even more noticeable. My fit is now on par with my old TSX which had factory HID headlights. I feel much better driving on backroads at night now.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Helios there is two adjustment points that is used to align the beam. The top adjustment is to adjust the beam right to left and the bottom adjust up and down. Just use a long Philip screw driver.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
The silver adjuster adjusts up/down and the gold adjusts left/right. The headlights do their sequentail turn signal flare when you unlock the vehicle. Like someone else mentioned earlier, I haven't found a way to change this setting to non-sequential nor do the instructions specify how to.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Hi Helios there is two adjustment points that is used to align the beam. The top adjustment is to adjust the beam right to left and the bottom adjust up and down. Just use a long Philip screw driver.
thanks!! Watched some videos online to learn how to set the height properly. I set my cutoff at 28”. An 8mm ratchet wrench worked great.

The top adjuster nearer the fenders does left and right adjustment. The lower one nearer the engine does up down. Mine were aimed horribly to start. Cutoff is good now. And the light output is INCREDIBLE. LITERALLY NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. Very happy.

As long as no leaks or any build quality issues surface (in which case I have warranty through Morimoto but removing and replacing would be a pain) I think this is the best upgrade I’ve done to any vehicle I’ve owned.

Looks killer. Safety improvement. A+.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Woke up this morning and left for work and noticed cutoff wasn’t right. Passenger light is pointing at the floor.

Got my tools to try to adjust again and now the light wont adjust at all on up/down adjustment.

Definitely a huge let down. I’ll be returning these. I was so happy with the look. Sigh....

Old 10-09-2018, 10:31 AM
TRS is swapping just the one headlight out. I have to pull it out, they sent me a pre-paid label and RMA number. Once they see tracking on the way they will send out the replacement. Great customer service, now I just hope I have no issues with the replacement light. Mostly just glad I can leave my car down for a few days, rather than have to pull the bumper off to put OEM back in, and then again to reinstall.

I'll update with how things go.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
People had to wait months for this, but they can rma that quickly? They must have a few sets in stock now.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
People had to wait months for this, but they can rma that quickly? They must have a few sets in stock now.
They have 5 in stock. That was my first concern and question, if i need to wait months again.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Warranty replacement was easy and quick. Unfortunately the replacement light got damaged in transit and one of the mounting tabs broke off. Emailed the bad news. I will update again if I ever get two complete headlights installed and working correctly. Sigh... I almost want to give up but they look so good.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Thinking of getting these but am a bit worried about the installation process. How did you guys know how to install the lights?

from previous exp? Video? Or were the manuals detailed enough?

Old 11-12-2018, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dyau
Thinking of getting these but am a bit worried about the installation process. How did you guys know how to install the lights?

from previous exp? Video? Or were the manuals detailed enough?
this video shows how to remove the oem lights. the TRS one should be similar:

*click below*

in case you're wondering how I was able to locate said video, I googled "honda fit + how to remove head lights" and the bottom result appeared to pertain to GK5's

Old 11-22-2018, 02:24 AM
The black friday sale is on right now! Just picked up a set myself. Never done any large projects on the car before. Hopefully it works out!

Old 11-22-2018, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member

Old 11-25-2018, 12:31 PM
I noticed these are nice and bright straight ahead, but how is visibility on the ground? I hardly see any light on the ground between the car and garage.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:44 AM
TRS headlight beam slightly vibration

I just install my xb headlight few day to go, when turn on the headlight on idle, I notice my passenger side beam have slightly vibration and no vibration driver side beam. I double check mounting is all tight, have anyone have this problem?

Old 12-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Veilsides I added a lock washer at mounting point closest to front grill that helps sandwich the headlight down. Passenger vibrations are gone. Driver vibrates sometimes, but it's not visible to anyone but me. Basically you have to be right up on something to notice the vibrating.

Sir_Spicy, in the pics the fog lights aren't on. With the fog lights on they fill in the rest of the area. I would eventually like to change them out for Honda OEM LED foglights. You are correct in that the headlights are more focused and do not point down as much.

Quick Reply: TRS LED Headlight Assembly