Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/)
-   -   Progress sway bar & lowering springs- will it increase fun for dd? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/79944-progress-sway-bar-lowering-springs-will-increase-fun-dd.html)

Floydvoid 10-11-2013 07:18 AM

Progress sway bar & lowering springs- will it increase fun for dd?

I'm a new owner of a 08 fit sport m/t-- rear seats removed, stock alloy wheels

It is my first reliable car and I daily drive 50/50 road and highway and put down a lot of miles a year- I've already put down about 5k in 2.5 months.

Looking to make all the time I spend in this car more fun and interesting while still maintaining reliability .

The body tilt of the fit is the most noticeable detractor to my ride, that and I wish it had a turbo

Will the Progress setup, sway bar, lowering springs w/ the alignment bolts, result in an increase in fun and excitement? Aka- will I notice any real change in day to day driving?

Is there a better way to spend $350 to increase daily driving fun? I read that all intakes and exhaust improvements just get negated by the computer and result in no real gains of "motor feel"

I looked at swift springs as well, they are a little above price range, but could stretch if its worth it.

loudbang 10-12-2013 01:23 AM

Yes those mods can be "felt" and work good. The best thing you can do for performance is a set of lightweight wheels.

_iFit 10-12-2013 04:15 AM

forced induction would be a nice addition.

just need to do it mildy (low boost 5-8psi) to have it reliable and safe.

I read about superchargers too. tho these are a pricier option

Floydvoid 10-13-2013 06:37 PM

Thanks for the response,

Suggestions on light tires/ wheels? Move up to 205 on 16" rims or stay with 15"?

Tires and rims were bit more investment than I was planning to make at the moment, especially going into winter, maybe this spring.

I think I have chalked forced induction up to "you should have bought a gti instead" it seems like a lot of work and money for not much gain and possibly a blown engine. Still would be nice to have that little boost here and there though...

Floydvoid 10-13-2013 06:39 PM

And , will the progress springs stop that whole car body tilt feeling in corners? Would the higher ratio springs like swift springs work better?

cjecpa 10-13-2013 09:35 PM

I did the Eibach Prokit in 2012 when I first got the car (actually order them before I had picked up the car) helped handling a lot still felt on loping ramps with a slope on the passenger side a little lift which made me slow the car down a little. Where I felt the greatest improvement was on highway driving. In 2013 I put on a Progress sway bar this help on the ramps. Last month switch to the 205/50/16 and last week camber bolts even more improvement on the handling. I waited on the final ones when the OEM tires were on their last leg.

mkane 10-13-2013 09:50 PM

Stock works just fine. Our 2nd season of autox just ended and were running a stocker. As stated above, sport type tires go a long way.

Texas Coyote 10-13-2013 10:32 PM

I've done a mess of things to my car including the Kraftwerks 10 PSI high boost kit.. Next to boost your going find that very light wheels and tires that weigh 22 lbs or less will be the best thing you can do to improve performance... You can feel a big difference between light weight wheels (Enkei RPF-1s) and stock even with the high boost kit... You'll also have more responsive braking, steering, suspension damping and more.

cyanosis 10-13-2013 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydvoid (Post 1205739)
And , will the progress springs stop that whole car body tilt feeling in corners? Would the higher ratio springs like swift springs work better?

the progress springs are significantly stiffer than the swifts.

in fact, i'm surprised that everyone loves the swifts given what they do to the factory spring front/rear balance.

from the factory, the rear has stiffer springs, the swifts switch that to the front having the stiffer springs. total change in balance but i haven't seen anyone talking about that.

the progress ones at least keep that balance, though they're actually stiffest out of stock/swift/tein s-tech/progress.

Floydvoid 10-13-2013 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by cyanosis (Post 1205793)
the progress springs are significantly stiffer than the swifts.

in fact, i'm surprised that everyone loves the swifts given what they do to the factory spring front/rear balance.

from the factory, the rear has stiffer springs, the swifts switch that to the front having the stiffer springs. total change in balance but i haven't seen anyone talking about that.

the progress ones at least keep that balance, though they're actually stiffest out of stock/swift/tein s-tech/progress.

The chart I have been looking at list the Progress 40.106 springs as 160 front 200 rear lb/in and the swift 4h912 as 168 front and 314 rear lb/in
- maybe you were looking at ge8 stats? I'm looking for gd3

Anyone with experience on the swifts vs progress on gd3?

I like the idea of the swift's small drop and potentially more responsive handling.

Going to have to wait for the current tires to wear out before I upgrade

cyanosis 10-13-2013 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydvoid (Post 1205799)
The chart I have been looking at list the Progress 40.106 springs as 160 front 200 rear lb/in and the swift 4h912 as 168 front and 314 rear lb/in
- maybe you were looking at ge8 stats? I'm looking for gd3

Anyone with experience on the swifts vs progress on gd3?

I like the idea of the swift's small drop and potentially more responsive handling.

Going to have to wait for the current tires to wear out before I upgrade

D'oh! I was in fact looking at the GE8 figures