Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Wheels & Tires (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-wheels-tires/)
-   -   07-08 fit sport tire replacement (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-wheels-tires/83099-07-08-fit-sport-tire-replacement.html)

J Schmidt 06-23-2014 10:41 AM

07-08 fit sport tire replacement

Well folks I am in need of a set of tires. OEM Dunlops were replaced after 20-30k horrible miles with Michelin pilot sports which have done a wonderful job for 7 years and 70k miles. But I can get the thing to slide in light rain now. Unfortunately Michelin no longer makes that tire or I would buy them again. In fact Michelin no longer makes any tires in the Sport size. What have you all gone to and how do you like them? I need an all-weather tire so no summer tires please.:popc:

GinoLicious 06-23-2014 07:41 PM

I use Goodyear eagle one GT on my GSR blades. 195/55/15. They aren't bad.

.Grimace 06-23-2014 08:00 PM

Just got bf goodrich sport comp2's. A little lower tread ware rating but liking them so far

BurntZ 06-23-2014 08:11 PM

Same answer; different thread:

I'd go with the Firestone Precision Touring in our standard size. Check out their rating on tirerack.com

bargainguy 06-24-2014 08:43 AM

I needed a set for my '08 Sport last year at 90K and went with Michelin Defenders in +1 - 195/60/15. They replaced a set of Michelin HydroEdge in the same size. As you can see, I'm prone to Michelin!

mahout 06-24-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by J Schmidt (Post 1245025)
Well folks I am in need of a set of tires. OEM Dunlops were replaced after 20-30k horrible miles with Michelin pilot sports which have done a wonderful job for 7 years and 70k miles. But I can get the thing to slide in light rain now. Unfortunately Michelin no longer makes that tire or I would buy them again. In fact Michelin no longer makes any tires in the Sport size. What have you all gone to and how do you like them? I need an all-weather tire so no summer tires please.:popc:

Hop to tirerack.com for tire selections, specs, Yes, its research. And for performance ignore those opinions, go to the actual slalom times to get the bottom line.
And Mich still makes a comparable tire even if its overpriced.performance testing, and buyer reveiews to get the tire you want. And there are tires that will do what your Mich's did for a lot less money.

MonkeyMD 07-17-2014 11:40 PM

Kumho ecsta 4x replaced my Michelins

Michelin were great as far as longevity, traction noise etc.

Kumho seem to have slightly worse dry grip, much better wet grip, higher (worse) wear, comparable noise. For the price, great tire.

Rollerboots666 07-18-2014 11:03 PM

Plus zero that batboy to 205/55R15 and it will open up your options.

Fitguy07 07-19-2014 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeyMD (Post 1250384)
Kumho ecsta 4x replaced my Michelins

Michelin were great as far as longevity, traction noise etc.

Kumho seem to have slightly worse dry grip, much better wet grip, higher (worse) wear, comparable noise. For the price, great tire.

When I replaced my crap OEM dunlop tires, I went with these as well.

Great wet traction, dry traction, and steering response. They are quiet as well. Only thing I don't like is the Snow Traction, not the greatest. Otherwise, awesome value tire for the performance.

ikutoisahobo 07-19-2014 08:51 PM

I have Goodyear Eagle GT's as well, good sporty all season tire. Works well in rain, not so well in snow, but I made it through the Indiana winter (which consists of blizzards, 3-4 inches of snow on the streets)