Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My CBP Sport 2012 and mod list w/ Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM
I there where can i find the red "H" emblems

Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Victor Rosas
I there where can i find the red "H" emblems
The links are in post on page 2 of my thread.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Got my first oil change yesterday.

I also got a "nice Fit" from the techs in the bays...kinda made my day!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Are you sure your fit didn't come with a jack? I have the tire kit too (2012 lx), and found a jack hidden away under the styrofoam tray thing. It was kinda tucked away under the very rear of the trunk space.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by connor55
Are you sure your fit didn't come with a jack? I have the tire kit too (2012 lx), and found a jack hidden away under the styrofoam tray thing. It was kinda tucked away under the very rear of the trunk space.
Well then....let me run out to the car!!!! I'm gonna be a little red faced if I find it

Old 08-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Well then....let me run out to the car!!!! I'm gonna be a little red faced if I find it
Yeeeap!!! Found it.....

Thanks Connor. +rep.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I had trouble finding mine, did find the tow hook and lug wrench by accident under the back passenger side floor mat when I was vacuuming the car. So the standard splash guards do fit is it just the front on the Sport that do not fit?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
I had trouble finding mine, did find the tow hook and lug wrench by accident under the back passenger side floor mat when I was vacuuming the car. So the standard splash guards do fit is it just the front on the Sport that do not fit?
Yes that is correct they will not fit in the front because of the side skirts.

I`ve got mine in the back and I like the beefier look in that area now. Except it makes my 185 /55 R16 tires look really puny...from the back. I will upgrade to 205 or even 215's when the threads wear thin.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
It is too bad they do not sell the front and backs separate like for my Miata, rather then buy a complete set.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I bought mine separate. Just go to the dealer with part numbers in hand.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Spoon Sport parts "IN"

I have decided to outFIT my car with Spoon Sports parts. My budget is around 6k but I can go as high as 7k.

Yes I understand that there are cheaper options but why not go with quality?

I have a GE8 (2012 Sport)

I have contacted the official Canadian supplier and asked for a complete list of Spoon Sport parts they either have on hand or can order from Japan. Next week I should be getting an answer.

Feel free to comment on my below choices and if I am missing anything usually available from Spoon Sports.

My short list includes:

1-The front stabilizer bar (will this add/interfere with my progress RSB?)

2- Complete brake upgrade:

a: What rotors are recommended? I am assuming they make the calipers / pads and brake lines..

b. Will this fit with my OEM sport wheels? meaning is there enough room to accommodate these breaks?

c: What about the rear drum brakes...leave them OEM I suppose?

3- Rigid Collar (someone explain what this does for that kind of money)

4- Spoon Blue Wide Rear View Mirror Lens. ( The side mirrors are almost $1000 and would take too much away from my budget for now)

5- Spoon N1 muffler. I am sure there are all kinds for sale but am looking for a new one. Sorry guys.

6- Spoon progressive springs.

7- Spoon rear spoiler

8- Spoon throttle body

9- Spoon Valve cover.

10 - Spoon radiator cap and one sock for my AT brake fluid reservoir.

11 - Spoon engine dress-up. I mean the radiator hoses. ( I also need a recommendation to replace the fitting on my CAI...They will need to be blue. I need a supplier that manufactures blue rubber fittings. The Spoon valve cover is yellow or red...but I will be getting that sucker painted Spoon blue)

Comments always appreciated.

Last question. I am planning on putting one Spoon Sport decal on my CBP Fit. Which one and where?

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I have taken 20 minutes outside with my Fit to consider some of your suggestions:

Here goes. Give it to me if I am on the wrong track.

1- Front stabilizer bar. I will contact Spoon Sports directly and ask them if I should keep the Progress RSB or ditch it all together.

2- Brakes. Kinda makes sense to ditch the brakes since this is not a race car. I will get my OEM front calipers and rear drums painted Spoon Blue.

This will free up money to purchase the Spoon Coilovers and this way I can get my four corners balanced. (hoping I am using the right terms....I am sure you get the meaning...) This will mean getting RCA's and LCA's. So be it.

