Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Wilwood Brakes Dont Fit 04 FIT. GD1

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Wilwood Brakes Dont Fit 04 FIT. GD1

i have 04 Honda Jazz GD1 with GD3 07 Fit engine and MT tranny swap/T1R turbo kit.

ok, i just got me the Honda FIt Wilwoods BBK 12.19 inch rotors with the 4 Pot Calipers from the US.

We have been trying all day to fix this and so far this wat has happend.
Followed the instruction manual, checked all the parts to see if they were all the same part number as on the list.
Installed the Wilwood steel braided brake lines first and it fit perfect.

Then after disassembling the stock brakes, we installed the wilwood brackets to the spindle and the hat to the rotors and mounted the rotors to the bolts.

we tried installing the caliper but guess wat? shit out of luck..... the caliper holes didnt even reach the bracket holes, short by 1cm or less. The rotor was getting in the way of the caliper!!!!!!

i removed the rotors and mounted the calipers on to the bracket and it fit fine, its just the 310mm Rotors were too big or the Bracket was 1cm too short.
Just to see if the calipers would fit the wheel with no interference, Now i mounted the rims to the bolts with the caliper on with no rotors. and guess wat??!! ,Not Fit!
Being 16inch with a 42 offset, 5zigen FN01rc, the caliper got in the way, And its said on Wilwood site that they would fit 15 or atleast 16 inch rims.
i noticed the manual said it would fit the 07 Fit spindle with stock 262mm rotors. i measured my rotors and they were 240mm. and My buddy's Fit is 07 and its also 240mm stock.

So wat do i do know? is there a bracket i can get that is a bit longer or do i just fabricate one?
Or do i get smaller rotors? wat sized do i get?
and i have to get longer studs and spacers to make this work due no clearance between caliper and wheels.

This sux. But i need to make this work, any help out there?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Try using your OEM rotors?

Also try calling Wilwood.. and see what they recommend.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
I've already discussed this with azkikersfit, but its best to just get a new bracket made. The setup was for a 262mm stock brake size and a GD1 is apparently a 240mm stock size. The spindle bracket is shorter than what the GD3 has to offer. Most simple fix is having someone make new brackets. Wilwood does not offer brackets alone.

Good luck on your search Mr A.