Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/)
-   -   squeking coming from rear? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/25500-squeking-coming-rear.html)

mikow 05-19-2008 10:51 AM

squeking coming from rear?

ok so i just installed the skunk 2 springs and progress rear sway.

there is a loud squeking noise coming from the rear.

i think it's from the rear sway?

is this normal?

and the ride is very bumpy.

my mom was like hella mad cause she was like "it's a new car, and it doesn't even feel like a new car anymore!"

damn dude, what should i do?

GD3-Fit 05-19-2008 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mikow (Post 312772)
ok so i just installed the skunk 2 springs and progress rear sway.

there is a loud squeking noise coming from the rear.

i think it's from the rear sway?

is this normal?

and the ride is very bumpy.

my mom was like hella mad cause she was like "it's a new car, and it doesn't even feel like a new car anymore!"

damn dude, what should i do?

I think it's due to the fact that skunk 2 springs are stiffer than the stock springs so it will be more bumpy.
and the rear sway helps keep the rear end more stiff also

as far as the squeaking, since you just put your springs on mine squeaked for a week or two and it went away.

maybe someone else can chime in. :popc:

-Ricky

mikow 05-19-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit (Post 312777)
I think it's due to the fact that skunk 2 springs are stiffer than the stock springs so it will be more bumpy.
and the rear sway helps keep the rear end more stiff also

as far as the squeaking, since you just put your springs on mine squeaked for a week or two and it went away.

maybe someone else can chime in. :popc:

-Ricky

oh ok, well i'll see if it squeeks still in a week or two and get back on this matter

thanks

-Mike

jeffquach 05-19-2008 01:09 PM

are you using the bolts supplied by progress? the bolts are probably making your springs rub against the spring carrier wall. you will need smaller bolts.

Upgraded Hardware Kit for Progress Rear Sway Bar

EDIT : i think kelsodeez grinded his progress bolts...that's another solution as well.

SpoonSportFit 05-19-2008 01:25 PM

yea if it doesn't go away you might want to check out your springs i heard some cases that people install the spring upside down and it squeaks until they reinstall it

mikow 05-19-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit (Post 312901)
yea if it doesn't go away you might want to check out your springs i heard some cases that people install the spring upside down and it squeaks until they reinstall it

well at first my boy installed the passenger side rear upside down.. but i fixed that.. and it's still squeaking hella loud.

so you think it's the springs?

well let me give it a week and let me get back to you guys on this

mikow 05-19-2008 02:12 PM

ok guys, just went out for my break and checked out my suspension again.

it looks like the right passenger side rear that we re-installed yesterday is good. (that's why the squeaking was less when we did this)

but the other side rear drivers side, i can see the spring rubbing against the wall and scratching the spring. and i think that's what's causing the squeeking noise..

i guess i will try to fix this with my dad when i get home from work.

it's gonna be hard to take off the bolt though because my boy that installed the springs torqued it down too much.

yesterday when we were re-installing the passenger side rear we had a hard time taking the bolt off.

geez.. problems problems problems problems!

i'll let you know if the squeeking stops guys

thanks,

Mike

solbrothers 05-19-2008 09:06 PM

ive tried grinded bolts and even replaced teh bolts with some other bolts that were WAY thinner, and still have squeeking issues.

btw, teh swaybar won't make your rider bouncy at all. it doesn't affect the motion of the suspension front to back, only side to side

doctordoom 05-20-2008 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 313301)
btw, teh swaybar won't make your rider bouncy at all. it doesn't affect the motion of the suspension front to back, only side to side

a bump that would normally only be felt on the left rear wheel will be felt more strongly on the right rear wheel if you have the rear sway bar. i would classify that as something that affects the ride.