Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Secondary (rear) AUX-IN or other bluetooth solution on 09 Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Secondary (rear) AUX-IN or other bluetooth solution on 09 Fit Sport?

I've been pondering and re-pondering whether to replace the stereo in my 09 Fit Sport with an aftermarket unit, but I think I would only be willing to swap it out if I could find a Nav unit that also does HD radio and Bluetooth A2DP (the latter being the only reason I haven't jumped on some of the sales on the AVIC f700 lately).

In any case, I do have an old Scosche IPBCK kit that receives A2DP and has a 12V car input, but it has RCA out plugs. Does anyone know of a good way to hack the output of this unit into the factory stereo? I see the thread on the previous generation fit units, but I don't think any of that applies here.

Alternatively, has anyone had any luck with any of the parrot kits that include a2dp. It looks to me like each of them has at least one unsightly cable (in addition to the Mic) that has to be run or drilled somewhere.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that if you look at the LCD panel just right, you can see a little bluetooth icon on the factory stereo? I suppose it's too much to believe that an OEM bluetooth kit might be in the works? Either way, I can't imagine it'll be less than $250, so probably not worth it.

Any suggestions or insights would be great. Like I said, I'm happy with the factory stereo, and even like the looks overall, I just use my Centro for EVERYTHING audio related, and really want the a2dp support in my car.

Thanks!