Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Wheels. Worth Buying Or Not.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Question HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Wheels. Worth Buying Or Not.

I have a 2015 Red EX. I've been looking at getting a set of wheels to spruce up the looks. I've checked wheels at Discount Tire. The Drag 31 wheels are on my list. But I was wondering if anyone has a set of HFP Wheels and what they thought of them. The Honda Dealer where I get all my work done can get HFP Wheels. But they're pretty expensive. Just wondering if they're worth the price.

A side note;

A local seller has a set of 2009 Stock Fit Sport Wheels for sale for $399. I may call and talk him down to $200.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
no HFP wheels aren't worth it unless you find a set used.. u can get way better wheels for the price of HFP from the dealer..

i would say go with the sport wheels for 200

Old 07-07-2016, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
HFP wheels are worth the money IMO. I have a set that I bought used from a guy who had them on his 05 Civic and they are still in great shape (all year long wheel prior to me getting them). Before then I had a set of Voxx wheels that after about 4 years looked like crap (all year long wheel). So after 11 years the factory HFP wheels (which are made by Enkei) are in great shape. OEM wheels are higher quality then lower priced aftermarket. How much are the HFP wheels from the dealer? Finding them used is best.

Attached Thumbnails HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Wheels. Worth Buying Or Not.-img_2895_zpsrzllrnkb.jpg   HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Wheels. Worth Buying Or Not.-img_2435_zpsd86b3c1b.jpg  

Last edited by GolNat; 07-07-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up HFP Wheels.

Originally Posted by GolNat
HFP wheels are worth the money IMO. I have a set that I bought used from a guy who had them on his 05 Civic and they are still in great shape (all year long wheel prior to me getting them). Before then I had a set of Voxx wheels that after about 4 years looked like crap (all year long wheel). So after 11 years the factory HFP wheels (which are made by Enkei) are in great shape. OEM wheels are higher quality then lower priced aftermarket. How much are the HFP wheels from the dealer? Finding them used is best.

Dam! Those Wheels look Super Sharp! Civic HFP Wheels will fit a Fit. I haven't got a price quote from my local dealer yet. I'll find out in the next week or two. Still debatiing on getting the Drag 31's from Discount Tire.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:52 PM
if your comparing HFP to drags yes the HFP are a better quality cause yes there made by enkei..

not sure if those are HFP wheels.. usually it says HFP on them somewhere...those look like OEM civic wheels...

what is your budget on wheels??? would be a better question

Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
Civic HFP Wheels will fit a Fit.
Yes, any civic before 2005 (unless it's really old). After that they went 5 lug.

They are called SS7's. Also available in 5 lug off of a EP3.

Originally Posted by jserman
not sure if those are HFP wheels.. usually it says HFP on them somewhere...those look like OEM civic wheels...
Yes the newer HFP wheels do. The ones that were a factory option for the 7th gen Civic's did not.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Thanks Guys.

I'm going to pass on the Drag Wheels. I've looked on my local Craigslist for a set of HFP Wheels and found nothng. I'll go to my local dealer and find out what a set of HFP Wheels cost.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Question HFP Wheel Update And Question.

I did some info finding. I found that the 2007 Honda Fit had an option of getting HFP Wheels. Manufature Part Number 08W16-SLN-100. Seems like it will fit my 2015 EX. I called my dealer. They said they can still order these wheels. $209 per wheel. I went to Honda Parts website. According to Honda Parts these wheels won't fit my car. Are they correct? Or because of the year gap 2007 to 2015 is the reason the wheels won't fit? If nothing pans out I'm just going to get the Drag 31 wheels.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:57 PM
They will fit just fine.. there 4x100 ..anything 4x100 will fit your car... I would look online probably get them cheaper.. and please don't get shitty drag wheels

Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Thanks Jserman

Originally Posted by jserman
They will fit just fine.. there 4x100 ..anything 4x100 will fit your car... I would look online probably get them cheaper.. and please don't get shitty drag wheels
I'm leaning on the 2007 HFP Wheels. I did more info digging on the Drag Wheels. It seems that the Drag Wheels are prone to cracking and bending under the same conditions a stock wheel that will hold up on. $209 for the HFP Wheels is expensive. But for the reliabilty and long lasting endurance I may be getting a set.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up HFP Wheel Update.

