Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/)
-   -   Stock speaker wire colors (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/25813-stock-speaker-wire-colors.html)

Rod2Rice 05-25-2008 11:46 PM

Stock speaker wire colors

Anyone have info on the stock speaker wires, as to what color is + and - at the doors for each one? I was just looking at the oem speakers I pulled out, and thinking I may have reversed the wires in either the fronts or rears. Gonna end up pulling the panels to check, but would be nice to have handy the schematic so I know for sure. This is for an 08.

Injundon 05-26-2008 04:20 PM

RF+ Red w/ Green Stripe
RF-Brown w/ Black Stripe

LF+Blue w/ Green Stripe
LF-Gray w/ Black Stripe

RR+Red w/ Yellow Stripe
RR-Brown w/ White Stripe

RL+Blue w/ Yellow Stripe
RL-Gray w/ White Stripe

That'll cost 1 rep point

YeeFit 05-26-2008 04:32 PM

This will cost +1 rep points too :)

KEYSENSE
green/white
-
ign harn or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 11

Notes: The GCM (Gauge Control Module) is incorporated in the instrument cluster.

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 20 pin plug, pin 8.

POWER LOCK
white/green
-
dr kick or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 9

Notes: The GCM (Gauge Control Module) is incorporated in the instrument cluster.

POWER UNLOCK
white/blue
-
dr kick or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 10

DOORLOCK MOTOR
white/black

5wi

fuse box, green 8 pin plug, pin 2

DOOR UNLOCK MOTOR
yellow/black

5wi

fuse box, green 8 pin plug, pin 5

FACTORY ALARM ARM
white/red
-
dr kick or scu, 20 pin plug, pin 4

Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

The SCU (Security Control Unit) is under the driver side dash.

FACTORY ALARM DISARM
white
-
dr kick or scu, 20 pin plug, pin 3

Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

The SCU (Security Control Unit) is under the driver side dash.

PARKLIGHTS POSITIVE
red/black
+
fuse box, 14 pin plug, pin 5

PARKLIGHTS NEGATIVE
blue
-
switch or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 19

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 16 pin plug, pin 5.

HEADLIGHT
brown/yellow
-
switch or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 36

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 16 pin plug, pin 4.

HAZARD
same as turn signal wires

TURN LEFT
green/red
+
switch or gcm, 20 pin plug, pin 6

TURN RIGHT
green/yellow
+
switch or gcm, 20 pin plug, pin 5

REVERSE
green/black
+
fuse box, 14 pin plug, pin 9

BRAKE
white/black
+
sw or fuse box, 14 pin plug, pin 4

PARKBRAKE
green/orange
-
switch or gcm, 40 pin plug, pin 3

DOOR PIN
green (d), purple (p)
-
kick or gcm, 20 pin plg, pins 14, 13

Notes: Use both wires and diode isolate each.

The GCM (Gauge Control Module) is incorporated in the instrument cluster.

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 20 pin plug, pins 20 and 9.

HOOD PIN
green/black
-
pin sw or scu, 20 pin plug, pin 18

Notes: The SCU (Security Control Unit) is under the driver side dash.

TRUNK PIN
green/red
-
dr kick or gcm, 20 pin plug, pin 16

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 20 pin plug, pin 7.

DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION
green/red
-
fuse box or gcm, 20 pin plug, pin 12

TACH
green/orange

ac
fuse box, 6 pin plug, pin 2

Notes: Can also go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT yellow/black.

Can also go to any ignition coil and use the wire that is NOT black/white or black.

VSS
purple/white
radio harness

LEFT FRONT UP/DWN
red/black - red/yellow
A
driver window switch in door

RIGHT FRONT UP/DWN
blue/red - blue/white
A
driver kick, door harness

LEFT REAR UP/DWN
brown/white - brown
A

RIGHT REAR UP/DWN
blue/orange - brown/yellow
A

HORN
orange
-
switch or gcm, 14 pin plug, pin 8

If equipped, also found at the SCU (Security Control Unit) under the driver side dash, 16 pin plug, pin 2.

WIPER
blue/yellow (l), blue (h)
-
windshield wiper switch

RADIO 12V
white/red
+
radio harness

RADIO GROUND
black
-
radio harness

RADIO SWITCH
yellow/red
+
radio harness

RADIO ILLUMINATION
red/black
+
radio harness

POWER ANTENNA
+
radio harness

LEFT FRONT SPEAKER
green/black - lt. green
+,-
radio harness

RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER
green/yellow - gray/red
+,-
radio harness

LEFT REAR SPEAKER
blue/white - blue/black
+,-
radio harness

RIGHT REAR SPEAKER
pink - blue/yellow
+,-
radio harness

Injundon 05-26-2008 04:45 PM

Posting that much info online is DANGEROUS. I've seen it happen. People with no experience working on cars jumping in with a test light or worse.. just taping any wore of those colors (in Hondas they like to repeat themselves in some cars)....

So Just heed my warning. Just because you have the wire colors available. DO NOT attempt to install your own alarm/starter in a fit.

