Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9

Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
7 settings in sport mode, normal, and 5 settings in the economy mode..... Sp 7 can be appreciated most by wearing driving shoes or removing whatever other kind of shoes you are wearing, throwing them out the window so you feel where the pedal is because it is the most responsive setting ....Eco 5 allows you to wear the biggest clunkiest shoes or muddy work boots you can find and still drive very smoothly... The slower throttle response and the throttle position readout on the control module screen really does help you to get better fuel mileage..... Those are the only settings I seem to ever use...... The thing pays for itself with savings at the gas pump or entertainment anyplace you are likely to enjoy quicker throttle response.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered the TC I even sprung for priority shipping. I hope it will be worth the dough.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Thanks,

Your kit has been shipped this morning.

Panson

Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
I got the TC in this morning and installed it right away. I love SP-7 man that thing now drives like the rabbits did in the 70's love it. I have a question though can I change TC while the car is on or do I have to shut it off every time I want to change

Texas

In EC5 on the highway does it actually have a different throttle position lets say at 70 mph than on normal mode. So that would be the gas saving per mile or in acceleration.

Ha now that I have this I want a CAI which I dont know what to get and a header.

Joe

Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I enjoy my TC very much.

SP2 seems to be a happy medium for almost linear throttle response.

If you have them available, I'd like to see if there are charts so I can pick one that's as close to linear as possible.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeF
I got the TC in this morning and installed it right away. I love SP-7 man that thing now drives like the rabbits did in the 70's love it. I have a question though can I change TC while the car is on or do I have to shut it off every time I want to change

Texas

In EC5 on the highway does it actually have a different throttle position lets say at 70 mph than on normal mode. So that would be the gas saving per mile or in acceleration.

Ha now that I have this I want a CAI which I dont know what to get and a header.

Joe
I love it when someone else refers to the old VW Rabbit if comparison to the Fit. The similarities are what first caught my interest. You can change settings while driving but it can be a little scary to do in heavy traffic because your speed will increase or decrease in relation to your foot position on the throttle. Your actual throttle opening at any constant speed will be the same regardless of what setting you are using but by using the readout in Eco mode you are able to see the position of the opening and use it as a tool to attain better mileage...In that way you can accelerate toward the bottom of a hill with less throttle than you would use than if you waited to accelerate after you were already going up the next hill allowing you to use less throttle to maintain your speed until you are further up the the incline then lift off the throttle earlier just before the top relying on gravity and less throttle on the down side... Observing the readout along with the slower reacting throttle in EC5 at staying off the boost has been good for a 10% increase in fuel mileage for me. SP7 and being crazy yielded about -15% but it was sure fun.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 04-19-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Texas for the info.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback.
T/C kit is a nice add-on to small compact car.
We have an ongoing forum member special. Just pm me for detail.

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
It seems that when I switch between normal and SP7 that I do not feel much difference, very slight. Should I really feel the car jump, like if I am climbing a slight grade hill at 45mph? Do you think I should reinstall/reset and try again?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
It seems that when I switch between normal and SP7 that I do not feel much difference, very slight. Should I really feel the car jump, like if I am climbing a slight grade hill at 45mph? Do you think I should reinstall/reset and try again?
please make sure all the connection are plugged in tightly
Remember to reset ECU (disconnect battery for 15mins) before programming the unit.

Panson

Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
If you are in to tall of a gear to be in the RPM range where the engine is not making power, like below 3500 RPM the T/C isn't going to make you go up the hill any faster..... If you are on the power band your car will respond much faster in SP7.... The stock throttle is set up to open very slowly for better fuel mileage. The signal from the controller allows you to make the throttle respond as fast or slow as you'd like according to the style or type of driving that appeals to you.... The same type of system has been in use on luxury sport type cars since the late 80s as one of the features on the factory installed push button sport driving features...

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by twpanson
please make sure all the connection are plugged in tightly
Remember to reset ECU (disconnect battery for 15mins) before programming the unit.

Panson
Thanks, I disconnected the battery and it worked like a charm. What a difference. I like it enough that I might be done with mods for awhile.(until the next idea comes)

Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, I disconnected the battery and it worked like a charm. What a difference. I like it enough that I might be done with mods for awhile.(until the next idea comes)

Panson

Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
I never reset my Ecu I just hooked it up and ran with it. So should I reset ecu but that means I have to program the tc again right? Mine is working fine but if it makes the car more responsive then I will do it,

Old 04-29-2010, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
T/C tends to calibrate better w/ reset ECU and gives out better results.

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the quick service and awesome product Panson.

I installed it this weekend, which was super easy once I read the instructions and realized I was suppose to plug the pedal connector backwards. Most of my time (few minutes) was spent soldering the wires in instead of using the OBDII adapter.

The difference is HUGE and I like it. I always hated transitioning back to the Fit from the 350Z. Because the throttle was sensitive on the Z, the Fit became hard to heal toe since I always get accustomed to being able to only lightly blipping it on the Z. It felt like I had to hold the pedel down to get it to respond.

Question - Where are you guys hooking up the reverse sensor? Is there a place I can tap in around the front of the car?

Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Soldering the ETC in place is a smart thing to do... I have a hell of a time on bumpy surfaces in SP7 mode with the throttle down.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I never installed the reverse wire....

Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Reviving old thread but curious on the price. Thanks

Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
You've got a pm~

Sincerely,
Panson

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9