Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

GD3 - Project Daily

Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by argon
I've always loved the series for their vast selections of Japanese cars but now it's only limited to roughly 150 cars and not a single Fit in sight. i guess i'll stick with Gran tursmo 6 for now
huh that's a shame. Japanese cars are such a treat for the eyes. In this case Gran Turismo 6 is a great choice

Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by argon
i ordered the Aoshima Volk wheels from Amazon. i chose the TE37 Gravel as it's the only one which is available in small diameter = 16inch scale.

https://www.amazon.com/Qingdao-cultu...7759847&sr=8-3
Thanks. managed to get a set for myself. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Both versions of your car are looking great.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by geopat
Thanks. managed to get a set for myself. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Both versions of your car are looking great.
sweet! please upload some photos as well once done

Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 PM

Bought a pair of yellow LED fog light bulbs online. they look great, fingers crossed they will last.

Old

New

Last edited by argon; 10-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:21 AM
One thing i don't like with the facelift bumper is the lack of front lip options. there are a few versions from Mugen and Modulo but they don't fit the look I'm going for. after hours of browsing JDM GD3 online i decided to go for the zenki bumper with the factory lip option. i found one from a local japanese importer but it's with different color so i got it disassembled and painted.

after 2 cans of perseus blue paint and 1 can of 2k clear coat below is the output.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:17 AM
Just more random photos

Old 12-16-2017, 03:32 PM
The inevitable just happened. i really love these SW388/regamaster wheels as they're light AF. but the paper thin construction i guess is not really suited for extended road use.

i now have a set rota slipstream as a replacement

Back to Spoon look

Old 12-20-2017, 02:51 AM
Just more random shots

Old 12-20-2017, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good. I've always been a fan of that wheel. If my miata wheels weren't so damn light I would probably switch to the rotas.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:45 AM
The long holidays gave me some time to work on my Fit. I'm intermittently experiencing misfires so i bought a set of NGK iridium spark plugs. have replaced oil and filter as well.

I've spent some time detailing the whole car also including interior and wheel wells

I also got some fresh JDM bits from Christmas

and of course an obligatory photo shoot after all the effort

Old 01-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Last week I went for a drive to the nearest beach from my place and on my way home I took the scenic route with plenty of curves and blind spots. unfortunately, on one of the corners there's a pile of boulders in the middle of the road which i wasn't able to see in advance. as my car is sitting quite low on the ground the underbody took all the beating. i stopped on a safe location and did a quick inspection. front bumper/lip is still in one piece and no immediate leak was found. although all looks ok, from the sound of the impact, i already know that something broke. i was ten minutes away from home so i took my chance and still drove the car. i immediately jacked the car up after arriving to my garage and on closer inspection there's plenty of coolant splashed on the under tray of the car. i found no dent on the bottom radiator support but the bump from the boulders might be enough to crack the radiator.

it took me a while to replace the radiator as it appears the front end of JDM GD3 has extra fixed bracing which blocks radiator access and all the instructions from internet forums and Hayne's manual doesn't apply. the only way to access the radiator is from the tight space between the AC condenser and the fixed bulkhead

While everything is open I took the opportunity to install my new LED H4 bulb. i wasn't able to do a proper research before purchasing these set of LEDs. im happy with it but one thing I didn't anticipated is the cooling fan on the heatsink - since it has moving parts i don't know how long it will last

now this thing is back on the road again. cooling system has been fixed and new lights installed. i know it's not best to demonstrate new LED lights on day light but this is all the photo i have at the moment. will try to upload a comparison photo between mine and my brothers GD3 with factory equipped HID next time

Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry about your bad luck, but glad you got it sorted out!

Old 01-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Sorry about your bad luck, but glad you got it sorted out!
Thanks! on the bright side, fixing my GD3 serves as a good teardown exercise for me.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Getting back to the LED headlight conversion kit, below is a side by side comparison against an HID factory equipped GD3. personally, i find the LED lights look much better though in terms of beam pattern it appears HID has a wider spread which I guess equates to better visibility

Left = factory HID
Right = LED conversion kit

Low beam

High Beam

Old 05-23-2018, 03:14 AM
Just more random shots with fresh Spoon inspired decals

Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 AM
I found a Mugen stainless exhaust today from a local dismantler, it was a bit rough and have scratches at the belly but not too bad. I gave it a quick polish, used 800 grit wet sandpaper and finished it off with metal polish. the stainless muffler is smaller compared to stock but it is heavier. i wasn't able to measure it's weight but i would say it's 50% much heavier. bit disappointed on that part as i was expecting it would be lighter. but once i installed it, im pretty pleased with it. i really liked the sound, it's not much louder compared to stock muffler, what it does is it emphasize the lower notes of the exhaust. below are some before and after photos

Last edited by argon; 07-21-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
that exhaust is lookin good!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Car looks awesome. Definitely one of my favorite builds on the forum.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
that exhaust is lookin good!
Originally Posted by Fit10
Car looks awesome. Definitely one of my favorite builds on the forum.
Thanks guys!

Old 07-21-2018, 12:46 AM
I've been doing a lot of long out of town drives lately and I've now come to my senses that my suspension setup is not ideal anymore. I really love how my Fit handles with the BC coilovers but on my long drives where I have to use the not-so-smooth state highways the stiff suspension becomes tiring, and the vibration really drives me nuts - even on the softest setting. I've decided to remove my adjustable coilover and switch to a lowering spring. I've found a set of RS-R springs from a local dismantler and attached it to my stock damper. Since I'm not going to slam the car to the ground anymore I've opted a bigger set of wheels - this is just a personal preference, i love 15" when slammed and 16" if going for a conservative drop. i was able to score a set of BuddyClub P1 16x7 et35 not in best condition though. here's how she looks - for now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GD3 - Project Daily