Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/)
-   -   Progress Rear Sway Bar (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/82420-progress-rear-sway-bar.html)

91CRXisGo 05-05-2014 07:53 AM

Progress Rear Sway Bar

Just purchased one of these and thought I would do my first review on fitfreak.
Installed on 2013 Vortex Blue Fit Sport

Installation:
In the instructions it specified removal of the wheels and springs to gain access to the mounting holes. I was able to do the install without removing anything.
It just took some different sized allen head tools.

Quality:
Very simple design and fit flush and the finish was definitely good.

Difference after modification:
Holy @$$ Crackers batman, instant improvement in vehicle rotation and significant increase in vehicle confidence.

I have to say that I HUGELY recommend this to anyone who drives a 2nd gen Fit. Especially if you enjoy any kind of spirited driving.

Overall: This has to be one of the most noticeable modifications iv'e done to a vehicle, I'm greatly impressed all around.

Bama3Dr 05-05-2014 10:07 PM

Nice review! I'm getting one of these as soon as I have some spending money.

- Dustin

Black3sr 05-06-2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by 91CRXisGo (Post 1236045)

Installation:
In the instructions it specified removal of the wheels and springs to gain access to the mounting holes. I was able to do the install without removing anything.
It just took some different sized allen head tools.

How did you manage to get the one bolt that is sort of under the spring in?

I am thinking of getting one but darn the shipping to Canada sucks. $65.

91CRXisGo 05-07-2014 02:17 PM

There was only one bolt on the passenger side that provided some difficulty. I've heard some people just trim the rubber boot a bit, I was able to coax mine in with a flat head screwdriver and some patience. Easier than removing the spring by far.

De36 05-07-2014 03:12 PM

I have actually have been devising a way to increase the Progressive Sway bar stiffness. I need more bar.

Black3sr 05-07-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 91CRXisGo (Post 1236473)
There was only one bolt on the passenger side that provided some difficulty. I've heard some people just trim the rubber boot a bit, I was able to coax mine in with a flat head screwdriver and some patience. Easier than removing the spring by far.

Thank you. I may tackle it myself then if I get one.

91CRXisGo 05-07-2014 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by De36 (Post 1236478)
I have actually have been devising a way to increase the Progressive Sway bar stiffness. I need more bar.

Use that one as a template to weld on another or a bigger bar. I'm interested to see how it would turn out.

De36 05-08-2014 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 91CRXisGo (Post 1236529)
Use that one as a template to weld on another or a bigger bar. I'm interested to see how it would turn out.

A bigger bar isn't necessary, making a line weld on top of the bar will increase the thickness resulting in a stiffer bar. What I have to determine is how and how much.