Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Show me: What can you fit in your Fit?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
HID Addict
y dont u go to a dealer, and ask to see the cargo space, im sure they will be glad to show you since dealers want to "amaze" people with the fits cargo space

Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Two sets of pictures so far... anybody else?

Pictures with at least one rear seat up would be deeply appreciated!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
3000+ Mile Road Trip, a little over half loaded with baby seat installed too
Basic mobile detailing supplys/tools, This is what it would look like for a smaller detail job, Anything larger i would have 2 of those yellow boxes and a 3 more buckets, and a carpet extractor
the main reason i dont get door dings...

Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 PM
no one else has any replys? i wanted to see some more fit'ments

or at least throw me my first rep point lol

Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
I got 14 8' 2x4's in... Picked up some wood today

Old 10-24-2008, 04:58 AM
Lumber, and rep points

Thanks for those photo sets - that is the sort of thing I'm hoping for. I've seen the original Honda ads with the alpaca, the surfboard, and the "Honda Dog" in the car, and the first thing I saw that got me interested in the car was a photo of a tandem bicycle in the car - neither here nor on a Honda web site, that one - but no child seats and up until now no lumber, both of which I've already had to transport in my '03 Civic. And I mean, doesn't the name imply not just that the car will fit into a tight space, but that a lot of people/stuff should fit in the car? Call me naive, but...

And on that subject: ok, so I just now figured out how rep points work on this site, although maybe you have to have 'em before you can give 'em? IMO the post deserved 'em before you asked; in fact I wouldn't mind more on the theme, particularly with the child seat; maybe from the side....

And should I be worried that the ad copy for the '09 Fit says long mode works for items up to 7'9", where the copy for the '08 Fit said 7'10"? Looks like that 8' lumber didn't have that much extra room in the latter, and I gather the '07/'08 Fit lacks a way of lashing the hatchback 'mostly' closed for transporting long stuff hanging out the back, and of course no Fit has an openable rear glass, unlike say the Matrix. I've helped friends load SUVs through the back glass to get more stuff in the cargo area and wonder whether a cargo net's always enough to prevent avalanches in the Fit's cargo area when stacking that second layer of shopping bags on top...

Last edited by tcdonaghey; 10-24-2008 at 05:02 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Also keep in mind from what i heard the 09 doesn't have the refresh mode so the timber woulnd't have fit in an 09 only in the 07-08

Old 10-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, I'm not sure exactly what that means here though. Other people who have '09 Fits have tried to attain refresh mode and (it sounds like) come frustratingly close to being able to recline the front seats all the way - which suggests that the effect on lumber might be simply to raise it a few inches in the front seat area.

The '09 Fit still claims a "long mode" with 7'9" of linear space, but the only photo on the Honda web site shows a surfboard whose front edge seems to hover over the front seat's lower cushion, as though it's being pushed up those few inches I'm hypothesizing. Maybe more photos about this would be useful?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I have an 09 and still can't figure out the Refresh Mode (mind you, it isn't advertised as a Magic Seat option for the 09).

But, We are easily able to fit a standard sized Wheelchair in the back of the fit without folding any seats, even with the back seats reclined. Now, we did take off the foot rests for ease, and the wheelchair did obstruct some of one side of the back window, but the side mirrors are so good it wasn't a concern.

I will ask my fiance if we can 'tear-down' his drum set and load it up in the fit. I know next week he has a show, so we will be doing that for sure - so if you don't mind the wait, I can get a picture of a whole drum set in there.

As someone else mentioned, with the 60/40 option, you could still put the '40' portion down to fit those huge strollers they now make, and still have baby-anchors for the car seat on the other seating options.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CathFach724
I have an 09 and still can't figure out the Refresh Mode (mind you, it isn't advertised as a Magic Seat option for the 09).
There is no refresh mode in the 09 Fits, so if you try it the passenger seat will have a slight "hump", as opposed to being flush. They made the USDM Fit seats a few inches larger for more comfort for us Americans.

Supposedly if you can buy/import the JDM seats they are smaller, and will fit on the stock rails (no major mod required), so its just a simple seat switch. That will allow for refresh mode. Check with JDM_DOHC_SiR on the details.

I will eventually look into doing this mod for the right side (passenger). I rarely will need that much extra space, but when I do large gigs, it will come in handy.
With regards to a drum set, you should have absolutely no problem fitting everything in. In my old Integra hatchbacks, I've fit most my equip, speakers, amp racks, record crates, coffins and all (no passenger though.), and the FIT has significantly more space.

On my first gig with the new car I will post up pics, as I know it will be full to the roof. I'm also curious as to how much I can fit in the new FIT.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tcdonaghey
Two sets of pictures so far... anybody else?

Pictures with at least one rear seat up would be deeply appreciated!
Do a search

There are already multiple threads on this.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I looked at most of 'em over the summer, but that was before the '09 models came out (which is pretty much what's available in Boston right now) and not necessarily applicable. Besides which, few photos show rear seats up and stuff loaded behind (there's a nice one of Chinese takeout cartons loaded in the back of a delivery Fit, but that's the only one that I can recall at the moment), and I don't think I've seen a baby seat in a Fit in any photos. (I don't know, for instance, whether my 'dream' of having a baby seat installed in the 40 split rear seat so the 60 can fold up or down is realistic.)

Feel free to post links, though! I'm sure it's possible I've missed something.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by tcdonaghey
I don't know, for instance, whether my 'dream' of having a baby seat installed in the 40 split rear seat so the 60 can fold up or down is realistic.
There are these nifty slits at the base of the backrest on the back seats for baby car seats, as well as different anchoring systems for the straps. I think they designed the baby options for the various types of car seats, as well as when the kid gets older and needs the booster seat. I know these options are on the main seats on either side, not sure about the smaller center seat on the '60'. But, there is a 'baby anchor' in the center at the back of the roof for one of the hooks. So yes, you will be able to put a baby car seat in the 40 portion and fold the 60 down. I haven't had to use this feature yet, but this car was purchased as a 'future family car' because the 2004 Dodge Ram just doesn't scream family vehicle to me!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
OK my Fit is not packed but this is what it does on the weekend at Wal-Mart!

Cat :x

Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
it spends a whole weekend at walmart :O

Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
i had a 75 gallon fish tank and the wood cabinet it sits on both in the back of my car with both seats down and the fronts moved up.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
it spends a whole weekend at walmart :O

Not exactly just a few hours on Saturday morning.

Cat :x

Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah i figured i was just joshin ya

Old 11-13-2008, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Out with the old..

In with the new!!

remember to use protection with your Fit

Old 11-13-2008, 06:18 AM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00
Out with the old..

In with the new!!

remember to use protection with your Fit
thats is one big mutha fu-bleep- hey what did the penis say to the condom? "Cover me im going in"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me: What can you fit in your Fit?