Looking for shop that can do springs...in North FLorida, South Alabama, South Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Looking for shop that can do springs...in North FLorida, South Alabama, South Georgia

Anyone have any ideas? I am looking for someone who can do lowering springs or maybe even coilovers.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
i don't understand

are you looking for a shop to make you a custom set or to install them for you?

for an install, i would hit up your local forum to see if any of the Fit owners near you would be willing to lend you some tools and a helping hand. the best part about lowering your car is doing all the labor work yourself. it takes about 1.5 hours at most, you have the satisfaction of making your Fit sexier with your own bare hands, and meet good people at the same time

Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
get coilovers. I screwed up and got springs because I was impatient. Now I'm left with an uneven drop because Vogtland sucks. Get Enduratechs, Progress, or Tein coilovers. All are an even $1,000 or less.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by chaaree
i don't understand

are you looking for a shop to make you a custom set or to install them for you?

for an install, i would hit up your local forum to see if any of the Fit owners near you would be willing to lend you some tools and a helping hand. the best part about lowering your car is doing all the labor work yourself. it takes about 1.5 hours at most, you have the satisfaction of making your Fit sexier with your own bare hands, and meet good people at the same time

Just looking for a shop. I don't have the tools to do such. I looked at the DIY pics. It might seem easy to lots of folks here, but I'm not the most mechanical person in the world. LOL

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Looking for shop that can do springs...in North FLorida or even central

I want to get my Fit dropped. Who's trustworthy enough and has the expertise enough not to jack my car up? Got any recommendations? Any Shops in Jax?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just outside Daytona Beach. I did my own springs. Easiest suspension I've ever done. Since coilovers replace the front struts, it'd be even easier for those I'd imagine, and then dial in the height/stiffness etc. I've got all the tools (basically socket wrenches and some hex bolts do the trick - took me about an hour and half. (lots of breaks, it was hot.)
If you want to save money I'd be happy to help - not sure where in FL you are or how close daytona is for you.
I got estimates from shops initially and most places were charging between $100-$200 for the work - just springs.
I got my skunk2's new for $110 shipped and did them myself - cheap for a really dramatic change in appearance (maybe some handling increase too)

If Daytona is too far, there's gotta be another fitfreaker close by who can help!

FYI- definitely get an alignment afterwards. My car was a little squirrely after the install. Firestone Car Care centers do lifetime alignments for 129.99, worthwhile, and it's transferrable. You can get your car re-aligned as much as you want for a one time fee, and they'll rotate tires and check your alignment every 6k if you want for free.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:51 PM
hey man, i am NO mechanic by any means but i looked at a DIY spring install on here and i put on my own springs in less than 2 hours, it's VERY simple!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...07-08-gd3.html
i say go for DIY!
good luck brother

Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Or go to Midas or a tuner shop