Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   Gauging: S2K Push Button Start (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/66944-gauging-s2k-push-button-start.html)

mvang001 08-19-2011 06:01 PM

Gauging: S2K Push Button Start

Hey everyone,

Gauging interest for S2K style push buttons for the Honda fit. If I have at least 5 commits, then I'll make it happen.

Thanks.

brEAd 08-22-2011 11:27 PM

price range and pics?

abelardo 08-22-2011 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by brEAd (Post 1025619)
price range and pics?

^ and Installation and electric wire instructions.

angryfit 08-22-2011 11:48 PM

that would be pretty baller, how would it work?

Exiled Lakai 08-23-2011 12:19 AM

I know this is will sound snobbish but I work for Exotics Racing out at LVMS and whenever I get into one of the Ferrari's it erks me that this whole push button thing just adds one more step to starting the damn car. Ferrari uses a regular key that goes into a regular cylinder and turns like normal until you get to the part where it would start the engine. It even springs back like it should if it did start the engine. But it doesn't! You now have to spend 3-5 seconds locating and pushing the start button on the steering wheel.

Yes I know this sounds a little jaded but when instructing students lap after lap I just want to be able to get in the damn thing, start it and go. If it was a FOB then I wouldn't care and it would be great. However the fact is its a key and you're already doing the normal motion of starting the car yet now you have to locate and push a button. Waste of time.

jnesselroad 09-13-2011 06:13 PM

i have one (not installed on the fit) and had it installed on a previous car of mine. what kind of pics are you looking for? it's a cylinder about 3 inches long with 5 pins in the back. you only need 3 of them hooked up though. you wire it up to a relay if you want to be safe and you can hook it up to where you can still use the key to start the car (making it literally just for kicks and giggles when you wanna show off) or mandatory to start the car (like an s2000). wiring is the same for any car you wanna put this thing in, it's just a matter of finding the wires. it's a constant 12+, a switched 12+, a ground and the ignition wire i think (off the top of my head)

lungfish23 09-13-2011 07:41 PM

I would be interested. What's the price range for it?

Jamy 09-13-2011 09:53 PM

Interested. Price?

clownassasin 09-14-2011 03:27 PM

Definitely interested but I'd like a price range

j1nNju1c3 09-14-2011 04:43 PM

What everybody else said.

jnesselroad 10-01-2011 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just thought i'd add this incase anyone actually wants to do it.
Attachment 31698

ignore the color information in the top left, it's from the car i had installed it on. main thing is that the left one is a 12+ and the right is your ignition.

Jamy 10-01-2011 12:20 AM

I do believe we have been rick rolled..

clownassasin 10-01-2011 02:51 AM

^Agreed :/

jnesselroad 10-01-2011 03:00 AM

Looks like it. If anyone wants one tho, they're only $38.26 from cflhonda.

Jamy 10-01-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by jnesselroad (Post 1037879)
Looks like it. If anyone wants one tho, they're only $38.26 from cflhonda.

If you can help me with the wiring I'm game.

Texas Coyote 10-01-2011 03:01 AM

It would be nice to have a starter button that could turn the engine over a few times to circulate the oil and lube things up a little before turning on the ignition and starting the car... I think my 1961 Austin Healey or maybe one of my old air cooled Beetles was the last cars I owned that had a starter button.. What will be next? Maybe a manually engaged starter drive and starter motor switch activated by a foot pedal to the right of the throttle pedal like on a late 40s early 50s Chevy stove bolt babbit rod 6 cylinder truck.

jnesselroad 10-01-2011 11:09 AM

@texascoyote, wow... I barely understood half of that comment. Ha, guess that's what I get for being 25 and the oldest car I've owned having been a 94 civic hatch. You sound like you know your cars. This button would actually start up the engine though the way that diagram shows. There might be a way to get it to do that.

Jamy, I'll do what I can to help. That diagram is pretty much it. I should be getting the service manual here in a week or so, just ordered it. That should have wiring diagrams in it.

Jamy 10-01-2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by jnesselroad (Post 1037944)
Jamy, I'll do what I can to help. That diagram is pretty much it. I should be getting the service manual here in a week or so, just ordered it. That should have wiring diagrams in it.

Hit me up when you get it. I'll order the button once you get it. I just don't want to get it with out having a wiring diagram for it. I gotta figure out where I'm gonna put it.

Jamy 10-03-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Acondaura (Post 1038525)
I feel the exact same way.. Honestly, I feel like you can throw your money at better things then a "push to start button". Seriously, your still going through all the motions, besides twisting. If I were you I would focus on something more important. I guess the only bright side would be if it's cheap and if you can install it yourself.. Other then that, waste of time..

$50 is pretty cheap. I'm not doing it out of a necessity or anything. I'm just doing it to say I did. And personally I think it looks kinda cool. Adding a fob + push button start is around $250-400 and way too much work. I'll just wait till I get the next car to get that.

preludetofit 02-22-2012 09:55 PM

Did anyone ever end up doing this?