I looked on craigslist and other sites that sell wheels and found nothing. I may go through my local dealer to get the wheels. $209 a wheel is expensive. But in the long run it's worth the cost. Now I just have to get the money saved up. Thanks for the responses.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
$209 a wheel is really not bad for an OEM quality wheel. You will spend more up front but it will last longer, stay looking good longer and hold its value better then a Drag wheel. Just save up and get the HFP's or a higher quality aftermarket like RPF1's.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up HFP Wheels.

Originally Posted by GolNat
$209 a wheel is really not bad for an OEM quality wheel. You will spend more up front but it will last longer, stay looking good longer and hold its value better then a Drag wheel. Just save up and get the HFP's or a higher quality aftermarket like RPF1's.
Thanks GolNat. I called around to make sure the HFP Wheels will fit my car. According to a Honda Tech the Wheels should fit with no problems. Even the TPMS sensors should work. I'll get the Wheels through my local Honda Dealer. The Drag Wheels are out. Thanks for the responses.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Post HFP Wheels

I might have a line on a used set. Seller says they're from a 2007 Fit. Asking 500. I'll try to get a better price.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
A bit late to this BUT... HFP wheels are kind of hit or miss to come across. I know that the Fit HFPs are pretty heavy as well coming in at at around the 15 to 17 lb range if I remember right (its been a few years). 2002/2003 EP3 Si HFPs, I'm honestly not sure about though weight wise.

Honda wheels be they OEM or OEA (accessory wheels) are either made by Enkie or Kosei so they are indeed darn good quality for your buck. In addition to that, you may not be able to find some HFPs because of discontinuation unless of course either a Honda dealer/warehouse happens to stock them (which is the case for 2007 Fit HFPs) or you find them on used.

If you're looking for a fairly light 16 inch wheel and wiling to go aftermarket... Maybe check out the Tire Rack Motorsport C1? These wheels are commonly used in autocross as well as SCCA spec classes like Spec B and Spec Miata so they are indeed tried and proven. I can also say that after owning 2 sets as well they are a pretty decent wheel in terms of build quality and I've only seen 1 out of the 8 wheels bend after an off during autocross.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
HFP Wheels

Originally Posted by Hootie
A bit late to this BUT... HFP wheels are kind of hit or miss to come across. I know that the Fit HFPs are pretty heavy as well coming in at at around the 15 to 17 lb range if I remember right (its been a few years). 2002/2003 EP3 Si HFPs, I'm honestly not sure about though weight wise.

Honda wheels be they OEM or OEA (accessory wheels) are either made by Enkie or Kosei so they are indeed darn good quality for your buck. In addition to that, you may not be able to find some HFPs because of discontinuation unless of course either a Honda dealer/warehouse happens to stock them (which is the case for 2007 Fit HFPs) or you find them on used.

If you're looking for a fairly light 16 inch wheel and wiling to go aftermarket... Maybe check out the Tire Rack Motorsport C1? These wheels are commonly used in autocross as well as SCCA spec classes like Spec B and Spec Miata so they are indeed tried and proven. I can also say that after owning 2 sets as well they are a pretty decent wheel in terms of build quality and I've only seen 1 out of the 8 wheels bend after an off during autocross.

Thanks Hootie.

I found a set of HFP Wheels locally. In fact the seller is going to bring the wheels to me since he works in my general area. That saves me a 180 mile round trip. I'm going to wait until my current tires are worn out. Then install the HFP's with a new set of Yokohama tires next summer.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Just Picked Up A Set.

Just bought a set from a C.L. Tires are shot. Wheels look a bit scuffed and dirty. I'll wait till next summer to get the wheels refinished.

Thanks for everyone's helpful responses.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Question Stock Wheel Bolts Question.

Will the stock wheels bolts fit with the HFP Wheels? Or do I have to buy a totally new set of wheel bolts for the HFP Wheels to mount on my car?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
OEM lug nuts go with HFP wheels.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:11 PM
HFP are kinda heavy I heard.

Quick Reply: HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Wheels. Worth Buying Or Not.