Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   KSport Rear Disc Kit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/19734-ksport-rear-disc-kit.html)

wgnths 12-28-2007 01:40 AM

KSport Rear Disc Kit

This is in response to Skunk2 not coming thru with a kit.

I haven't been around here long, but as a quick background I owned a performance shop here in AZ for 2 years called Surge Street Shop(feel free to search it). I also compete heavily in time attacks and local track events and this is how i became friends with ksport...with that said:

I talked to Nick at Ksport today. Since Skunk doesn't seem to be doing anything now, they are very interested in getting this kit done.

He will be contacting me within a weeks time, to schedule a day for me to drop off my Fit for them to do measurements.

They are a bit busy right now, getting their drift and time attack cars ready for the '08 season, but Nick is pushing this project towards the top of the list.

They'll keep my car for a day or two, send out the measurements and i'll bring the car back in for parts fitment. At that point, I'll be testing the kit for a solid week for effectiveness and quality assurance. I assure you, even though I'm friends with Nick, I'll make sure it's something worthy of my standards.

Price is looking to be $650, which includes calipers, rotors and ss lines. Possibly coming with a blank rotor to match the stock fronts, and a slotted option at additional cost...nothing set in stone yet, other than price should be right at that point.

Mods, please pm or post where you would like this information posted from here on out, as it really shouldn't be in skunks section. thanks.

for those truly interested, please send me a pm so i can get a list together to show ksport that we really want this.

manxman 12-28-2007 11:28 AM

PM sent! Thanks for taking this project on, and for donating your car for the measurements and test fit.

In order to keep up interest and attract new additions to your list, I suggest that you either ask people to post their names on this thread (if you rely on PMs for Ksport, only the alias would be necessary on the thread) or periodically post the aliases on a thread list from your PM responses. I think that seeing the numbers grow was a big influence on the rapid growth of JDMChris's list on the Skunk2 thread.

1. wgnths
2. manxman

manxman 12-28-2007 11:39 AM

Rexxxxxxxxx-

Since this kit does not presently exist, I can't give you actual facts. I can promise you that it is not a big job, from my experience installing a rear disc conversion kit on a Ford Bronco, kit made by Stainless Steel Brakes in New York.

If you do not have the skills to service your present drum brakes, maybe you should plan on paying a professional for this installation though. The simple procedures are: remove brake drums, shoes, shoe attachment hardware, disconnect the e-brake cable, disconnect brake lines from the brake cylinders, remove cylinders, and remove brake backing plate. Then bolt on the new brake caliper plate, brake disc, wheel hub, and bolt the calipers to the bracket, and attach the brake pads.

Connect the e-brake cables to the new hardware provided, connect the new SS brake lines to the old line connections on the frame and to the new calipers, bleed the entire brake system (good time to completely replace all old brake fluid with premium heat resistant fluid that is not hydroscopic), put your wheels on and go.

Again, I can't quote from non-existent instruction sheets, but those are the basic steps. Doing this kind of conversion on a rear wheel drive vehicle is more complicated because you have to disassemble the rear axle and put it back together again as part of the installation of the brake system. We don't have those extra steps.

My honest and educated guess is that this kit will take a trained and experienced person about 2 hours, and a "qualified" novice maybe 3. "Qualified": intelligent, patient, capable of following detailed instructions, has or will buy all of the required tools.

whtsjdm 12-28-2007 12:01 PM

I want one! =)

gettinafit 12-28-2007 12:16 PM

MY FIT NEEDS Rear DISCS!!! I'm IN!

Mugen_Dom 12-28-2007 12:24 PM

Please let us know once the parts list and price has been confirmed.

IMO, this is what happened with the Skunk2 kit. They found out that the cost of the kit wasn't close to their original and subsequent estimated prices......of course I could be totally off base though..

SD_MR_FIT 12-28-2007 12:40 PM

oh man...i would love to get this conversion. i was thinking about getting all ksport suspension anyways, this would set it off just right.

this is definitely a bonus.

manxman 12-28-2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom (Post 212456)
Please let us know once the parts list and price has been confirmed.

IMO, this is what happened with the Skunk2 kit. They found out that the cost of the kit wasn't close to their original and subsequent estimated prices......of course I could be totally off base though..

I completely agree- Chris couldn't post everything that transpired between him and his Skunk contacts. He knew that if he did, most people would have been too discouraged to join the list. This is my guess, not a fact.

Redshift 12-28-2007 01:18 PM

Keep us posted! I'm also in AZ, and I'd love to come check out your car when you get the rear disc swap.

billykim 12-28-2007 01:55 PM

im definently interested in this

kelsodeez 12-28-2007 01:56 PM

pm sent. in it to win it.

TOOL 12-28-2007 02:24 PM

So does that mean Skunk2 fell through and our just plain not going to do their kit? Did they tell you that?

manxman 12-28-2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TOOL (Post 212507)
So does that mean Skunk2 fell through and our just plain not going to do their kit? Did they tell you that?

Did you read the thread and what Chris said?

aliencowboy 12-28-2007 08:27 PM

I'm in.... If Skunk2 is out!

methodbasic 12-28-2007 08:48 PM

im in for $650 or less.

TOOL 12-28-2007 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by manxman (Post 212581)
Did you read the thread and what Chris said?

No i didnt and i just looked and the last thing he said is that hes still communicating with them.

Tyler

sy11580 12-29-2007 01:13 AM

Thx for the new post!!! I'm in

BBRFit 12-29-2007 02:39 PM

Haha I know Nick, we had a lot of problems getting their coilovers to fit. In the end though he was a good help and got them on. If they make a kit I will be interested.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 12-29-2007 03:49 PM

i was thinking about getting all ksport suspension anyways, this would set it off just right.

Haha I know Nick, we had a lot of problems getting their coilovers to fit. In the end though he was a good help and got them on.
They have Ksports for the Fit? Ive seen the listing on their site but it says for 01+ meaning JDM Fits.

BBRFit 12-29-2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 212892)
They have Ksports for the Fit? Ive seen the listing on their site but it says for 01+ meaning JDM Fits.

Yeah they had to engineer new bases for the rear and fronts, and they fit