3- Rigid Collars- are meant to keep the car stiff. Supposedly after time the car gets loosy goosy....this is my understanding of what they do. (In my technical terms)

4- My OEM antenna is gone. I have a nice Shark Fin. See my pics in my sig thread.

PS I did see the Spoon antenna and I like my Fin better. So be it.

5- Spoon Throttle Body. I will contact Spoon Sports directly and ask.

6- Spoon Valve cover. Bling. Yes. I deserve it. I will be getting that sucker painted Spoon Blue. Because I WANT IT.

7- I am leaning towards a crane decal in silver/chrome to match my I-VTEC SOHC one on my rear doors. The orange would not look good on my RS red inspired FIT. I have red H's front and back plus RS front and back. And of course my ninja death star on my steering wheel. I am seriously considering putting everything back stock and getting Spoon Blue inserts for them all.

The crane would be subtle. The word SPOON on the car would mean nothing to the uninitiated...and therefore will not be putting that on. Still I get your point that the Orange Type One makes it legit...Torn. Very torn.

Mike my good man I am an AT kind of guy sorry. I realize that this is piss poor but it is who I am.

Now 15's? on a 2012 Sport with such a beefy front end? Really? 15's look completely appropriate on a GD. On mine? no way.

Besides even with an unlimited budget I would stick with my OEM Sport 16's. I honestly haven't found better looking to me.

Edit: re-read last part of post. Meaning with the Spoon coilovers would almost require a 15' rim to compensate for the drop? 16's wouldn't work? I will ask Spoon Sports about this as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Yeeeap!!! Found it.....

Thanks Connor. +rep.
Glad you found it! And thanks for my first rep

I thought mine didn't come with one either, but I found it by accident while vacuuming!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator
i was looking around autostyle-usa.com, and i when i saw this, i remembered your dog pics! figured you can use one =p

FIT SHUTTLE Specialty Parts Online Shop - Auto-Style USA - Japan Car Parts JDM Parts

$367 with shipping. LOL

Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
I installed the front sway bar on my wife's fit a few weeks ago, I haven't got to really drive it. I will be driving it for a little while tomorrow, I'll try to explain how it feels.

As for the valve cover why blue? Spoon does they Valve covers in Yellow and J's racing in Blue.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 AM
I am actually getting a bit pissed off at this Spoon project. I've contacted a number of online distributors and I keep getting disapointing answers from them. Heck the official distributor here in Canada tried to sell me a completely different line of products (their own) after I sent them a very comprehensive email about my plans for my Spoon inspired Fit.

I have never modified a car like this so I need all kinds of advice on not just the parts to order but any other extra's I need to make it all work. I am not looking for someone to hold my hand through this process but they made it very clear that they were not very enthusiastic to work with me at all.

I asked a very basic question to them all: What do you have in stock and/or what can you order from Spoon Sports that would fit on my 2012 Sport and please send me a price list. Sounds fairly basic to me. Not one was able to provide this basic info.

But I do have an appointment with a local shop here in Montreal next week and hopefully they will be excited about this project and if they are then they will get my money.

I associate the colour blue with Spoon Sports but I am sure yellow would be fine by me.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Two part polish
One part sealer
One part Wax
Polished all my windows
Polished all my plastics (visors , lights, deflector)

6 hours later

This guy was a real pro. I am very happy with this little treat I provided to my Fit.
He put the Crystal back into CBP. No more swirley's.....

Take note of the intensity of the sunlight on the wheels and rims. Puts the results in perspective...Sorry I'm not a better shutterbug!

Name:  DSCF0003-1.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  369.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0004-1.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  244.9 KB

Name:  DSCF0005-1.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  272.0 KB

Name:  DSCF0006-1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  275.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0007-1.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  266.7 KB

Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
very nice. how much did this detail job cost u?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:00 PM
With tip: $280

I told him I would contact him again in 6 months. He chuckled and said " no no no I only use a good quality sealer. If you wash your car carefully it will last a good 9 months."

I was happy with that.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
I'd just give him a call each year after winter.

Quick Reply: My CBP Sport 2012 and mod list w/ Pictures