Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GD or GE New Product Suggestions..

Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
GD or GE New Product Suggestions..

I come to you all asking for a small request. What do you see in the market right now that you want to put on your GD/GE. Please keep it aero related, since we don't do much of anything else besides aftermarket aero parts. Something in the market that caught your eye, but is out of your price range? Something that people have been talking about making, but no vendor has delivered? I want to be that individual who brings out a few new products for your cars. So please, post away!

Also, if someone has an item that we don't have.. body kit, lip kit, spoiler, hoods and or trunks.. Please PM me because I want to cut you a deal.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
different style spoilers that mounts to factory location (without a need to drill new holes) would be awesome.

IE: kenstyle, spoon, etc

and a rear diffuser would be nice as well

Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by feared
different style spoilers that mounts to factory location (without a need to drill new holes) would be awesome.

IE: kenstyle, spoon, etc

and a rear diffuser would be nice as well
For the GE correct? Diffuser and spoilers are a definite must. Good feedback! Keep em coming!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
something like this that would fit our USDM fits:

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
For the GE correct? Diffuser and spoilers are a definite must. Good feedback! Keep em coming!
GD and GE.

I know GE's dont have a wide variety of spoiler options, so more options for that market would be great

Pretty much all of the spoiler options for the GD require drilling, since its based of the jdm version (spoon, mugen, j's, kenstyle, etc), except your OEM CF version. Only thing keeping me from changing my spoiler is having to drill new holes. It's something i dont really want to do. I would definitely jump on a spool style that utilizes factory mounting location.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
an front bumper that includes ducting for brake cooling, a widebody kit that is essentially a copy of the mugen f154sc kit, and entire underbody tray to further improve aerodynamics under car as well as hypermiling.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wontfit
an front bumper that includes ducting for brake cooling, a widebody kit that is essentially a copy of the mugen f154sc kit, and entire underbody tray to further improve aerodynamics under car as well as hypermiling.
This!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
I would say a JDM conversion replica for both GDs and GEs.

BTW, Mr. Extreme Dimensions Rep, you wouldn't happen to be Geoffery Brown would you?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Someone please make a carbon fiber replica of the kenstyle spolier for the ge. also that doesnt require drilling

Old 06-29-2011, 01:19 AM
A diffuser as well as something to decrease pressure in the rear wheel wells and behind the bumper. Both GE and GD

A wide open symmetrical upper grill for GDs.

Adjustable front lip spoiler that actually creates downforce for both GE and GD

Kammback spoiler for above the hatch.

A vented under panel for below the engine bay, or even the whole underbody that could then transition to a diffuser

Louvred hood.. wheel well panels for hypermilers

I think you get the idea haha

Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
You listed every cotton picking thing I wanted to say.... Disk wheel covers and rear fender skirts would give you a serious aero advantage at The Texas Mile.... This isn't aero but it would be a great product that would be convenient..... How about a rally type roof scoop.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Haha I really want to see some functional aero bits come out for this car. Everything I need for the DSM needs to be custom fabbed.

Once I get my licenses for 175mph and 200mph I want to take the Fit to the Texas Mile.

With 300whp I would like to believe 165-170mph is do-able. Will probably require an 8500-9000rpm redline as well as the valve springs to support it and potentially some taller 26" tires to pull it off.

But good news! The Laser's gremlins have been sorted out! It is up and boosting and the only little bits remaining before I can head down will be fixing my turbo oil return line leak and then finding a better way to secure the front bumper.

It'd be nice to come down and meet up with you Texas Fit folks!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle

BTW, Mr. Extreme Dimensions Rep, you wouldn't happen to be Geoffery Brown would you?

that too. jdm conversions that won't cost an arm & a leg.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle

No Sir, he is still with ED. You guys friends?

Originally Posted by beangrower
that too. jdm conversions that won't cost an arm & a leg.
What are the differences? Since I am not familiar with the JDM Spec Fit.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
A diffuser as well as something to decrease pressure in the rear wheel wells and behind the bumper. Both GE and GD

A wide open symmetrical upper grill for GDs.

Adjustable front lip spoiler that actually creates downforce for both GE and GD

Kammback spoiler for above the hatch.

A vented under panel for below the engine bay, or even the whole underbody that could then transition to a diffuser

Louvred hood.. wheel well panels for hypermilers

I think you get the idea haha
Got it! Great info. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beangrower
something like this that would fit our USDM fits:

I would like that also.
For a GE Base A front bumper that includes ducting for brake cooling and a side kit that I would not have to drill new holes.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Sad... saw the thread and mind jump straight to wanting this

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator
For the GD a rear Diffuser has been wanted for a long time for the USDM Fit. A few people have said they would make one but no one has delivered.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MNfit
For the GD a rear Diffuser has been wanted for a long time for the USDM Fit. A few people have said they would make one but no one has delivered.
Similar to what the Spoon style or JDP? The problem is that people would rather wrap they're diffusers in CF vinyl rather then dish out $300-$400 for a CF rear diffuser.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MOTOMATT
I would like that also.
For a GE Base A front bumper that includes ducting for brake cooling and a side kit that I would not have to drill new holes.

Does anyone actually own the Noblesse kit??

Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Similar to what the Spoon style or JDP? The problem is that people would rather wrap they're diffusers in CF vinyl rather then dish out $300-$400 for a CF rear diffuser.
I'm not all that much into carbon fiber for a diffuser... Just something that reduces wind resistance... A full length front to rear under body cover with removable panels for regular servicing and maintenance and replaceable panels in areas that are likely to be prone to damage... There are a lot of aero products geared toward form and aesthetic appreciation but very little that addresses performance and aerodynamic function.... I guess that if it isn't visible and no one can see it, it won't sell, at least it appears that way to me..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GD or GE New Product Suggestions..