Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

TRS LED Headlight Assembly

Old 12-09-2018, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by veilsides2k
I just install my xb headlight few day to go, when turn on the headlight on idle, I notice my passenger side beam have slightly vibration and no vibration driver side beam. I double check mounting is all tight, have anyone have this problem?
Well my passenger side I've noticed that the projectors are loose, ive shake the headlights and heard it shakes so i have to contact TRS to get a replacement

Old 12-09-2018, 12:37 AM
I try put washer between mounting still vibrating a little, well this is not really big issue for me. Headlight adjustment is weird, i keep turning the screw sometime don't even move at all. Is there a stop point you can't turn the screw anymore?

Old 12-09-2018, 02:08 AM

Do you guys have an extra outlet too? Or did i forget to plug in something???

Old 12-14-2018, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by freak4afit
The silver adjuster adjusts up/down and the gold adjusts left/right. The headlights do their sequentail turn signal flare when you unlock the vehicle. Like someone else mentioned earlier, I haven't found a way to change this setting to non-sequential nor do the instructions specify how to.

i emailed trs about changing it to non sequential or having the third bulb turn orange like the pictures on the website. It doesnt seem like it is possible.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
My set of lights arrived and I was trying to install it. When I unpacked it and took the light out of the box, I noticed the three LED light assembly in the housing was loose on both headlight. When I shake it a little, it moved and I can even see the circuit board at the bottom. For those who have installed your headlights, do you have the same loose three LED light assembly? Is it normal?
If all the LED light assembly is loose like that, it won't surprise me that it's raddled and vibrate during idle.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZOZOFIT
My set of lights arrived and I was trying to install it. When I unpacked it and took the light out of the box, I noticed the three LED light assembly in the housing was loose on both headlight. When I shake it a little, it moved and I can even see the circuit board at the bottom. For those who have installed your headlights, do you have the same loose three LED light assembly? Is it normal?
If all the LED light assembly is loose like that, it won't surprise me that it's raddled and vibrate during idle.
Call them immediately and get an RMA and shipping label, my passenger side was loose, i checked the driver side and its ok but who knows until i install it and hit some bumps. It seems like it got horrible quality during assembly. Now I'm still waiting for TRS to receive my damage one so they can ship a working unit

Old 12-21-2018, 10:56 PM
I got mine 3 week to go, after i install it i notice the cut off beam is vibrating a little at idle and you will see the circuit board when you look very close at bottom. I have mine RMA because there is debris inside the projector on the passenger side and my driver side wont able to adjust up and down. I got my second set headlight few days to go, i try to use rubber washer on each headlight mount see it will help, but they still vibrating a little, you can see the beam bonce on the bumpy road, i got use to it so is not really big deal to me anymore. I pay $ 600 on Black Friday for those headlights, the price im paying for is pretty good quality headlight.

Pros:
Fit like OEM headlight
Plug and Play
Look very good, like Lexus triple projector beams or Acura jewels headlight
Pretty good light output
Not bad for the price for those headlight, if you buy it on sale.
TRS excellent service

Cons:
Vibration
After turn off the car the DRL stand on little too long
Compare TRS Led headlight vs Morimoto HID kit the HID is brighter, maybe in the future led will improve.
The beam cut off is kind of weird, i dont know how to describe it

A debris inside my projector lens

Old 02-27-2020, 02:32 PM
morimoto xb led headlights installation

Hello Helios,

Getting ready to install with the help of a friend, 3rd Generation Morimoto xb Led headlights on my 2018 fit sport. Got any tip? or an perhaps aninstallation manual as to hwo to hook up the wires and fuses. The instructions included with the headlighs is meek at best.

thsnks,

Old 08-10-2020, 03:33 PM
Morimoto XB Headlights discount!

Hey Guys I have a private code for you guys to use on Honda fit XB headlights that will get you 10% off! You can use the code AHXB10 at checkout and get 10% off those XBs!

