Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Dead pedal ,photos, DIY, answers, questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by ntubeusa
I have them for sale for $18.00 plus Shipping.
Are they metal? And they just attach to the existing pedals, or replace them? VERY interested!

Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned
Yes they are metal and attach to the existing pedals

Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Yellowblanket, could you post some more pics of your pedal setup? Those look sweet!

Originally Posted by ntubeusa
Yes they are metal and attach to the existing pedals
. How would I got about ordering a set?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Question

Hi ntubeusa,
How is the dead pedal set up?
P.s. are you a seller of these pedals or was this a set up you've replaced?
Thanks,
LBW

Old 09-28-2006, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Hello. The pedal set he has is made by nokya. I have the same set in my room but i havnt' had time to install it b/c my dead pedal isn't here yet. You can go on EBAY and just type in "NOKYA PEDAL SET" w/o the quotes and it will pop up. Then just pick ur color choice and MT or AT. Personally i think they are the nicest looking set of pedals for the best price ($30). Of course i got em in anodized blue and AT. Oh and YES it does include the dead pedal so everything will match. That was another reason why i chose this kit.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Looks like that Zeta dead pedal is now available...has anyone given it a try yet? Maybe it's me but it seems to cost an awful lot for what's essentially some stamped metal.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Mine shipped today. If I ever get my car, I may get a chance to try it.

Seeing as it's the only option on the market that I know of, it seems reasonably priced. In a couple years, when there may be 3 or 4 options, you can probably expect a somewhat lower price. It is worth it for me right now, at the current price.

JonasM

Old 10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Remember that the cost is NOT just the stamped metal. Some good skull work went into coming up with the attachment, stiffening, etc. and Zeta deserves a fair payback. I'm tinkering around with adding a drop-in circuit that will provide an interval wiper for the rear wiper. If I do decide to market it, I'm sure not going to sell it for the cost of the circuit board.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Hello - not sure if this is exactly the correct thread for this - but it does involve 'interior' so...

I purchased the 'carpet style' floormats online from H and A accessories..very pleased with service and price. $70 for mats, $9 for shipping (to Missouri). Just wanted to give them a 'go' ... they weren't bogus or anything.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Dead Foot Pedal Installed ! and Two Key Limit ?

After one day of driving with the left foot dead pedal from Zetaproducts.net (tel. 800-688-0221), my left foot now knows what to do instead of just hanging there- it is great. It is made of heavy black metal that is supported directly from the back of the floor. It is rock-steady, in the right place, and at the right angle. I found that the foot-rest worked better for me without the supplied anti-skid tape.

The two bolts that hold the hood release also hold the dead pedal. All you need is a 10 mm wrench with an extender. You do have to remove the driver's side kick panel, and reinstall it (without any cutting). The whole installation shouldn't take more than 10 min. Zeta charges $ 44.95 + $ 5.00 S & H. It is worth every penny!

Having two house locations, and two drivers- we wanted an extra set of two keys (one at each location, just in-case). But Honda does not work that way.

Only TWO keys can be programmed to work the remote door locks per car. However, any number of additional keys will lock and unlock a Fit via the door lock, and they can be programmed (only by a Honda dealer) to run the car(?)

Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor
accupix:

Thank you for the positive comments. Enjoy the drive...

Old 10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
any pics of the dead pedal installed - - thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accupix
After one day of driving with the left foot dead pedal from Zetaproducts.net (tel. 800-688-0221), my left foot now knows what to do instead of just hanging there- it is great. It is made of heavy black metal that is supported directly from the back of the floor. It is rock-steady, in the right place, and at the right angle. I found that the foot-rest worked better for me without the supplied anti-skid tape.

The two bolts that hold the hood release also hold the dead pedal. All you need is a 10 mm wrench with an extender. You do have to remove the driver's side kick panel, and reinstall it (without any cutting). The whole installation shouldn't take more than 10 min. Zeta charges $ 44.95 + $ 5.00 S & H. It is worth every penny!

Having two house locations, and two drivers- we wanted an extra set of two keys (one at each location, just in-case). But Honda does not work that way.

Only TWO keys can be programmed to work the remote door locks per car. However, any number of additional keys will lock and unlock a Fit via the door lock, and they can be programmed (only by a Honda dealer) to run the car(?)
I just purchased two spare keys for my Honda Fit Sport. One has the remote buttons and one without remote buttons. That gives me a total of three remote keys and they all open and lock the doors remotely.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by accupix
Only TWO keys can be programmed to work the remote door locks per car.
The manual says three....

Old 10-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Visit www.zetaproducts.net for pictures.

Originally Posted by Sz28r
any pics of the dead pedal installed - - thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 03:15 PM
? last i was told by my dealer if i ever needed a replacement key made and prgrammed (included teh remote locks/alarm) i just needed the code and put in teh request to have them made....

Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
I put dead foot pedal in my Fit

Old 10-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Pics please! We've all see the Zeta pics, but I wanna see the dead pedal from farther back, and see how it looks with mats installed, etc

Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by htewam
Remember that the cost is NOT just the stamped metal. Some good skull work went into coming up with the attachment, stiffening, etc. and Zeta deserves a fair payback. I'm tinkering around with adding a drop-in circuit that will provide an interval wiper for the rear wiper. If I do decide to market it, I'm sure not going to sell it for the cost of the circuit board.
Understood. Without trying to engage in an unfriendly discussion, one can't expect an immediate and total payback for R&D, although the R&D for a dead pedal can't really be compared to that for an electronic device and the fitment of it to blend with the rest of the control. Actually, an interval circuit isn't all that, if the truth be told (been a design engineer for going on 40 years plus now). However, I and probably no one else would expect that you shouldn't get *some* reimbursment for your design time, which should be amortized over the projected total sales and the calculated price of what the market will sustain. If you haven't previously engaged in a design/fabrication/marketing scenario you'll find that there's much more to it than the idea and the product. Based on the cost of the dead pedal, the center console they (Zeta) sell should retail for $1K or more. I stand behind my statement...the pedal is overpriced. That doesn't mean that I won't purchase one myself eventually....

bob

Old 10-06-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
It's overpriced for me as well and I will probably purchase something similar in the future when they come out to half the price.

Quick Reply: Dead pedal ,photos, DIY, answers, questions