Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Photos & Videos (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/)
-   -   Vid on the new Fit rotating passenger seat (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/20470-vid-new-fit-rotating-passenger-seat.html)

I<3GD3 01-21-2008 05:42 PM

Vid on the new Fit rotating passenger seat

Came upon this video on youtube of the new Fit in japan with optional rotating passenger seat. Normally i wouldn't give much thought on this feature but I do transport my grandmother around and it would be nice to have. Kinda cool. Also if you're just chilling in the parking lot with some friends, you can sit sideways. haha

YouTube - 113 071108 TMS07 HONDA FIT Passenger's seat rotation option

TOOL 01-21-2008 05:54 PM

Wow lol...
How many old people do they really think are going to buy a Fit? If it was power it would be much cooler...

Tyler

towelie 01-21-2008 05:55 PM

dam baller technology just keeps making people more and more lazy. now you dont even have to step into you car lol

Raaaaaaaaaay. 01-21-2008 05:56 PM

Thats pretty awesome for people doing wheelchair transfers. Makes it a lot more easier.
Thats what I do right now. Make cars accessible for wheelchair peoples.

ilovemyGD3 01-21-2008 05:57 PM

damn, that's pretty cool! honda is pretty smart to create stuff like this! but i really wouldn't have much use of the rotating seat. maybe if i was older!

Slimjimx701x 01-21-2008 06:01 PM

Sorry, but i got to say this. IT THE NEW "DIRTY MODE" :D

SD_MR_FIT 01-21-2008 06:20 PM

haha.. i thought this was alright. unless its electronic and with a flip of a switch or something then its alright.

Illusive 01-21-2008 06:24 PM

Damn that would be nice for my Bride seat hahaha...I crush my crotch everytime I have to crawl out of the 1.5 ft opening the door makes when I'm parked in the garage hahaha :p

los_creeper 01-21-2008 06:35 PM

sonny, come out to laguna hills where i live and i think 99% of the 2 fits i see a week are old geezers. that's why i never post in the sighting thread cuz it's always old people. ghey.

wpgfit 01-21-2008 06:44 PM

a lot of fits around here are driven by older people

fonedon 01-21-2008 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wpgfit (Post 224522)
a lot of fits around here are driven by older people

Watch it...I resemble that remark!

osborne 01-21-2008 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by los_creeper (Post 224517)
sonny, come out to laguna hills where i live and i think 99% of the 2 fits i see a week are old geezers. that's why i never post in the sighting thread cuz it's always old people. ghey.

+1 for the Tampa Bay area. Nothing but old women hugging the steering wheel.

manxman 01-21-2008 08:43 PM

Nothing new- I had a Chevrolet coupe, as a company car, that I inherited from another employee who specified the swivel drivers seat, back in 1975.

Fitftw 01-21-2008 09:04 PM

woo hooo another reason for old people to drive this car lol. ugh to many elders driving these cars man. I guess its not that bad they do but still. As far as seats go, i'd totally use em if i didnt have to reach down to turn the thing.

I<3GD3 01-21-2008 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fitftw (Post 224591)
woo hooo another reason for old people to drive this car lol. ugh to many elders driving these cars man. I guess its not that bad they do but still. As far as seats go, i'd totally use em if i didnt have to reach down to turn the thing.

you know honestly i would rather see older people driving small cars instead of enormous Cadillacs that pretty much doubles as a lazyboy couch/tanks. Safer for the rest of us.

Fitftw 01-21-2008 10:03 PM

i totally agree with you. I'd just rather have older people drive like Yaris' and Versas and stuff like that. And if there are any older people on these boards, sorry if im coming off as some kinda old people hater. I'm not =]

Snap Fit 01-21-2008 10:07 PM

OMG !!! that's Brilliant!!!!:eek: but very simple...just how I like it!

there are so many older folks who drive Fits out here (at least half from what I have seen) and this could be very useful. Heck it would be easier for me to transport my mom and g-ma when I need to or if we just want to hang out...this is great. I have had a few injuries in my life (including the one I have now) and this would have been fantastic for that, as it was excruciating getting in and out of vehicles:( .

I truly can't believe that more cars (especially larger vehicles) dont have this option from the dealer:confused: .
Absolutely fantastic...I didnt thinkt the Fit could be more versatile:D

I<3GD3 01-21-2008 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fitftw (Post 224627)
i totally agree with you. I'd just rather have older people drive like Yaris' and Versas and stuff like that. And if there are any older people on these boards, sorry if im coming off as some kinda old people hater. I'm not =]

If you've seen Top Gear Season 6 Episode 4, the mothers of Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond all tested 3 cars of the same class and price range of which one of them was the Jazz. And they all liked the Jazz. If you watch it, you get an idea why Seniors like the Jazz/Fit.

Top Gear
Part 1
Part 2

Mugen_Dom 01-22-2008 01:24 AM

That's actually an option in Japan for the G1 Fits as well.

los_creeper 01-22-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by I<3GD3 (Post 224648)
If you've seen Top Gear Season 6 Episode 4, the mothers of Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond all tested 3 cars of the same class and price range of which one of them was the Jazz. And they all liked the Jazz. If you watch it, you get an idea why Seniors like the Jazz/Fit.

Top Gear
Part 1
Part 2

i'd like to say that if you ran the same comparison test with 3 university students they would all pick the jazz as well... but, more than likely you'd get three different answers. the wanna be cool guy would like the renault just cuz it goes a lil bit faster, the geek/nerd boy would pick the peugeot cuz of the doors, and then the smart kid would go for the jazz cuz it's better overall.