Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Stance coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Stance coilovers

Stance USA

just some notes -
Stance isn't the same big name like ohlins, moton, or KW. on the other hand, last year's NASA TTR champions ran a Stance suspension. To save you time, here is a link to the rules that designate what the TTR class is - http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Rules.pdf.

The long story short: "The TTR class is designated as a truly unlimited racecar class. It is intended for purpose built,
tube frame, never street legal, and monocoque racecars, as well as very high-end modified streetcars with low weight/hp ratios. Modifications are completely unlimited (within NASA safety technical guidelines), although open-wheel formula cars are not legal."

I'm sorry, but I haven't been too impressed with the suspension options available for the Fit thus far, other than the "OEM" stuff from spoon and mugen. I don't know anyone at Stance, I don't have a Stance suspension, and literally only know about them because I'm a big Evo fan and took notice when a Stance equipped car beat much pricier competition (to include Penske triple adjustable on remote reserviors, on the high end).

I think that the people that have held off on coilovers (like me) now have a legit suspension to consider. I honestly wish I had never found this.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
someone on this forum has them. its a white fit.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
i have them on my 240sx (gr+pro) and i loved them and compared them to teins flexs. they are stiffer and feel better. the only problem i had with them is that i felt every bump on the road and has a rough ride.

i would probably put these on eventually.

what is the spring rate? it's not posted on the site

Last edited by revd34; 05-22-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Decided to bite the bullet and purchased them today. I'll post pics etc when I get them and install them.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FiT_Munkey
Decided to bite the bullet and purchased them today. I'll post pics etc when I get them and install them.
any updates? these guys do great work, i'm really curious what they've put together for the fit.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
I was at my local parts distributor yesterday and I started the convirsation with coil-overs in mind. I mentioned Tein, and he mentioned Stance. I'm definately picking up a set this winter for the following spring. He sells them for $1100, and their local so if there's any problems then it's a 20min drive for me to work things out with them.

~I think the front is 5K and rear is 4K spring rates. I think.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry i can't figure out how to just transfer the link.

Images May Not be Vehicle Specific. For Display Purposes Only.

Stance Coilovers - GR+

Brand: Stance | Category: Coilover Systems

All ApplicationsProduct Description
Select A Make to Narrow the Selection
ACURA HONDA LEXUS MAZDA MINI MITSUBISHI NISSAN SUBARU TOYOTA
HONDAPartNumberYearModelSubModelCylindersLiterAspi rationEng Desg.FuelNotesST-GD3-GR 2007 - 2008FITBASE; SPORTL41.5NL15A1GASFront Spring Rate5kRear Spring Rate4kNotesStance GR+ Coilovers

Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr08FiT
I was at my local parts distributor yesterday and I started the convirsation with coil-overs in mind. I mentioned Tein, and he mentioned Stance. I'm definately picking up a set this winter for the following spring. He sells them for $1100, and their local so if there's any problems then it's a 20min drive for me to work things out with them.

~I think the front is 5K and rear is 4K spring rates. I think.
you should call the stance guys, i did a few months back on another application. that way you can get a spring rate that you like on them. i'll be going with a 3/5 or a 4/6 setup.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
I like to see how these compare to the Skunk2's regarding performance and comfort?

How do you like the Stance CC's FiT_Munkey??

Stance GR+ Features:
  • Adjustment Knob 15-Way Damping Adjustable
  • Upper Pillowball Bearing Adjustable Camber Uppermount
  • Upper Pillowball Bearing Pillowball Uppermount
  • Spring Cold Wound Linear Spring
  • Monotube Inverted Monotube Shocks
  • Boot Dustboot
  • Collar Aluminum Collars & Upper Mounts
  • Bracket Height Adjustable Lower Bracket

Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
How low can they go?

Old 09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evotech8
I like to see how these compare to the Skunk2's regarding performance and comfort?

How do you like the Stance CC's FiT_Munkey??