(not to anyone specific)

YeeFit 05-26-2008 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Injundon (Post 320203)
Posting that much info online is DANGEROUS. I've seen it happen. People with no experience working on cars jumping in with a test light or worse.. just taping any wore of those colors (in Hondas they like to repeat themselves in some cars)....

So Just heed my warning. Just because you have the wire colors available. DO NOT attempt to install your own alarm/starter in a fit.

(not to anyone specific)

Agreed. If someone is to do their own work, they do need to follow proper installation techniques and guidelines.

I'll remove the Ignition Harness information.

My Bad. :D

P.S. NEVER EVER PROBE THE THICK YELLOW WIRES UNDER A DASH OR AROUND THE VEHICLE, UNLESS YOU HAVE A AIRBAG SAFE TEST LIGHT. EVEN IF YOU DO HAVE A AIRBAG SAFE LIGHT, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PROBING THESE WIRES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Rod2Rice 05-26-2008 11:08 PM

I'll throw some rep to both of you for the effort, but Injundon the colors you list for the speakers are not correct, and YeeFit your were all the same except for one speaker. I found a fsm that I downloaded, and checked the wiring diagram for the speakers and it matched the leads for mine. I cut off the oem terminals and left a bit of wiring on them so if the day comes I get rid of this car, the stock junk can go back in. The leads do work out like this

FR+ = green/yellow
FR- = gray/red
FL+ = green/black
FL- = light green
RR+ = pink
RR- = blue/yellow
RL+ = pink
RL- = blue/yellow

And what this means is I think I wired the fronts backward, and would explain why they don't sound any better than stock. I am going to try and surface mount my Kappa tweeters this weekend if there is enough room, so I will fix the wiring then. I think with one of the many mounting options they come with I may be able to get one to work, not the way I wanted to do it but what can ya do. They certainly aren't the nicest looking tweeters I've seen!

Injundon 05-27-2008 01:12 AM

wiring speakers backwards will in no way affect sound quality. It's only if 2 or more speakers are wired incorrectly, it makes them work against each other in a way. If all 4 were wired wrong it would sound no different than if they were wired "correctly"

The +/- deal is much more a "reference" to keep all speakers on the page figuratively speaking.

Rod2Rice 05-27-2008 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Injundon (Post 320703)
wiring speakers backwards will in no way affect sound quality. It's only if 2 or more speakers are wired incorrectly, it makes them work against each other in a way. If all 4 were wired wrong it would sound no different than if they were wired "correctly"

The +/- deal is much more a "reference" to keep all speakers on the page figuratively speaking.

Yeah I think I wired the rears correctly, and the front woofers backwards, and the stock tweeters are using the original wiring. I also got an email back from Infinity saying I could use the smaller 10.7t tweeters just fine in place of the 10.9 ones, so thats some good news. Crutchfield had advised me not to, but in this case I think I will go with the makers advice.

Lear 45 07-01-2008 08:26 PM

YeeFit, you forgot the wire colors for the airbags!

ShannonHonda.aka.Fit 09-21-2008 12:32 PM

I need to install sub and amp to my factory head unit

I want to install a sub and amp to my factory head unit. I have my amp kit, line converter and i am trying to avoid any possible splicing. I have not sat on the car and stereo long enough to think of how to do it, nor have i taken anything apart yet. I have done all the mechanicals to my fit... short shift, intake, exhaust etc. Now i am moving on to the stereo. I have done honda installs before but it was on a 85 honda prelude. The dash was simple to pull apart and get to the deck. In addition it was an aftermarket deck i was putting in. Now can i splice the rear speakers through the wires running out of the head unit or is it more complex than that with theses fits?

Has anyone attempted this on the fit themselves and how was it accomplished?

spinnb7 12-12-2008 08:40 PM

so i just pulled the factory head unit in my 09 sport, and the color wires that i have do not match any of these.
i have black, pink/silver, gray, brown, blue, light blue, light green, light grey among others. do the 09's have a different color from the 08?

phatboycrxhf 07-08-2010 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rod2Rice (Post 320570)
I'll throw some rep to both of you for the effort, but Injundon the colors you list for the speakers are not correct, and YeeFit your were all the same except for one speaker. I found a fsm that I downloaded, and checked the wiring diagram for the speakers and it matched the leads for mine. I cut off the oem terminals and left a bit of wiring on them so if the day comes I get rid of this car, the stock junk can go back in. The leads do work out like this

FR+ = green/yellow
FR- = gray/red
FL+ = green/black
FL- = light green
RR+ = pink
RR- = blue/yellow
RL+ = pink
RL- = blue/yellow

And what this means is I think I wired the fronts backward, and would explain why they don't sound any better than stock. I am going to try and surface mount my Kappa tweeters this weekend if there is enough room, so I will fix the wiring then. I think with one of the many mounting options they come with I may be able to get one to work, not the way I wanted to do it but what can ya do. They certainly aren't the nicest looking tweeters I've seen!

thats all correct except for the rear speakers..the right rear is + pink and the - is blue yellow,but what is the right left speaker ?

ndub 10-02-2016 03:42 AM

i have an 07 fit could anyone tell me where the ground is for the stereo and actually also a good place to ground an amp if you know too i would be very thankful