Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/)
-   -   Replacements shocks (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/73576-replacements-shocks.html)

goferris 08-10-2012 07:08 PM

Replacements shocks

Hello fellow Fitsters. :wavey:

My 07 Sport has bad shocks in the rear. If I have any weight in the back whatsoever, even at stock height, I rub. I'm pretty sure my rear shocks are gone... I've looked around to find some to replace them but when I checked 1 website they specifically said "Not for use with the sport"... Which makes me confused. How is the Sport suspension different from the base model?:confused:

Also, what recommendations do you guys have for replacements? Any good websites I could order from? I've searched eBay and all they have are full coilover set ups which isn't what I'm looking for. Tirerack didn't have any, and I really REALLY don't want to get some from Honda. Keep in mind I plan to lower it with some Tein S-Techs at the same time. :cool:

I tried to do a search on here but didn't really come up with what I'm looking for. :mad: If there is already a thread out there about this, I would appreciate a push in the right direction.

Appreciate it!

silver gd 08-10-2012 07:24 PM

im lower on some tokico blues with skunk2 springs and i really like the way they feel.... go to www.optionsauto.com they have them on there. they have some kyb on thier site too but i have no expirience with them

goferris 08-10-2012 08:23 PM

I had some KYB GR-2s on my old Celica with some S-Techs and I really liked the ride, but GR-2s are basically an OEM replacement so.... I'll check them out. Thanks!

silver gd 08-10-2012 09:19 PM

Yea i think tokico blues are also OE replacements... i just remember that aj-racing.com sell the T1R S-spec damper kit witch has good reviews on this forum

goferris 08-11-2012 02:48 AM

New from the dealer is gonna cost the same if not cheaper than anywhere else it seems... I love having a hookup with the dealer, but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.... Oh well.

icollins247 08-11-2012 09:12 AM

I have heard good things about Tokico, but I have little experience with them so I can't really voice an opinion about them. On my past vehicles I always used KYB GR-2s and never once had a single problem with them. The ride was a little rougher than stock, mostly due to the stiffer lowering springs, but it was hardly noticeable. And they handled abuse much better while doing spirited driving. I plan on purchasing them for my Fit as soon as my funds allow for it.

goferris 08-11-2012 01:21 PM

At this point... If I have to replace all my struts then get springs.... it's gonna be about $600... I could probably find some adjustables for just a little bit more. FML....

joey_fits 08-11-2012 01:36 PM

Oem are made by showa.
showa>tokico,kyb,etc.
Get coils spend the extra hundred :)

goferris 08-11-2012 01:52 PM

My only issue with getting full adjustables is that my car is my daily... I don't want it to have a crappy ride... That was my favorite thing about the S-Techs is that they still had a really decent ride to them. I don't mind the bumpiness and stiffness of coils on my EK because it's my project, but in this car... I want it to ride pretty smoothly...

I hate that I'm so picky with this kind of stuff LOL.

joey_fits 08-11-2012 02:19 PM

Well if you're picky you should definatly get a fixed suspension. Tein stechs on oem struts is the way to go! I mean I prefer adjustability and matched valving but if adjustable height and damper makes your ride crappy...

silver gd 08-11-2012 03:08 PM

Get the T1R S-spec dampers. They have like 12 way adjustable damping and would go perfect with your tein springs