Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

STRUT BARS, rear, front, upper lower questions and answers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi, Bro

we don't make the Front Anti Roll Bar for Honda GE Fit. We have Front Strut Bar, Front Lower Arm Bar, Front Lower Tie Bar, Middle Lower Tie Bar, Rear Anti Roll Bar, Room Bar, Rear Upper Strut Bar, Rear Strut Bar for this car models. For more information, please visit our website at:
www.e-revmotorsports.com.sg

Thanks and have a nice day

Regards
Richard

Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure but this may have been covered in here already, why won't cusco jdm bars fit us cars?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
I can only talk from my experience (and I may be wrong). I have the progress one (rear sway bar) and it's the best modification on eliminating understeer (without disconecting the front one) that I can think of.

Actually I wouldn't put a Bigger/stronger one at the fron as I think it may offset the rear one effect.

Now if some rich guy want to give away free coil overs........

....that would round the package.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I just received an email from carbing about suspension bars for the GD3 here is what they told me.

Thank you for your inquiry, please accept our sincere apologies for the
delayed reply.

One of the companies we provide distribution for, Carbing Japan, does offer
strut tower bars and lower arm bars for the GD3 Fit although these
components are intended for use with right hand drive vehicles.

The strut tower bar is not compatible with US spec cars due to the opposite
configuration of the brake master cylinder, and the lower arm bar has never
been tested to determine compliance.

As a result, fitment cannot be guaranteed with installation and use at your
discretion. A photo of the lower arm bar has been provided for your
consideration, with part number and pricing details below.

Application: JDM Spec RHD Honda Fit GD3

- Carbing Lower Arm Bar - Part # CA 680 220 0 - MSRP $100.00

Please contact us at your convenience if you have any additional questions
or concerns.

Best Regards,

TEIN Sales Team

Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Lek
STRUT BARS = business = money.

They look good, that's it, but no one can see them. Wow! look what I've got.

They don't help that much unless your on the track, where seconds count.

Last edited by Lek; 11-02-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
STRUT BARS = business = money. They look good, that's it.

They don't help that much unless your on the track.
That's not even necessarily true. There is no hard data showing any of this does any good (on the Fit) on the street or track.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Strut Bar Installed

I got this second hand. There's no company logo anywhere on the bar, so my guess is it's an Ebay product. I know a lot of you say they are useless and I'm not the best at being able to 'feel' a difference in performance. I know I didn't notice a gain when I installed my intake or when I installed my exhaust. But, it seems to me the rear doesn't lean as much through turns. Maybe it's all in my head, but regardless I love the look. And if I ever need the cargo room I can just remove the bar from the brackets and hide it somewhere. Now my only problem is telling my wife about the mod, lol.

Name:  IMG_0763.jpg
Views: 2233
Size:  36.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0768.jpg
Views: 3142
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0765.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  47.7 KB

Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
anyone know about Speedtech strut bracing? its a Fit kit that consists of front upper and lower struts, front chassis H brace, rear upper strut and a pair of lower rod bars according to my parts supplier...

Any info on it would be appreciated as Im struggling to find anything on google...oops.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
did you know there is an epic GB for Fit (GD and GE) Chassis Brace sets right now.....

if interested you should check this out!

GB: Tiger Tuning KMR Fit Chassis Brace Sets!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Uh, did you know there hasn't been a new comment in nearly three months before you posted?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Lek
If you really want to make a difference, check out this Chassi Rigid Collar Kit from Spoon.

YouTube - Rigid Collar - Spoon Sports Europe - English Version

Look at how much free play between bolt and bolt hole. So, it doesn't matter how much you stiffen your suspension with SBs, coilovers etc. This area will always flex under pressure. Simple solution rigid collars.

http://spoon-mechanic.seesaa.net/upl...nail2.jpg.html

It's not how they look, it's how they perform and easy to fit. It's like tightning the foundations of your house. Then you can use braces and coilovers to do the rest.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-subfra...llar-kit-63116

Last edited by Lek; 02-24-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Question T1R Carbon Fiber Rear Strut Bar Help

T1R Carbon Fiber Rear Strut Bar....I am trying to remove the screw on top of the strut using an allen wrench in the screw thread and a 14mm wrench. Neiher one will budge. I even connected my hydraulic jack handle to the end of the allen wrench for leverage and nothing. Bent the damn jack handle. Whole thing spins or nothing moves. Any ideas?

Is this threaded the opposite way? I don't think an impact wrench will help because you have to hold the allen wrench on top of the screw and can not get a socket on it. Thanks in advance for any ideas to help. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Has anyone tried Tanabe's under brace? I'm trying to find reviews for it but the front and rear strut bar threads keep coming up.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
Does the strut bar actually mount on the strut?

I'm interested in getting the tanabe front strut bar and I've seen some pictures of it installed on the fit on this site and yet I don't recall if the bar actually mounts onto the the top of the struts on either side. As far as I can see it looks like it mounts below the strut tower nut. Am I wrong? Is there an actual video on how to install the front strut bar?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Banned
They all mount to the top of the sheetmetal strut tower not to the top of the strut.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitzeek
Has anyone tried Tanabe's under brace? I'm trying to find reviews for it but the front and rear strut bar threads keep coming up.
wondering the same thing. found one on ebay for pretty cheap. Might just try it since it's less than 90 shipped.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:45 PM
2008 fit sport

I baught a dme front upper strut bar for my 2008 fit sport for some reason i cant
Figure put where to hook it up. I cant find where to bold it on. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ej2008fit
I baught a dme front upper strut bar for my 2008 fit sport for some reason i cant
Figure put where to hook it up. I cant find where to bold it on. Can anyone help please? Thanks
by now you probably have the DME front upper bar on right??? Shouldn't be that hard. I just recently bought the DME rear upper bar for my 07 Fit sport. When I use to have my 98 ex civic coupe, I had the front upper, rear upper, C-pillar bar and rear lower bar. Lowered on Neuspeed race yellow springs and tokico blue shocks. Before all the bars, it rode smooth and good but after installing all the bars, I did noticed the car handling tightly and the car did not lean so much. So for of my knowledge of strut bars, yes, it does work. Never had sway bars before but I;m pretty sure they do work. So my knowledge on bars for the GD, I'm saying the front upper, front lower, rear upper and sway bars should work. The C pillar bar for the GD, not so sure. I had the C pillar bar before on my 08 Fit, didn't notice any difference but it did make a good use hanging up my clothes from the cleaners. heheheh I'll be looking into tanabe front lower bar and if i can find an X bar I'll get that to but that thing is hard to find.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:23 PM
I've been a fan of UR bars (Ultra Racing) n I'm glad they make em for the 07 Honda Fit.. hopefully I'll be installing a set for wifeys Fit