Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/)
-   -   A RADIO trick for the Fit... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/10841-radio-trick-fit.html)

integradriv3r 01-09-2007 10:52 PM

A RADIO trick for the Fit...

The other day while installing my tanabe exhaust i unplugged my battery (reasons unknown) and when i reconnected it i found out my radio needed a code to work again. I lost the paper that had the code so i went to the dealer. In order to get the code one must have the radio serial number which can be seen by.....
1) have key in and turned to second click (just have the radio on i guess)
2)make sure the radio is off
3)hold down the #1, #6, and then hit the Power button (volume knob) and a number should appear on the screen.

That would your radio's serial number and using that the people at the Honda dealer can use it to find what your code is to make the radio work properly again. Not sure if this is covered in the manual but i found it interesting and wanted to share it with you guys :D

nttdemented 01-09-2007 11:35 PM

Hmmm... place little piece of paper with security code in my wallet... CHECK!!

;)

Thanks for the tip though, bookmarking this one in case I do lose the little card with the info.

QuackXP 01-10-2007 09:27 AM

If you have Honda Owners Link, there is a field on your profile for the radio code.

Yonzor 01-10-2007 10:55 AM

The code is also on a sticker in the car. PM me and I'll tell you where it is.

kb8thekid 01-10-2007 11:34 AM

dealer did explain this to me, and the code is on my owners manual :)

Tankist 01-10-2007 11:59 AM

thanks for the tip - printed out and attached to manual.
but what i cant understand is what is the point of this entire lockout feature if the way to unlock is known to everyone interested? i mean if it is designed to prevent theft it failed and the only thing it does is creating inconvinience to owners.

nttdemented 01-10-2007 01:26 PM

Well it stops the stupid thieves. ;)

Garismatic 01-22-2007 09:21 AM

The radio doesn't give you the unlock code. It gives you the radio serial number. The dealer is supposed to ask for proof of ownership of the vehicle before they take the serial number and use it to get a radio code.

Oh, and if the dealership put a radio code sticker on the car, then they've compromised your security by doing so. I wouldn't keep it on the car.

spider2k 01-22-2007 06:39 PM

this has worked on most honda radios for a while as well.

bigmanbrainy 01-29-2007 09:53 AM

Well, if we didnt put this on the internet it would be a lot less easily accesable...

Fit of RAGE 01-29-2007 10:02 AM

That's AWESOME!!!!

mikeyfiend 02-07-2007 02:43 PM

Is there really a big market for stolen stock honda radios?

Regardless, I'll keep this in mind when I get my FIT, for those rare times when I actually disconnect the battery.

aallbbeerrtttttt 02-16-2007 12:51 PM

i doubt the factory honda fit radio unit would be stolen much just because it's not a standard din size that would be able to be used in other vehicles

spreadhead 02-16-2007 02:14 PM

I wrote the radio code and key code somewhere under the hood if needed later.