Stance GR+ Features:
  • Adjustment Knob 15-Way Damping Adjustable
  • Upper Pillowball Bearing Adjustable Camber Uppermount
  • Upper Pillowball Bearing Pillowball Uppermount
  • Spring Cold Wound Linear Spring
  • Monotube Inverted Monotube Shocks
  • Boot Dustboot
  • Collar Aluminum Collars & Upper Mounts
  • Bracket Height Adjustable Lower Bracket
the stance coilovers for the gd3 do not have upper pillowball mount with camber adjustments

i have a custom set from stance, race-valved and custom spring rates so mine are alot stiffer than the off-the-shelf rates which are 5.5kg and 4kg i believe

i've had some slight issues with mine, as it's the first set from stance to be custom made for a gd3, so i understood it

my front spring is too long, and while preloaded and the damper lowered all the way, it is still too high for my preference, a 2 inch shorter spring would solve that issue

the rear suspension of mine is a spiral wound spring like the oem style, and not a linear like most aftermarket ones, i originally requested a linear rear spring, but they still sent me this one, and for some reason, i don't believe my rear springs are 10kg since it's way too soft and the rear compresses more than my old tanabe df-210's. i'm still working with stance to fix this issue, but so far, the feel of the suspension is awsome compared to before and i would highly recommend it to anybody

Old 09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
does anyone know how much camber it can go?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
kennef- these aren't for you. look below:

5NL15A1GAS
Front Spring Rate5k
Rear Spring Rate4k

goes against that mumbojumbo in your head per the complaints
you had over in the ET coilover thread. you wanted front rates
to be lower than the rear.

here's your post:

Originally Posted by kennef
do you know what the stock front spring rates are? because the higher wheel rate up front, in a FWD car(!) makes very little sense.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
kennef- these aren't for you. look below:

5NL15A1GAS
Front Spring Rate5k
Rear Spring Rate4k

here's your post:
your powers of pointing out the obvious never cease to astound. as i have posted in the endura tech thread, as well as this one, i would specifically order the spring rate that i want.

and if you did the research rather than just buying the off-the-shelf spring rates and insisting that everyone hit the "i believe" button like you did, you'd know that the coilovers of any value will let you specify a spring rate appropriate for your application.

see, that's the power of the internet! you get to specify what's right for you, then buy it. rather than the backwards way of buying something, putting it on, and seeing if it works out. then swearing up and down it's the best. it's even worse when you're talking about suspension and have no motorsports experience.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
you should call the stance guys, i did a few months back on another application. that way you can get a spring rate that you like on them. i'll be going with a 3/5 or a 4/6 setup.
darn kenchan, that's what you get for not reading the whole thread. and trying to get involved where you clearly are not thoroughly expereinced, despite how loud you yell about it.

when you get the chance, you should call up spoon and tell them that they're doing their spring rates wrong. and swift too while you're at it. let us know how that goes

Old 09-05-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member

here let me help you, there's a neat little spreadsheet in this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...arision-2.html
just saying. you've got a long list of suspension suppliers that you better get on the horn and save.

by the way, "mumbojumbo"? very descriptive; i suppose slang is a substitute for a valid argument now, but it is consistent from your posts in your endura tech nut swinging thread, where i busted you out there too:
i can't lie, i refuse to take such logic seriously. "because many others do it" or "because these are more expensive than those" are poorly constructed arguments that aren't convincing.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vince
does anyone know how much camber it can go?
They do not come with camber plates like other cars (i.e. S13, S14, STI's, etc.)

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
here let me help you, there's a neat little spreadsheet in this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...arision-2.html
just saying. you've got a long list of suspension suppliers that you better get on the horn and save.

by the way, "mumbojumbo"? very descriptive; i suppose slang is a substitute for a valid argument now, but it is consistent from your posts in your endura tech nut swinging thread, where i busted you out there too:
hahaha, looks like i pushed the right button.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha, looks like i pushed the right button.
oh, good. looks like you've found the eject button!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aallbbeerrtttttt
the stance coilovers for the gd3 do not have upper pillowball mount with camber adjustments
what will you be doing for your camber solution?

Quick Reply: Stance coilovers