Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Carbon fiber product interest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tofuman
i would also like to see:

CF side mirrors
CF "OEM sport" grill - like the Mugen RR

like this:

but in CF like this:

Hell yea im totally in for that grill. I get to keep my H and a little cf all at the same time. Im in.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
i would be down for a carbon roof overlay.

that would be sick.!

man that would be overkill though

Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
i would be down for a carbon roof overlay.

that would be sick.!

man that would be overkill though
not if you paint it

Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Rogue intoduction

I would like to introduce myself as the 'carbon guy' Rob has mentioned. It's actually Jim and the company is Rogue Motorsports. I see there are some great ideas that have been posted in the thread and I know there are many more we can add to this.
I have read over the rules of this forum and think the admins are doing a great job and will only work within their guidelines. I think most would agree that if this community will support some of these custom carbon parts the small fee to post them on this site will enable me to avoid advertising and the expense and time of maintaining my own dedicated site for the Fit. What this means is as long as we can keep this going I will be determined to offer wholesale or at least very near wholesale pricing to forum members. And as far as group buys I prefer to keep these rather small and limit most items to either 5 or 10 parts at a time in order to keep delivery times reasonable for everyone, and if there is still interest the same GB can be offered again.
I plan to start a new thread later today or tomorrow to test out some ideas for our first parts.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Sweet deal, I'll check back with you guys later then =D

Edit:

Who are you guys? I did a google search, there isn't even a website for you guys, can you guys give some more info on your company?

What do you guys do other than Carbon Fiber?

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 03-27-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
Sweet deal, I'll check back with you guys later then =D

Edit:

Who are you guys? I did a google search, there isn't even a website for you guys, can you guys give some more info on your company?

What do you guys do other than Carbon Fiber?
"We" are primarily "me" with a little help from my family members. My background is many years in engineering, mainly product design and development, specializing in injection molded plastics. After years of running my own design firm in the Denver area our family moved to Arizona to cut back a bit and since my children were about grown I started to do more of what I had alway wanted, that being working with cars.
My main interest has been the classic Mini. I have had many cars but still have my first Mini which I purchased over 20 years ago. I currently have a site for the Mini: roguese7ens.com and provide a number of parts for the New Mini that are sold through other retailers like aestheticreations.net and frankenminis.com. As far as we know I am the only manufacturer of parts like the carbon door handle covers here in the US.
As far as what else I do? I still do much design work, check out the Solidworks models on the web site. I am building a composite steel framed Mini and Lotus 7, and I enjoy making new, unique parts for cars like the Fit, and work at going beyond just looks of the car and try to design parts that will provide benefits to performance as well such as aerodynamics.
I hope this provides a little info.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
**crosses fingers on roof cap being made**

Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
cf roof cap with scoop?

Old 03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07fitsport
cf roof cap with scoop?
hahaha now that would be excessive! its a fit! not an f1 car!!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
carbon fiber sub box fitting against hatch wall...
carbon fiber 3rd tail lite housing cover..
carbon fiber sun visors..
cf door sills

Last edited by 07fitsport; 03-27-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: xx
Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Please keep in mind that I currently don't own a Fit but have looked at them and hope to make the purchase when I can afford it.
I like the idea of the roof cap and frankly like the idea of one with a low scoop. Does the Fit typically come with a sunroof? If so a nice option would be a full cap with a scoop that only sticks up about an inch and provides air for the sunroof. I'll need a car to make the mold from but I don't see this being our first part. Maybe a grill insert, hatch cover, front bumper lip, or even some interior parts may be a good place to start. Again I'll try to get that new thread started today.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dimpthepimp
I'd really like the oem ground effects kit in carbon fiber. with a reasonable $ cause the one everybody else sell is much $.I'd like those f1 style eyelids in carbon too they look really good.

thx
Yes, eyelids in carbon fiber like the F1's aka Corrmann style. Corrmann cf eyelids pictured below.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Those eyelids are just plain HOT! I would definitely be interested in the dashkit for sure! With you flyin solo Rogue are lead times gonna be a issue? As soon as your prototype cover is made i have a feeling you will be able to afford that fit you specified you wanted, lol. Welcome and look forward to seeing all the parts and pieces

Steve

Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Blackfity, do you have a full shot of that car? It looks like the doors, mirrors and probably more are also carbon.
I really like those eyelids too. Does anyone know if I can get a set of plastic covers to use for modeling something similar? Also is there any reason the lower corner couldn't be covered as well?
Oh, as far as lead times, the only thing that would likely push things back a bit would be the need to make molds or custom fabricate a plug (original piece to make the mold from). Otherwise I will try to schedule buys at times that I can actually fill the orders, thats one reason why I like to limit the buys to 5 or 10 parts.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
Blackfity, do you have a full shot of that car? It looks like the doors, mirrors and probably more are also carbon.
I really like those eyelids too. Does anyone know if I can get a set of plastic covers to use for modeling something similar? Also is there any reason the lower corner couldn't be covered as well?
Oh, as far as lead times, the only thing that would likely push things back a bit would be the need to make molds or custom fabricate a plug (original piece to make the mold from). Otherwise I will try to schedule buys at times that I can actually fill the orders, thats one reason why I like to limit the buys to 5 or 10 parts.
Rogue Fit -

Click the link below then click on "Corrmann CF-Fit". You'll find a lot of different shots/parts of the car that are carbon fibered out!

CORRMANN Official Web Site

As far as your modeling question, the only USDM eyelids I know of are the F1's that are made of fiberglass. You can see these on eBay. Just search Honda Fit F1 Eyelids.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks Blackfity that CF car is a good example of carbon overlay, it looks like that did pretty much the whole car.

I have started a new thread to try to establish a part or two to offer first, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...tml#post268099

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I was thinking more about this today. Here are items that I am interested in having myself. I don't know if any of these are readily available and I just haven't come across them yet. I would even be willing to pay to have these items custom made.

- OEM fog light garnish
- B-Pillar garnish
- Interior door switch garnish
- Left and right garnish on OEM steering wheel
- Roof overlay
- J's Racing front bumper grill
- J's Racing front bumper lip

Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
he has all the templates for all but the b-pillar and the bumper lip/grill.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
wow.. old thread... still say we need to see this scoop:

Name:  dashoot067.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  133.4 KB