Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Fitfreak.net Decal Group Buy Questions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Sorry guys, should update pricing:

CAD$8.00 for 1
CAD$15.00 for 2
CAD$21.00 for 3
CAD$26.00 for 4

Payments through Paypal please. You can select Canadian funds and Paypal will apply an exchange rate and will charge you in USD, but send it to me in CAD so I can deposit the money into my bank account. Prices are shipped to North America, overseas will cost a buck or two more for shipping. Price includes decals, envelope, postage, Paypal fees, etc.

Everyone has the right idea, either white or silver lettering with either red or blue dots.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
SORRY I TOOK MYSELF OFF I DONT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT

1) jdjohnson9 - 2 silver with red dots

2) pip_rocks - 1 silver with blue dot

3) tofu4 - 3 Silver with blue dots

4) junior40er - 2 white with red dots, 1 silver with red dot

5)

6) isitafox - 2 white with red, 2 silver with red posted to UK.
Don't worry I'll pay whatever the extra postage is!

7) YeeFit - 2 Silver with Red dots ... How much is the shipping gonna be all the way to the far far NW?[/quote]

Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Right now, I'm considering closing this group buy. There seems to be a lot of opposition to my pricing. Unfortunately, my friend does not do small decals like these often so his prices might be higher than other places, but he does provide top quality vinyl. It takes a lot of time and effort to organize get these decals, organize payments, making sure that everyone gets what they ordered, go to the post office, and ship them off. Doesn't sound like much, but when you have 30 of them to do and it's being done in your spare time, then it is quite time consuming as it takes away from my personal time. I get charged more for shipping to the states obviously since I'm from Canada and the cost of materials such as oversized envelopes so I don't have to crease the decals all factor into the cost. Not only that, but Paypal takes a portion of the money as well, so I don't earn much if anything at all considering I need to drive everywhere to get the supplies, get the decals, and to the post office to pick up all the stamps and hand them off to the postal clerk so I can assure that they will be sent out in a timely manner. I'm starting to get fed up with people who just complain that everything is too freaking expensive and that the pricing is not fair. I had to get permission from the forum to actually produce these decals and for them to provide me with the correct font and template which I then had to pay my supplier a setup fee. I think it's been a great initial 3 runs, but this is starting to get ridiculous to be honest. I make a lot more as an engineer than I do as a small decal re-distributor to help promote this forum. I do this because I'm an active and proud member of this forum, not because I'm trying to make money from these. If you can find someone cheaper, by all means, contact admin and get approval from them. I can only guarantee the quality of the decals that I get from my friend and stand by his work and my own.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Retired Moderator
The quality of these decals IS top notch. Mine has been on my car for about 6 months and there has been no peeling of fading. Its still in brand new condintion. Mine is on the outside of mine car!

Tyler

Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Well if this gets shut down atleast i have extras already. haha. I tried my best to fight off the mob after you logged off last night but yes like you said there was much complaining. I hope that it works out but maybe the first 3 or 4 runs were all that could be done. Idk? As you can see im always in for anouther couple of decals cause you can certainly see in my pic that these are not cheap flimsy everyday stickers. They are nice quality pieces and i like mine. Good luck Illusive. I got your back if the mob comes again

Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Seriously? Issues with pricing? *shrugs*

I'd be in for two more, in white (since the last two got swiped out from under me. Just kidding!)

Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by DagerOne
Seriously? Issues with pricing? *shrugs*

I'd be in for two more, in white (since the last two got swiped out from under me. Just kidding!)
I dunno, it seems like there is a lot of interest and most people are OK with the pricing, but some people seem to think that they are overpriced. I mean if someone else can find a supplier and get the admin's approval, go ahead and they can take over making and selling these decals to forum members. I don't have a problem with that, it's not like I make anything out of this anyways.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
really? I've seen pricing of fake HKS decals that are smaller than the fitfreak.net ones go for over 12 dollars :S

I think the price is fair. Considering how much stuff has to be done to get a batch done.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Question:

How much is $26.00 CAD in USD?

I am interested in two white with red dot and two white with blue dot depending on what the conversion of CAD to USD is.

Not a huge issue as long as $1 CAD doesn't equal like $3 USD.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
dayum those are some hefty prices for stickers.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Im feeling like this is a lost cause Illusive. Nobody understands that quality products do come with a price but if you want them 8 CAD is not terrible of a price and if you order 2 you save a buck. I just dont understand what the big deal is about pricing

Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Retired Moderator
I wish I could do it for cheaper, but it costs me ~$2.00 in stamps alone just to send them out. Then Paypal takes a cut of ~$0.50 per sticker bought due to their system fees. Then of course gas ain't cheap nowadays and I do have to travel a good 10km each way to get them. Then there are those oversized envelopes that I had to buy so that I don't have to crease them, and the time it takes for me to write everything out on the envelope by hand, and of course driving to the post office to send them out in person so they get stamped and sent out the same day. Unfortunately I don't run a decal company so I don't have discounts set up. Some people on the forum that cut decals have been undermining me the whole time and are now complaining that I am passing the torch over to a new guy who has offered to do them the way they are intended to be cut. It's not difficult to contact admin and ask for their permission. I don't have any say when it comes to that as I had to PM the admins on the forum to get their blessing before I could do my run of decals for the forum. Like I said, I don't get anything out of this, just wanted to help promote the forum.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
i dont really mind the cost.

i'll take 1 silver with red dot.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
... glad people read what I am wrote.

I was simply interested in the conversion of usd to cad, but I guess I got misinterpetitated to be a cheap bastard. I guess I will look it up on google.

Again I AM interested in buying 4 stickers two white with red dot and two white with blue dot.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:12 PM
From what I could find $8 CAD is the same as $8.10 USD.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo

I was simply interested in the conversion of usd to cad, but I guess I got misinterpetitated to be a cheap bastard. I guess I will look it up on google.

Again I AM interested in buying 4 stickers two white with red dot and two white with blue dot.
It was alot of things not just one person that is making this hard. There are many threads on the decals and there is talk on some of them about the prices and people saying they can make them for less and all that jazz but no one will go to the Mods and ask for the design and try to make them they just post they can do it better and for less and thats it. Illusive is just trying to make these for the forums and there are people that dont understand that.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitcapo

Sorry bud, my post was not directed at you. I got a little caught up in it and didn't answer your question, sorry!

Exhange rate is pretty much even right now, except Paypal sucks and will put it in their favor so I get less and they take more from you. Win win for them, but expect no more than 2 cents per dollar as the difference

Old 04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Please put me down for 2 white with blue dots. I've been looking at a lot of decals, and this seems very in line with what I've seen for quality decals.

Now, if we could get a decal/sticker to go on the plate holders...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by SmurFit
Please put me down for 2 white with blue dots. I've been looking at a lot of decals, and this seems very in line with what I've seen for quality decals.

Now, if we could get a decal/sticker to go on the plate holders...
Your looking for a FF plate holder? Click on fit gear at the way top of the page and scroll down. Cafe press has them if thats what your looking for.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
is this group buy still going?? since this is the last one i am interested in one silver with red dot to the UK

Quick Reply: Fitfreak.net Decal Group Buy Questions Thread