Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/)
-   -   So I have a CD stuck in my dash... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/5839-so-i-have-cd-stuck-my-dash.html)

crozewski 06-05-2006 09:57 AM

So I have a CD stuck in my dash...

Yeah, I have a CD stuck in the player. Anyone else have this problem? It was a standard CD, nothing fancy with paper label or anything. When I hit eject it sounds like it's going to pop out, but nothing happens. Any ideas? I might have to bring this to Honda if I don't get a solution.

aziatiklover 06-05-2006 11:51 AM

I guess u can take it back to the dealership and they will help u out to remove it

sLiVeRwOrM 06-05-2006 01:23 PM

mabye somebody was playing a mean trick on you and put some tape on it or glue.. :( either way id take it to the dealership

dougiepants 06-05-2006 02:22 PM

yeah take it back to the dealer and have them remove it for free...

gsilvers 06-05-2006 02:24 PM

Wow I've never had this on an OEM deck. On panasonic's yes. The solution was to take it apart. In your case dealership it up.

hatchgeek 06-05-2006 09:55 PM

croze, didn't you also have some vandalism problems? Wow, you have not been having a very lucky time of it.

If it happens once chances are it will happen again. I think you should take it in to the dealer.

jake95825 06-09-2006 05:31 PM

Small unlock "hole" ?

Just a thought :confused: I havnt looked at the CD player, but many have a manual "hole", mechanism unlock "thing". You take a paperclip and push it into the hole and it releases the lock mechanism. When I get my car back I will look around. Sometimes the "hole" is hidden on the side. It may not have one though...Did you check the manual to see if there was a manual release?

money_shot 06-14-2006 01:29 AM

that's what a 3 year / 36k mile warranty is fo' y0!!!

fit_4_a_king 06-14-2006 04:58 AM

coins?

My then 2 year old daughter used to love sticking coins in my Element's CD opening...I was lucky that my dealer replaced it twice for me, they found change in it both times!!!

401waterman 06-20-2006 01:37 AM

I had a CD freeze in my stock stereo too. I just used an older CD and jammed it in to stop it from spinnig and it ejected the stuck one right away...

Maybe that'll help

-S

vividjazz 06-20-2006 06:01 AM

Paperclip in the front manual release hole. Same for CDs stuck in computers.

Mugen_Dom 06-20-2006 02:06 PM

On my wife's TL, when a disc got stuck in the in-dash 6cd changer, I had to bang on the side of the centre console and it would eventually be spit out.

Only happened once and since then haven't had any problems!!

Karvin Karl 06-20-2006 02:15 PM

Your freaking me out. The last two rental cars I had, both Civics, had the same problem. I hope it's not a forecast of things to come, or to not-come-out.

revs to 9 11-20-2006 06:39 PM

old thread, but this happened to me the other day. i was pretty confused at first. it was playing but wasn't displaying any info on the screen. i was on the highway so couldn't stop to check it out but after about 25 minutes it eventually spit out. so if you haven't given it enough time, don't panic. of course, that's only my experience.

pokems23 11-21-2006 07:53 PM

This happended to me too last week. I thought I was the only one. Regular MP3 CD without label or scratches. CD got stuck and buttons didn't work except for radio button. I fiddled with the volume dial and CD came out. Weird stuff. I'll take it to the dealership just to check it out anyways.

slowuphill 01-09-2007 06:16 PM

For the first time yesterday, I had the opposite problem in my Sport Fit. The head unit keep saying something like "insert disc" (don't recall what exactly it said), and the motor was running to pull a disc in. Problem is, I wasn't trying to load a disc. I solved the problem for now by simply putting a CD in; when I did that, life was good again. I'm definently going to have the dealer check it out, but it isn't a big enough deal that I'm going to take it in just for that.

Apex77 11-12-2007 02:39 PM

This annoying problem has happened to me this week.

The manual says to take it into the dealer. :(
doubt I have the time to this week