Old 10-16-2020, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Put my coplus/Morimoto in today, I had a body shop do it as they had to do some work on it anyways, they said they aimed them but I am not happy with it. I believe they are too low and I’m not convinced the left to right was done properly....I have no problem finding a wall and adjusting at 25ft, but I am extremely nervous about crankingtoo much and having the aiming break.....as it sits currently the cutoff is extremely visible to me and starts at the midpoint in the road ahead of me, in my lane...so I basically can’t see as much of the left side in front of me as I can the right. Maybe just a height adjustment is in order? Idk. What I would really like is to find a garage with a laser level set up that knows 200% what they doing.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:23 AM
Either the left is a bit too low or the right a bit too high or something in between. When I did HID retrofit on my Integra, I used a 60 and 90 ft distance to aim, plus a bridge to check for the aiming level of the beams.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Either the left is a bit too low or the right a bit too high or something in between. When I did HID retrofit on my Integra, I used a 60 and 90 ft distance to aim, plus a bridge to check for the aiming level of the beams.
I think it's both being too low.

On level ground, the headlights are supposed to cover more distance than in the image.

According to this: https://www.iihs.org/topics/headlights, headlights should pretty much cover 144 ft ahead of you. Going a little further into that website: https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle...019#headlights indicates you should (barely at 5 LUX) light up 150 ft ahead of you on the left and almost 250 ft on the right if you compare it to the factory lights on the Fit.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
So I went with the 25ft from a wall, the fit measures 30inches to midpoint of the headlight, adjusted the cutoff on the wall to 28inches, it WAS at 21ish, so ya super low.

I’m not so certain on the spread of the lights though (left to right). I read they should be approximately the same Distance apart on the wall as they are on the car. I marked where they were when I was within 30 inches of the wall which was approximately 53 inches apart, then I backed up to 25ft and the left beam was waaaay over to the right. I went ahead and moved it to around 50 inches from the right beam cutoff point.

the left beam cutoff is now more closely aligned to the lines in the middle of the road, the cutoff drops the light below oncoming traffics mirrors so I think it should be good, might need some more tweaking once I have more time to be on the road. Getting a lot more light on the road which is great, comparable to my led bulbs in my old fit, but better quality of course since I’m not dealing with reflector housings.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:27 AM
Congrats on the new car, it looks great! I saw the post in which you asked about the vland vs. Morimoto, what made you decide on these? Thanks for the picture of how they look on the road, any more since you've corrected the aim?

Old 10-21-2020, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brian d
Congrats on the new car, it looks great! I saw the post in which you asked about the vland vs. Morimoto, what made you decide on these? Thanks for the picture of how they look on the road, any more since you've corrected the aim?
well after adjusting to where I would have had the halogens at I was endlessly flashed so I lowered them a bit and moved the left cutoff slightly back to the right side, still have good visibility and am not being flashed so I think I found the sweet spot, I’ll try to get some pics. Oh and the high beams are 100 times better than the stock halogens.

as far as Vland vs. Morimoto I went with the Morimoto mainly based on the fact that I couldn’t find anyone that had installed the Vlands plus the fact that I found the Morimoto at a good price here in Canada and they have a 5 year warranty.

Old 10-21-2020, 05:27 AM
I would be pleased if you could take and share a picture of both low and high beams on the road. I have been unsatisfied with European GK5 factory fitted LED high beam performance.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Macswfc
well after adjusting to where I would have had the halogens at I was endlessly flashed so I lowered them a bit and moved the left cutoff slightly back to the right side, still have good visibility and am not being flashed so I think I found the sweet spot, I’ll try to get some pics. Oh and the high beams are 100 times better than the stock halogens.

as far as Vland vs. Morimoto I went with the Morimoto mainly based on the fact that I couldn’t find anyone that had installed the Vlands plus the fact that I found the Morimoto at a good price here in Canada and they have a 5 year warranty.
Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'd really love to have some decent headlights as a lot of my driving is on dark roadways. It's good to hear that these dont blind oncoming drivers as well.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:51 AM
Name:  OnNQ5Bq.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  RTofAhI.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  22.1 KB

Don't be stuck with using just a wall to align headlights. A close and far away wall measurement plus a bridge for beam alignment are useful. It was my Integra with S2000 HID retrofit. That Integra has some of the crappiest OEM headlights that I've ever experienced.

Old 10-22-2020, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
This is how I currently have them set up. I could probably put them a touch higher but I drove around all night last night with no flashbacks so I’ll probably keep them at this height.

Low beam

High beam

Old 10-22-2020, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Assuming the Fit is aligned with the road, the step in the cutoff seems a bit far too the left. That could've been what caused oncoming traffic to flash you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TRS LED Headlight Assembly