Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/)
-   -   what shocks/struts to go with skunk2 springs? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/33549-what-shocks-struts-go-skunk2-springs.html)

dewthedew 10-26-2008 09:39 PM

what shocks/struts to go with skunk2 springs?

id like them to be adjustable i cant really find anything for some reason .. guess im looking in the wrong places.. what is a good combo for the skunk2 springs?

kylerwho 10-26-2008 09:54 PM

im running the skunk springs and would like to know a good strut too. would the t1r work?

dewthedew 10-27-2008 12:23 PM

id like something more affordable

Tofuman 10-27-2008 12:31 PM

T1R would probably be good. Tokico is releasing their D-Specs next month I believe, those would work well too.

dewthedew 10-27-2008 01:00 PM

what other options are there

trancedsailor 10-27-2008 02:13 PM

Not many. I'd wait for Tokico's

AnlDyxp_GD3 10-27-2008 02:53 PM

I read somewhere on the forum that tokico has one but theyre nothing but good oem replacements. like tofuman said you might want to wait for the D-specs, and T1R has some coming out soon. Or you could go with JDM ones but i beleive some modding has to be done to the struts to make them fit. I'm waiting for some good ones to come out as well:)

dewthedew 11-02-2008 08:22 PM

so a lot of people must be running aftermarket springs with oem shocks?

trancedsailor 11-02-2008 08:23 PM

yep 99% of us

just go for coilovers if you're weary about stock struts with aftermarket springs...

amelsportfit 11-20-2008 10:09 AM

argh.. i'm scared to install my skunk2 springs with my oem shocks because of the saying "THESE SPRINGS BLOW YOUR STRUTS!" and i drive long distance evryday too.. i've seen a fit on my place lowered with S2s and it was bouncy on bumps..

amelsportfit 11-20-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 472556)
im running the skunk springs and would like to know a good strut too. would the t1r work?

is your car bouncy? what bout your shocks are they still ok? how long do do you have them so far?:)

AnlDyxp_GD3 11-20-2008 11:32 AM

I run stock struts with tanabe GFs and it rides fine. I've heard that the Skunk springs are bouncy to begin with. Just be prepared to buy some shocks in the future.

amelsportfit 11-20-2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3 (Post 498733)
I run stock struts with tanabe GFs and it rides fine. I've heard that the Skunk springs are bouncy to begin with. Just be prepared to buy some shocks in the future.

arghh.. i hate that part "Just be prepared to buy some shocks in the future"hahaha i think ill just sell them and save for the pro-c...

AnlDyxp_GD3 11-20-2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by amelsportfit (Post 498752)
arghh.. i hate that part "Just be prepared to buy some shocks in the future"hahaha i think ill just sell them and save for the pro-c...

hahah. yeah coilovers would be the best way to go. But for daily driving, nothing crazy. A good spring and shock combo will go a long way, and not to mention cost effective. I've been looking at the D2 and Ksport coilovers. Theyre pretty affordable...."pretty"! haha

trancedsailor 11-20-2008 12:49 PM

amelsportfit, you stole my avatar :( heh I'm flattered though :P

Coilovers yall, straight up. Buying Vogtland springs and having a messed-up drop was kinda good in a way because now I'm not buying random stuff for my car, strictly saving for enduratechs.

AnlDyxp_GD3 11-20-2008 12:55 PM

are the enduratechs any good? whats the best bang for your buck when it comes to coilovers. Like i mentioned earlier ive been looking at the D2s. You can get it for less than 850 and they look pretty good. My fit is only a DD so i dont need anything crazy, but dampening adjustment and height adjustment is always nice.:D

trancedsailor 11-20-2008 01:30 PM

mine's DD also, but I don't want something that isn't adjustable, just in case I have to drive longlong distances and don't want to acquire 4535 rock chips in slammed mode. I've heard nothing but good things from Kenchan about his Enduratechs, search him out, he has a whole thread about his thoughts on them. They're $899 on endura-tech.com and I like them because they look basically OEM; the springs are black.

AnlDyxp_GD3 11-20-2008 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 498863)
mine's DD also, but I don't want something that isn't adjustable, just in case I have to drive longlong distances and don't want to acquire 4535 rock chips in slammed mode. I've heard nothing but good things from Kenchan about his Enduratechs, search him out, he has a whole thread about his thoughts on them. They're $899 on endura-tech.com and I like them because they look basically OEM; the springs are black.

So i just checked them out on the site but it says that the shocks arent adjustable :(

trancedsailor 11-20-2008 02:13 PM

yeah but the ride height is, and that's all I care about lol

kylerwho 11-20-2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by amelsportfit (Post 498661)
is your car bouncy? what bout your shocks are they still ok? how long do do you have them so far?:)

its not bouncy. very firm. i have had them on for about 8000 miles. the dampners are ok