Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Have you guys considered making the scangauge potion of this plate off to the side and adding a small "coin pocket" with the remaining space? Make it so that you can install it upsidedown as well, that way you could flip it over to put the extra little pocket on either side. And since some people hate little pockets like that, add a cover plate for said pocket, this location could be used to mount any after market switches as well.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rdean58
Another panel for placement of SGII with stock radio would be great. I don't want to get rid of the stock radio and a flush fitting panel just below the heater/ac controls would be cool. It would need to be out of the way of the cup holders, be able to hide all the wire, and look like a factory installation.
^^^^X2^^^^

Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I love the factory radio, but I need a little more juice. I plan on upgrading the audio system down the road.

That's a good mounting idea though, under the heater controls.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by smatts
Have you guys considered making the scangauge potion of this plate off to the side and adding a small "coin pocket" with the remaining space? Make it so that you can install it upsidedown as well, that way you could flip it over to put the extra little pocket on either side. And since some people hate little pockets like that, add a cover plate for said pocket, this location could be used to mount any after market switches as well.
Gauge is too wide. Don't forget about the mounting tabs in the back.. in fact, the SGII barely fits between them. I don't think you can go without the mounting tabs.... nothing else holds it in place.

The pocket (and my product) is NOT symmetrical.... so you could not flip it anyway. Thanks for a good idea.... I could add a small switch or LED, but that is about it.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
IN CAR PICTURES ADDED TO POST 2

Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Will it work witha Metra kit?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CasopoliS

I think that looks awesome man. Great job. That looks really clean and is exactly what I was looking for. Big thumbs up on this one. Do you say you might be able to fit an LED in that blank space next to the SGII? Just a thought I was kicking around was one of those Red alarm LED's you can install. I'll have to wait and see if there's enough room for it after I get one. They don't take up much space.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:45 PM
we can add 0.25" holes for LEDs no problem. There will be small customization fees for this, but well worth it for clean installs.

Working on finishing options now... the designing is done after just 3 computer designs and 2 prototypes!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
How's the mount coming Caso? I'm getting anxious lol

Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
newest design is being prototyped right now. from the front it will look the same.

I beefed up the tabs so the device does not move around as much while floating in the opening. I also added threaded inserts on the rear tabs and I will provide 2 small bolts to hold it in rather than using the Scosche provided screws. This is a much nicer option with little added cost.

everything will be for sale soon.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Bump for a GOod seller and Mazdaspeed Protege and Legacy GT owner.

His product design and quality is top notch!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by i-Fit
Bump for a GOod seller and Mazdaspeed Protege and Legacy GT owner.

His product design and quality is top notch!!!
Thanks!!! My Legacy product line has been very successful, and I am taking extra time to make this product great. Right now I am looking for finishing options that suits this product best.... other than that - design and development is done. The owner of the project car is loving the product and I used his feedback to make it even better.

I have not designed a universal type mount yet, but I will get to that soon.

Oh yea.... anyone have a Metra kit? I need a test vehicle.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
dont have a Metra kit but my Scosche kit came yesterday and I just ordered my radio. I'll make sure to post some pictures after I get it all installed with the Scangauge mount.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
new design is awesome. just finding the best color option and we will proceed from there. The threaded inserts work great, no more stripping plastic with the screws.

With the new design, the scan gauge pinches itself into the pod... so its rock solid, no wiggle or anything.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by CasopoliS
new design is awesome. just finding the best color option and we will proceed from there. The threaded inserts work great, no more stripping plastic with the screws.

With the new design, the scan gauge pinches itself into the pod... so its rock solid, no wiggle or anything.
I am very excited to see this finished product, and the universal one when it is completed.

Joey
Linear Logic

Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Linear Logic
I am very excited to see this finished product, and the universal one when it is completed.

Joey
Linear Logic
Thanks Joey! Hopefully I can sell some ScanGauges as well

Old 09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Any updates on when this part will be available for us to buy?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for interest.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Bump bump for more interest. How's the finished product looking?

Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
first prototype is shipping out this week

Quick Reply: ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN