Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   Gauging Interest for GB: 09-11 USDM Projector Halo R8 Head Lights CCFL (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/62108-gauging-interest-gb-09-11-usdm-projector-halo-r8-head-lights-ccfl.html)

Java^FiT 01-14-2011 02:32 PM

Gauging Interest for GB: 09-11 USDM Projector Halo R8 Head Lights CCFL

I am trying to see if I can get a deal with this company to organize a Group Buy for these headlights to see if we can get them cheaper. I think its cheaper then trying a retrofit and they dont look that bad imo.

Let's get this started! Post if you would be interested in these or not. Thanks!

GE 09-11 USDM Projector Halo R8 Head Lights CCFL
http://turbometal.com/media/catalog/...9-PBC-RF-A.jpg

UPDATE: I heard back from the company already and we will be able to get a 10% discount on this. This will most likely be in the form of a Coupon that we can use on their website to make the individual shipping easier.

Let's get a list started so we can get that code. Lets start with 5 people.

GB Projector Halo R8 Style Headlights for GE 09-11
1. Java^FiT

Punisher11 01-14-2011 03:51 PM

am i correct in thinking this is single beam only? I do like having high beam capability, esp when upstate

Java^FiT 01-14-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Punisher11 (Post 951705)
am i correct in thinking this is single beam only? I do like having high beam capability, esp when upstate

Actually i believe they are seperated, the low beam is the projector and the second halo has a standard reflector bowl for a high beam.

M4psycho 01-14-2011 04:54 PM

Though I'd be interested, I'd like to hear some feedback/results regarding light output, cutoff, quality of the lights (e.g., proper sealing), etc. first....

Java^FiT 01-16-2011 12:10 AM

Bump for some cool lights people. I emailed the company with the several questions, i should have a response on monday. Lets at least get some interest until then, it was very nice of them to offer us this discount for some unique lights that i haven't seen anyone else running.

DSC 01-16-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by M4psycho (Post 951718)
Though I'd be interested, I'd like to hear some feedback/results regarding light output, cutoff, quality of the lights (e.g., proper sealing), etc. first....

x2. Would be cool if someone could give a review.

j1nNju1c3 01-17-2011 02:18 PM

maybe a vid too...or some pics installed....something

Java^FiT 01-17-2011 04:32 PM

Still waiting on the company for responses...bump for interest!

Java^FiT 01-18-2011 10:41 AM

Bump for interest!

Java^FiT 01-18-2011 02:24 PM

UPDATE: I am planning on buying the first set and being the guinea pig for a review of the headlights. Stay tuned.

Java^FiT 01-18-2011 03:41 PM

For those wondering, i did a superfast pshop mockup of what these will look like, i think its pretty cool

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6953/p1010255u1.jpg

j1nNju1c3 01-18-2011 11:32 PM

if these didn't cost so much...lol...

blackvitzrs 01-19-2011 02:24 AM

u can get these for 300 on ebay + shipping

Java^FiT 01-19-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by blackvitzrs (Post 953303)
u can get these for 300 on ebay + shipping

Do you have a link, I can see if these guys will match/beat pricing

blackvitzrs 01-19-2011 10:12 PM

search ebay for "honda fit projectors"

FITMugen 01-19-2011 10:15 PM

I have one for sell. It is chrome housing. $300 plus s&h (actual). Brand new in box, never install.

Java^FiT 01-19-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by blackvitzrs (Post 953558)
search ebay for "honda fit projectors"

haha yea i know they are on there but the only ones ive seen that are this exact model with the CCFL halo's and LED Halo's are at the lowest 340 plus 45 shipping.: 09-10 HONDA FIT BLK LED CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - eBay (item 190492379161 end time Jan-25-11 14:57:32 PST)

If you are referring to this one: 09-10 HONDA FIT BLK R8 DRL LED HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT - eBay (item 190492375691 end time Jan-25-11 14:45:32 PST)

Those are the LED Halo's and if you like those better, the company has those as well. I will contact them and see if they can match pricing.

Originally Posted by FITMugen (Post 953564)
I have one for sell. It is chrome housing. $300 plus s&h (actual). Brand new in box, never install.

I would probably be interested but for one I like the black better and 2, i am planning on test fitting for the company and if they're are issues I can send back and I dont want to put that burden on you.(I haven't seen anyone with these installed or have any reviews anywhere so I am being the Guinea pig.

FITMugen 01-19-2011 11:21 PM

A couple FITs in fitfreak.net already installed it, for example, gober (if I spelled his ID right?.

Java^FiT 01-20-2011 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by FITMugen (Post 953587)
A couple FITs in fitfreak.net already installed it, for example, gober (if I spelled his ID right?.

I think its goobers your referring to and i have seen his write up, those unfortunately were the jdm lights he bought. According to the newer lights realeased they are specific for usdm. I contacted the manufacturing company (NOT TURBO METAL) with some questions. Waiting to hear back.

Goobers 01-20-2011 02:48 AM

hehe... i've been watching this thread... I am curious as to if they would actually fit USDMs.

I do have two issues with my headlights as mentioned... So I *might* consider buying another pair, but only if they clear both issues and prices are low enough. $500 is WAY too high, $300 is still a bit high though. Actually, on top of that... I don't really like the way they laid out the "R8" LEDs. After paying $235 for mine, I'm not looking forward to buying another set.

Even so, good luck to those that are signing up for the group buy.

Java^FiT 01-22-2011 11:32 PM

I contacted the company about the less expensive lights on ebay and they are getting back to me about beating that price. I am thinking as along as no one has any serious issues with it, that i may switch this to the LED Halo version as the CCFL's seem to be much more expensive.

Gbarb18 02-03-2011 08:13 PM

I would interested in a pair of these, would like to see final price and a review.

Java^FiT 02-04-2011 09:25 AM

After talking with the company, they are unwilling to match the lower price I found which makes their "Discounts" almost a waste of mine and everyone else's time for a product without any R&D on the fit.

The discount they were going to provide me for dishing out the ~400 bucks to be the test fitter reviewer was a joke and really showed their lack of appreciation along with their pitiful discount to us.

I have therefor cancelled this possible group buy and recommend anyone that wants these lights to purchase them independently from ebay where you can get them less than the promised discount price from these guys.

If anyone needs links to the correct ones please let me know. I am sorry for any lost hopes...

theindiearmy 02-04-2011 10:16 AM

If you plan on getting the HID kit with it, the website says you'll get discounted 10% already. Would our discount be 10% on top of that?

Count me in although I'm not sure if I'll be ready to buy right away. I'm also waiting confirmation of USDM fitting. Has this been confirmed yet?

Java^FiT 02-04-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by theindiearmy (Post 958505)
If you plan on getting the HID kit with it, the website says you'll get discounted 10% already. Would our discount be 10% on top of that?

Count me in although I'm not sure if I'll be ready to buy right away. I'm also waiting confirmation of USDM fitting. Has this been confirmed yet?

.....ummm read last post

Originally Posted by Java^FiT (Post 958496)
After talking with the company, they are unwilling to match the lower price I found which makes their "Discounts" almost a waste of mine and everyone else's time for a product without any R&D on the fit.

The discount they were going to provide me for dishing out the ~400 bucks to be the test fitter reviewer was a joke and really showed their lack of appreciation along with their pitiful discount to us.

I have therefor cancelled this possible group buy and recommend anyone that wants these lights to purchase them independently from ebay where you can get them less than the promised discount price from these guys.

If anyone needs links to the correct ones please let me know. I am sorry for any lost hopes...

M4psycho 02-04-2011 10:52 AM

Yeah I had a feeling this might happen. Chances are they're the exact same product, but they don't want to allude to that so that's why they shafted you. In any case, I'd be a bit cautious even buying the ones from Ebay. I've seen some cases here and there about improper sealing and what not, and sometimes it's not worth the headache even if it's significantly cheaper than a retrofit. Thanks for trying to get this to work though Java!

theindiearmy 02-04-2011 11:09 AM

Sorry, I don't use Ebay. Been shafted one too many times on there. Their "buyers protection" program us an absolute joke and often non-existent. I don't mind spending $20 more to buy from a BBB accreditted store (which I well be checking before purchase).

Java^FiT 02-04-2011 02:15 PM

There should be no reason to get "Shafted" one too many times unless you dont check into the seller first. I'm not telling people to go buy blindly because that would be stupid and im not having people order direct from Hong Kong or any other unnecessarily far place either. There are company's that choose to sell products through ebay as a store with great rep and I have never had any issues with those such transactions.

I am sorry you had bad experiences with eBay, but unless the entire eBay site is selling everything from one person, then you can't base an opinion of a bad buy from one or two people...that was just bad judgement.

theindiearmy 02-04-2011 02:57 PM

I'd rather avoid the whole process where return policies and warranties are commonly not honored for various made up reasons, if one is even offered. I have no problem spending $20 for that assurance.

I always check seller rep, but those are often false and altered. Maybe I'll check amazon, at least they have great customer service and actually fulfill their buyer protection programs without any questions.

I'll be sure to post pics when I get them installed.

Java^FiT 02-04-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by theindiearmy (Post 958595)
I'd rather avoid the whole process where return policies and warranties are commonly not honored for various made up reasons, if one is even offered. I have no problem spending $20 for that assurance.

I always check seller rep, but those are often false and altered. Maybe I'll check amazon, at least they have great customer service and actually fulfill their buyer protection programs without any questions.

I'll be sure to post pics when I get them installed.

Just to let you know, i compared the price of the ebay set and dash z and the ebay is 385shipped and dashz is anywhere from 470-510shipped. Im failing to see where it is only a 20 dollar discrepancy in your mind... Feel free to correct me.

theindiearmy 02-04-2011 04:19 PM

I'll admit I haven't viewed the ebay listing, I'm just going by your posting of the ccfl ones going for 340 on there. My math is that I'll definitely be getting a hid kit for them so I'll get 10% off both. 10% of $400 is $40 which puts the headlights at 360. That's where I get the $20 base cost difference. For both I imagine my kit won't be too much more than other places at about $100, plus I'll be paying one shipping cost for both items.

If the ebay listing includes an hid kit, or shipping for $340, then thats a different story if course.

theindiearmy 02-05-2011 12:39 AM

So I just got home off my mobile phone and can browse this thread a little easier and realized the store linked to in the first post isn't even the one I was referring to. So I'm sorry about that. I was referred to this thread from another thread and assumed it was the same store since it was about a group buy. Dash Z also sells this product for $430 for the CCFL and $375 for the LED Halos. Again, 10% off if you buy a HID kit with them. Perhaps we could get a group buy or price match discussion started with them to see if they will drop it even more or provide a couple test kits for cheaper?

Lighting - Projector Headlights - Honda - Fit

I also went ahead and checked their BBB rating and they currently have a B+ rating which means it's generally high and there are very few major complaints.

Sorry about the mix up Java.

Java^FiT 02-05-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by theindiearmy (Post 958764)
So I just got home off my mobile phone and can browse this thread a little easier and realized the store linked to in the first post isn't even the one I was referring to. So I'm sorry about that. I was referred to this thread from another thread and assumed it was the same store since it was about a group buy. Dash Z also sells this product for $430 for the CCFL and $375 for the LED Halos. Again, 10% off if you buy a HID kit with them. Perhaps we could get a group buy or price match discussion started with them to see if they will drop it even more or provide a couple test kits for cheaper?

Lighting - Projector Headlights - Honda - Fit

I also went ahead and checked their BBB rating and they currently have a B+ rating which means it's generally high and there are very few major complaints.

Sorry about the mix up Java.

Its not problem, I wasn't trying to start a riff i just wanted to make sure you had all of the correct facts.

I have decided to pass on the lights because instead of enhancing outward appearance, while i enjoy it, its a waste for me and I'd rather put that money towards handling and power as I am planning to get into auto-x.

Feel free to hijack the thread to organize another gb with dash-z. :D

theindiearmy 02-05-2011 04:27 PM

Alright, I contacted them about a group buy, the ebay listings, as well as a possible discounted test car purchase for fitment results.

If everything lines up, who all is still interested?