Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Illuminated Door Sills for 2018 Fit. Easy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Illuminated Door Sills for 2018 Fit. Easy!

So I debated on the OEM Illuminated Door Sills or some eBay specials. I ended up going for the eBay versions and I was pleasantly surprised on its quality.
I read some install how-tos before and was prepared to do some splicing, etc. The quality turned out to be even better than I expected. Factory plugs, quick disconnects, and quality wire jackets.

I did even less work than most of the how to videos that I've seen. The wiring was exact length. No excessive bundling. Zip tied along with the other factory wiring looms.

Higley recommended mod for $56. Looks supa betta in the night.

Notice the longer length for the passenger side since the fuse panel is on the driver side. This was $56 rather than the $156 that Honda was asking for.

Factory plug

Much like the OEM

Even the wire orientation is correct. I've seen other eBay version where the wire went off to the side. Although the double sided tape doesn't look OEM

Start by removing the glove and lower trim panel. Super easy.

Route cable behind head unit.

It might help to remove USB/12V outlet panel to help guide plug and drivers side connections.

Don't forget to replace the pins if they get left behind in their holes on the sheetmetal. Trim pieces are super easy to take off.

Remove about an inch of the liner before placing.

Position and then smoothly remove rest of liner.

Important! Align the sills according to the OEM instructions found on collegehillshonda.com. Use the center pillar trim panel and some tape. Done same way for all four sills.

Don't forget to plug it in.

Also you probably already knew but protect the wiring. I laid down some tape on the sheetmetal then taped the wire itself to keep it in place.

Also take note that the front doors sheet metal isn't parallel because of design. I aligned to the outside edge because the inner door gasket will end up hiding the misalignment anyway

Replace trim panels

And you're done!

Last edited by ieandro; 09-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Thank you for the awesome tutorial. Bookmarked for a future date when i have spare monies.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
nice write up!

I have the same exact ones, and the install was a breeze. the fact that the ebay kit plugs into the oem harness was a HUGE bonus (no need to splice!)

Old 09-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys. It's a neat mod that makes the Fit so much more classy at night.

Quick question for the electrical geniuses on the forum... If I add some led accent lighting under the footwells (1w leds each). Can I tap into the wiring for the door sill lights? So that way they turn on and off with the door open / close function?

I think they would, but not sure of the draw.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by ieandro
Thanks guys. It's a neat mod that makes the Fit so much more classy at night.

Quick question for the electrical geniuses on the forum... If I add some led accent lighting under the footwells (1w leds each). Can I tap into the wiring for the door sill lights? So that way they turn on and off with the door open / close function?

I think they would, but not sure of the draw.

i did just that

Front sills and footwell lighting

Rear illuminated sills

Old 08-11-2020, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Did you have to pop the pillar trim in between the doors off?

I'm trying to figure out how to do it, but don't want to go yanking at things.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:48 AM

Dealer optional light up door sills and console. It also has the under dash kit. And more blue LEDs under the front seats.