Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   Would you guys be interested in a "glare-free" Bi-xenon HID kit? Around $140 SHIPPED (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/54249-would-you-guys-interested-glare-free-bi-xenon-hid-kit-around-140-shipped.html)

XenithXenons 03-27-2010 11:38 PM

Would you guys be interested in a "glare-free" Bi-xenon HID kit? Around $140 SHIPPED

Hi everyone,

As a long-term member of Fitfreak and a supplier of HID kits to hundreds of members in the past, Xenith Xenons is experimenting with a new brand of "glare-free" HID conversion kits called LUX.

The user is able to control how far the light-emitting capsule sits from the base of the bulb. For the Bi-xenon systems, adjustment is manual because a remote-controlled mechanism is impossible to fit into the base because a lot of space is already taken by the electromagnet. Basically, the technology allows users to control glare more efficiently than ever before because the user can adjust the bulb and have it placed in a spot where the reflection emitting point (REP) is exactly the same as how the headlamp was designed.

The reason for unnnecessary glare in most aftermarket kits is due to the fact that the bulb either sits further out or further in compared to OEM halogen bulbs, resulting in an awkward scatter of xenon light. By being able to adjust the HID bulb once it's installed in the headlamp, you can control that glare and significantly reduce it.

The beauty of the LUX Bi-xenon system is you will be able to keep your high-beam function and still retain the ability to adjust the bulb position. For more details on exactly what we're talking about, please visit our website for "before and after" photos as well as a video demonstration of our remote-controlled kit in a 2005 Subaru WRX: Xenith Xenons - Premium Xenons in a Not-So-Premium Market

If there is any interest in this product and technology, we'd love to setup a sponsor/vendor account again and maybe even a group buy w/ additional discounts (if the interest is high enough).

Best,
George

vtecfit1 03-28-2010 12:43 AM

thats a pretty sick difference!!! i might be interested, i'll see if my current set up (bi zenon 6000k) are that bad against a wall - i dont remember them glaireing that bad.
keep us posted

Antpwny 03-28-2010 06:22 AM

How much for picked up and installed :o

vinn 03-28-2010 07:30 AM

Lets see results first!

crash001 03-28-2010 08:16 AM

I would be but do u offer instalition and if so how much

fit2bking 03-28-2010 10:33 AM

please post pics of the actual kit!

XenithXenons 03-29-2010 02:34 PM

Hi everyone,

@vtecfit1: Thanks! We'll be getting photos of everything real soon, including pictures specifically from an installed LUX H4 Bi-xenon kit.

@Antpwny: We're looking at a price of about $140-160. It will depend on the pricing we can agree to with our factory and it'll come down to the quantity we order and the shipping we choose.

@vinn: We have some photos on our website to give you a general idea, but yeah no pics of the actual H4 Bi-xenon system... yet. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I can provide some photos.

@crash001: We don't do installs, but we can recommend you to a very knowledgeable and great installer in the SoCal area (he lives in Santa Ana). He has done more than two dozen installs for us in the Honda Fit and has great pricing. You guys probably know him, his name is Peter and his username on here is azncarbos. His contact information is available here: Xenith Xenons - Premium Xenons in a Not-So-Premium Market.

@fit2bking: Will do, thank you for your interest!

XenithXenons 05-15-2010 01:28 AM

Guys the H4 Bi-xenon glare-adjustable kit is going to be available very soon!

We'll be signing up as vendors as soon as they come in. Would anyone be interested in a mini group buy to drop the costs a bit lower? Say 5-10 buyers?

Blue-Civic-Hybrid 05-24-2010 10:03 PM

This sounds interesting, what about the foglights? Do you have a set for the GD3 foglights to make them HID?

I am interested in this new kit of yours...

XenithXenons 05-25-2010 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid (Post 861085)
This sounds interesting, what about the foglights? Do you have a set for the GD3 foglights to make them HID?

I am interested in this new kit of yours...

The fogs are H11 correct? We don't have H11 available as a bulb size yet for the LUX kit. To be honest you might benefit more from ordering just a 2G or 3G kit from us for your fogs as you generally don't need to worry about glare with them since they're so naturally low to the ground.

xxgotfit?xx 05-27-2010 08:19 PM

tagged for interest. will be ordering soon. Just a quick question, do you have pix so I can see the difference between 4300k and 6000k? I'm debating between those two. Thanks in advance.

Blue-Civic-Hybrid 05-27-2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by XenithXenons (Post 861219)
The fogs are H11 correct? We don't have H11 available as a bulb size yet for the LUX kit. To be honest you might benefit more from ordering just a 2G or 3G kit from us for your fogs as you generally don't need to worry about glare with them since they're so naturally low to the ground.

What is the difference between the 2G and 3G H11 kits? Whihc do you recommend? Any chances for a little deal if I buy the LUX and my H11 foglight kits?

XenithXenons 05-28-2010 01:50 AM

@xxgotfit?xx: We have photos of the two colors in our customer gallery, but they aren't from the LUX kits. However, all color temps are standardized across our various HID kit models so they are very similar. You can view the gallery here: Xenith Xenons - Premium Xenons in a Not-So-Premium Market.

@Blue-Civic-Hybrid: The 3G kits have slimmer ballasts that run cooler and more efficiently without flickering later on in the ballasts life. As for the discount, I sent you a PM with some info about that, thanks.

Evotech8 05-28-2010 02:15 PM

For those of us that already have the regular Xenith Bi-Xenon HIDs can we upgrade to the LUX Bi-Xenons without buying the whole kit?

XenithXenons 05-28-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Evotech8 (Post 863079)
For those of us that already have the regular Xenith Bi-Xenon HIDs can we upgrade to the LUX Bi-Xenons without buying the whole kit?

Yes we will have the bulbs available by themselves so you can use any ballasts you currently have with the new ones.

Evotech8 05-28-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by XenithXenons (Post 863110)
Yes we will have the bulbs available by themselves so you can use any ballasts you currently have with the new ones.

Cool!

So I assume these bulbs will be plug-n-play.

can u pm my pricing when available. 6K lux bi-xenons bulbs plz.

XenithXenons 05-30-2010 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Evotech8 (Post 863116)
Cool!

So I assume these bulbs will be plug-n-play.

can u pm my pricing when available. 6K lux bi-xenons bulbs plz.

Yes the bulbs will be plug and play with all aftermarket ballast systems. I sent you a PM with some information, thank you for your interest.

Blue-Civic-Hybrid 05-31-2010 09:37 PM

Thanks!

I am very interested in the LUX kit for my Fit. Thank you for the PM and the information about what I asked about.

I will wait till the LUX kits are done for the H4 prior to my order so I can order the H11 kits G3 at the same time.:D

xxgotfit?xx 05-31-2010 11:59 PM

Cool, can I get info on a set of LUX Bi-xenon 6000k?

XenithXenons 06-01-2010 01:50 PM

@Blue-Civic-Hybrid: Not a problem! I'll put you down on the preorder list and will notify you when the lights become available. Thanks!

@xxgotfit?xx: Sure, I sent you a PM with details.