Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Are these available yet?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Pictures from the Beta tester were great. I am happy with the product and will start an official group buy soon. I hope to offer the ScanGauge II as well, for a package deal.
This product has only been tested with the Scosche kit.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Great, Thanks for the fast reply.
AC

Old 09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
any idea when these will be sold for fit owners on here

Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
How easy is it to remove the Scangauge from this mount in case I want to temporarily use it in another car?

ed

Old 09-30-2007, 12:11 PM
^^^ Very easy. This is a non-destructive way of mounting... in fact, it does not even require tape, velcro, etc.
-------------------------------------

I am setting up merchant status with the forum.... once I do, I will start an official thread in the GB section. Until then, feel free to start the prelim list, and I will transfer it over.

Shipping is included to continental US. Residents outside of the us, please email jon@casopolis.com

A) DINpod - $45 shipped - Special GB Price - $40 shipped
B) ScanGaugeII - $159.95 shipped - Special GB price - $149.95 shipped
C) DINpod + ScanGaugeII - Special GB price - $184.95 shipped

This is a GREAT deal for a custom part, let alone an unbeatable price on the ScanGaugeII. I will let Crawly step in with his review on the DINpod.

Please list your name, and option you are interested in. This is a PRELIM list so I know what inventory to build up. This list will transfer over into the official GB once I get the appropriate status. Once the GB is over, units will ship in the order they were received.

ex:

1) CasopoliS - C
2)
3)

Old 09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
1) aliencowboy (C)

Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by CasopoliS
^^^ Very easy. This is a non-destructive way of mounting... in fact, it does not even require tape, velcro, etc.

Ok, but what is actually involved?

Can the Scangauge just be pulled out easily from the front?

Does mounting and dismounting just involve popping it in and out through the front opening?

thanks,

ed

Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by ezduzit
Ok, but what is actually involved?

Can the Scangauge just be pulled out easily from the front?

Does mounting and dismounting just involve popping it in and out through the front opening?

thanks,

ed
Yes, it pops in and out from the front. There are grooves on the sides of the SGII, and there are tabs that snap into these grooves. Its a flush mount when done.... and no gaps around the unit. Fits like a glove. I will post pictures of Crawly's car later.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by CasopoliS
Yes, it pops in and out from the front. There are grooves on the sides of the SGII, and there are tabs that snap into these grooves. Its a flush mount when done.... and no gaps around the unit. Fits like a glove. I will post pictures of Crawly's car later.
Ok, bear with me and my dopey questions.

This would be an important choice for me because I would really like to go with a double DIN head unit, but if your SGII panel works the way I want, I would be swayed to get a single DIN unit and your product.

If the SGII fits completely flush and there is very little gap around it, which is how it appears in the pics, how do you grab it in order to pull it out after the tabs secure it?

thanks,

ed

Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by ezduzit
Ok, bear with me and my dopey questions.

This would be an important choice for me because I would really like to go with a double DIN head unit, but if your SGII panel works the way I want, I would be swayed to get a single DIN unit and your product.

If the SGII fits completely flush and there is very little gap around it, which is how it appears in the pics, how do you grab it in order to pull it out after the tabs secure it?

thanks,

ed
Two ways.
1) push
2) unscrew the 4 screws on the back. This separates the front of the housing with the back of the housing. Take it out that way, then put the 4 screws back in. In fact, this is the best way to install it and remove it IMO.

Don't worry... instructions will be provided. A kid could do it, and the SGII will not get so much as scratched in the process. You will install the SGII into the DINpod prior to installing the DINpod into the dash (and vice-versa).

Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going to post some pictures of the install of mine. (Some of the pictures are blurry....I blame the camera lol)

When I initially got the product, I have to say I was impressed. I was expecting to get a pretty cheap piece of plastic that didn't hold the ScanGauge very tight. This was not the case at all. The quality of the product is what sttod out first. This was a well thought out piece with alot of attention to detail.

This first picture shows the side of the unit. Notic the little metal threaded sleeves. This allows you to install and uninstall the unit without having to worry about breaking or stripping plastic threads, which we all know are pretty useless anyways.

These pictures show the ScanGauge installed in the unit. As Casopolis stated above, you can push the unit it or you can remove the back of the ScanGauge by taking out the 4 screws, putting the face into the unit and then replacing the back of the unit. I didn't realize this until after I put the ScanGauge in, which wasn't any big deal, but taking the back off the ScanGauge might be the best way to mount it as you will avoid putting any unneeded stress on the tabs that hold it in. Either way, it's a simple install.

Here's some pictures of it mounted into the radio kit.

Here's some pictures of the final install. I was really impressed with how it all came together. I've gotten alot of compliments on the mount. It is a really trick looking mount for the ScanGauge. It gets a definite 10 out of 10 from me. There wasn't one thing about it I didn't like. It was easy to install and the quality is first rate. It doesn't rattle in the dash or prevent you from using the plastic trim that comes with the kit to put around the radio.

Ezduzit, I think I understand what you're trying to say. If you plan on removing the ScanGauge and placing it in another vehicle on a regular basis, this might not be the mount for you. The reason? This is a great mount for the more permenant application. In order to remove the gauge, you will need to pretty much remove the radio. I think that normal install and removal repeated times, without installing the ScanGauge by removing the back of the unit, might eventually snap off a plastic tab that holds the unit in place. Unless Casopolis has another idea up his sleeve about how to install and remove the gauge from the mount repeatedly. I'm not sure this unit was built for that specifically.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Hey I'm not sure if this has been asked, but are you going to make one to fit the Metra kit as well?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Will this not work with the stock radio, then?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by LizardKing
Will this not work with the stock radio, then?

This scan gauge mount is designed to work with the scosche double din dash kit. It won't work with the stock radio.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE/]

Ezduzit, I think I understand what you're trying to say. If you plan on removing the ScanGauge and placing it in another vehicle on a regular basis, this might not be the mount for you. The reason? This is a great mount for the more permenant application. In order to remove the gauge, you will need to pretty much remove the radio. I think that normal install and removal repeated times, without installing the ScanGauge by removing the back of the unit, might eventually snap off a plastic tab that holds the unit in place. Unless Casopolis has another idea up his sleeve about how to install and remove the gauge from the mount repeatedly. I'm not sure this unit was built for that specifically.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I needed to know Crawly, thanks.

I still would really like to mount my SGII in the dash, however, so I guess the best solution would be to just buy another SGII

Regards,

ed

Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
still waiting to hear back from the forum regarding vendor status.....

Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
BUMP
I will be setting up vendor status soon.... but I would like to see more interest here !!!! Where else can I promote this on the forums to get a better 'interested' list? Thanks!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
i am interested in your product as well as the scangauge. Im not sure when you reach vendor status if you can post sales in the normal posts or just in the vendor area. not sure you might have to ask a moderator on that. if anything else you can have someone from the group buy put a DIY thread about it or a thread under fit Ice. Those would get some more attention for ya. just my thoughts though. please keep me in the loop so i know when to expect to purchase these.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
what is the status of this the scanguage and the plastic trim??

Quick Reply: ScanGauge II custom mount for Scosche DIN